Brazil NT 2015

• Saw this post from the other threads (http://globoesporte.globo.com/…-na-selecao-por-2016.html - credit goes to Harboboy for posting).

I used Google translate but it says that Ze will rest Sheilla, Fabiana this year?

Yes, They will only play in not official games and training with NT, I think that Thaisa, Sheilla, Dani Lins, Fabiana and Garay will not play and Pan and Gran Prix, they will be recovery for 2016 Olympic Year. And the others players, Like Nathália, Gabi and Brait will be part of the NT in Pan or Gran Prix, Sheilla doesn't now how zé will do the division of players if He will mix both of teams or make a team A for some competition without the most Reliable players. This is what the most brazilian people want, test the youngs, who Knows if show up some good player.. and in the Olympic games Brazil will need more than Seven players, I don't Know if Jaque will be put in Group of ( Sheilla and Fabi), She has been just amazing this year, is so far the best OH in Brazil. Maybe Zé could use the competition to Keep Jaque's Shape.

• Sheilla said that some of the main players of the NT will rest (including her and Fabiana) this year and only train with the team and play in some friendly matches. Grand Prix and Pan-American Championship will probably see some mixed teams (she says it's likely ZRG will send the main team to the WGP - probably the bench from WCH I assume - and a B team to Pan).

EDIT: Gomes beat me to it. :gone:

• Daniel from LANCEnet is reporting that someone (apparently a high level player) has refused an offer to join the NT this year. I'm posting here because I've already seen some people saying that Bia (MB, SESI-SP) has already refused an offer in the past, so I wonder if it's her or someone else this time. :rolleyes:

• Daniel from LANCEnet is reporting that someone (apparently a high level player) has refused an offer to join the NT this year. I'm posting here because I've already seen some people saying that Bia (MB, SESI-SP) has already refused an offer in the past, so I wonder if it's her or someone else this time. :rolleyes:

It's probably her again. She has refused to join the NT in the past couple years...last time she went to the Disney while the NT was training... she must have a VERY good reason... :whistle: :whistle:

• I think that Bia knows that your chance to go to Olympic games it's very small, She can play all this competitions after Rio 2016..

Joycinha already refuse a call from Zé, She says in a interview

Daniel from LANCEnet is reporting that someone (apparently a high level player) has refused an offer to join the NT this year. I'm posting here because I've already seen some people saying that Bia (MB, SESI-SP) has already refused an offer in the past, so I wonder if it's her or someone else this time. :rolleyes:

• Who do you guys think can temporarily replace players like jaque, garay, etc. this year in case they're all rested?

On OH position, I can only think of Natalia and Gabi. I'm very positive about Gabi's future but when I compare her with Mari, Paula, Jaque at her age, she's nowhere near their level. :(

At the OPP, I was hopeful about Bruna... until Bernardhino benched her. :| Monique is not playing as good as she was capable of last year and only Tandara, who's pregnant right now, can really fill up Sheilla's spot.

At the MB position, only Carol looks promising to me.

I had hopes last year with players like Rosamaria, Leticia Hague, Natasha, Bia, etc. but watching them this year... I'm not so impressed anymore. That, or the level of the league has somewhat dropped compared to the previous years.

• ^ I take back what i said about Gabi. What I mean to say is that aside from her, no other players are showing up in the current Superliga who can compare to the likes of Mari, Paula, Jaque, Garay. So i'm a bit apprehensive on this year's grand prix. Natalia and Gabi can be this year's OH but the OPP, backup OHs, and MB positions are on question.

• Who do you guys think can temporarily replace players like jaque, garay, etc. this year in case they're all rested?

On OH position, I can only think of Natalia and Gabi. I'm very positive about Gabi's future but when I compare her with Mari, Paula, Jaque at her age, she's nowhere near their level.

At the OPP, I was hopeful about Bruna... until Bernardhino benched her. Monique is not playing as good as she was capable of last year and only Tandara, who's pregnant right now, can really fill up Sheilla's spot.

At the MB position, only Carol looks promising to me.

I had hopes last year with players like Rosamaria, Leticia Hague, Natasha, Bia, etc. but watching them this year... I'm not so impressed anymore. That, or the level of the league has somewhat dropped compared to the previous years.

I think that some old players improve like Suelle OH from SESI, Rosamaria player like Opp this year but she is a good OH better back row than Gabi so far... Gabi have not a strongest type... but it's good too.

MB: Mara (São Caetano), Bia (SESI), CArol ( RIo)
    OH: Natália, Gabi, Suelle, Ellen .. Pri Daroit mabe have another chance too..
    Opp: Rosamaria, Ivna
    Libero: Leia, Brait
    Setter: Naiane , Macris...

will be so many players this year... Brazil doesn't have so many goods to form 2 good teams.. maybe one could be good. In Pan only Rep Dominicana maybe goes with team A.. a Medal will be not so difficult. And a good team can be mounted for Gran Prix.

• OH Natalia is Natalia Perreira??

Yes, she's doing quite good nowadays ^^ Bernardinho tried different solutions in Unilever, putting her on both wings, but it works the best with both Gabi and Natalia as OHs :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Keeping it short: 1) Brazil lacks a solid OPP to sub in for Sheilla and Tandara. Ivna is a mess and I still would take Monique over her any day; Rosamaria could be a surprise, but she still delivers some uneven performances. 2) For OHs, Natália and Gabi are clearly the best, but I'm worried about reception as always - no one in the league is doing well passing other than Jaqueline. Suelle is alright-ish, but Pri Daroit is a big no imo. I'm interested in how Drussyla will develop with Bernardinho in Rio as I've liked her game whenever she entered in court. 3) Best options for MBs are obviously Bia and Carol, with possibly Mara, Roberta on bench (I like Fran from Pinheiros too). 4) Macris and Naiane are no-brainers for almost everyone, at least to be considered and tested.

• Zé Roberto gave an interview last month saying that Brazil will organize a tournament between the end of August and the beginning of September. He stated: "It's not that easy to pull off, but the Netherlands is confirmed. We already sent invitations to Italy, Turkey, Russia, Poland and Bulgaria".

I think that's great, but I don't know how this could happen simultaneously with the World Cup and the ECH. Maybe Zé got the schedule wrong. :sos:

• Keeping it short: 1) Brazil lacks a solid OPP to sub in for Sheilla and Tandara. Ivna is a mess and I still would take Monique over her any day; Rosamaria could be a surprise, but she still delivers some uneven performances. 2) For OHs, Natália and Gabi are clearly the best, but I'm worried about reception as always - no one in the league is doing well passing other than Jaqueline. Suelle is alright-ish, but Pri Daroit is a big no imo. I'm interested in how Drussyla will develop with Bernardinho in Rio as I've liked her game whenever she entered in court. 3) Best options for MBs are obviously Bia and Carol, with possibly Mara, Roberta on bench (I like Fran from Pinheiros too). 4) Macris and Naiane are no-brainers for almost everyone, at least to be considered and tested.

Well, I agree with almost everything you have said. I just wanna point out that Rosamaria was doing a superb season until she got injuried. She recovered in the end of the Superliga's Regular Season, but was clearly out of shape and played poorly in the playoffs.
    And I never would tought that this could come out my mouth, but I think Mari Paraiba deserve a chance too. Despite the last bad game against Rexona, she's doing a great Superliga in attack and as well in reception.

• Zé Roberto gave an interview last month saying that Brazil will organize a tournament between the end of August and the beginning of September. He stated: "It's not that easy to pull off, but the Netherlands is confirmed. We already sent invitations to Italy, Turkey, Russia, Poland and Bulgaria".

I think that's great, but I don't know how this could happen simultaneously with the World Cup and the ECH. Maybe Zé got the schedule wrong.

Probability will be simultaneous to World Cup.. Brasil will not participate in the World Cup this year... like Italy, Poland, Bulgária and Netherlands

• Well, I agree with almost everything you have said. I just wanna point out that Rosamaria was doing a superb season until she got injuried. She recovered in the end of the Superliga's Regular Season, but was clearly out of shape and played poorly in the playoffs.
    And I never would tought that this could come out my mouth, but I think Mari Paraiba deserve a chance too. Despite the last bad game against Rexona, she's doing a great Superliga in attack and as well in reception.

Sometimes I catch myself thinking the same about Mari Paraíba and it freaks me out. But I wouldn't be against seeing her in a B team this year at all to be honest.

I do agree Rosamaria was doing great (I was fully on board with her just joining the NT already until a couple of months ago), but she really needs to step it up and get in a good shape again. I think most teams really got a hang on how to counter her attacks at the same time she started to get back from the injury and that must've shaken her up a bit. Renatinha and sometimes even Lorenne were doing better in a few matches. But she's still really young and I think some time in the senior NT could do her well.

• Brazil is clearly lacking some replacements for the all-star team.

For the OH, of course there is no doubt that Natalia and Gabi is the front runner. But I think Suelle (SESI) and Mari Praiba (Minas) could be given a chance, too. The sad thing is that there is not much option for the spot, not this time around on the Superliga. There is no other outstanding OHs that can fill up to Jacque and Fe Garay's spot. However, I personally think that Natalia is improving a lot. Gabi is good as well, but she seems a bit inconsistent. Gosh, how I miss watching the dynamic duo of Mari and Paula on court.

For the OPP, I think this is the biggest problem that Brazil has right now. Tandara is a downgrade version of Sheilla, but she will not be able to play. The only options that I could think of is Monique -- but her physical condition worries me. Ivna is a BIG no, she is a mess throughout the competition. Bruna is a nominee as well, but lately she has been benched a lot. Rosamaria is also a good option. But I wish that Coach Ze will bring Mari back to the NT, even as a backup OPP. She is the player with the most experience and she is one of a few players that can play both OH and OPP really well. She might be underperforming again this season but maybe an invitation to the NT will lift her spirit up. Plus, I miss seeing her in the NT jersey.

For MBs, Ade and Juciely should really go all out this cycle since they are the strongest fill-up for Fabiana and Thaisa.

For setter, Coach Ze should invite that young setter from Minas. Of course there are lots of tournaments for young talent like her, but Dani Lins and Fabiola is not getting any younger. Ze needs to train this girl from the get go so that the problem like Fofao-replacement will not happen again.