You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 12:05am

All i can say is "Finally!". Tom was an outstanding player but it's so sad to hear the same rumors every year for a player and ask yourself, is she retiring this time? Same was for Glinka.

On the other hand, I really loved the way Ravva retired.
I frankly don't see a reason for a volleyball player to retire if they are not facing a serious injury.

Well Tom never said she will retire, as Glinka did. Even if Logan retires there won't be an official statement unless she gives any interview.. Logan never says stuff before time, so situation is very different than Glinka

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 1:10am

All i can say is "Finally!". Tom was an outstanding player but it's so sad to hear the same rumors every year for a player and ask yourself, is she retiring this time? Same was for Glinka.

On the other hand, I really loved the way Ravva retired.
I frankly don't see a reason for a volleyball player to retire if they are not facing a serious injury.

You miss one crucial point; volleyball is not their only passion. During their career many volleyball players have troubles since they don't spend enough time with their families, friends. Most of them want to have some kids after retiring or the ones who got pregnant at early ages want to raise their kids themselves before they got older. Some educated ones (which is rare in Turkey) want to pursue different careers, and so forth. Thus, it is quite understandable to see early retirement of some players, especially the top ones who not only play in their club but also in their NT as well.

Nikita

Beginner

• "Nikita" is female

Favourite Team: Vakifbank

Favourite Players: Logan Tom, Kim Hill, Naz Aydemir-Akyol, Lonneke Sloetjes, Milena Rasic, Kim Yeon-Koung, Thaisa Menezes, Tatiana Kosheleva

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 10:54am

Any news on Logan Tom?