Brazil NT 2015

• Roster for Pan American games

Setters: Macris and Ana Tiemi
    OHs: Michelle, Mari, Fe Garay and Jaqueline
    OPPs: Joycinha and Rosamaria
    MBs: Adenízia, Angélica and Bárbara (also OPP)
    Libero: Léia

It's Mari Paraiba, not Marianne Steinbrecher as someone thought in WGP thread :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It's Mari Paraiba, not Marianne Steinbrecher as someone thought in WGP thread :wavy:

Yes, I know. I'm surprised people still think Mari Steinbrecher would come back to the NT. She's been out for more than 3 years now. And have been mostly on the bench of her clubs since then...

Almost all those players are playing in WGP.
    Which players will play the third week and final six?
    Pan American games starts next week.

• Almost all those players are playing in WGP.
    Which players will play the third week and final six?
    Pan American games starts next week.

There is no official info about that yet, but I'm guessing:

Setters: Dani Lins and Roberta
    OHs: Gabi, Natália, Suelle and Ellen
    OPPs: Ivna and Monique
    MBs: Carol, Jucy, Mayhara and Letícia Hage
    Liberos: Camila Brait (and maybe Sassá too)

• http://blogs.lancenet.com.br/v…ue-jogara-o-pan/#comments

Team Brazil - Pan 2015

Levantadoras: Ana Tiemi e Macris
    Opostos: Joycinha e Rosamaria
    Pontas: Fernanda Garay, Jaqueline, Mari Paraíba, Michelle
    Centrais: Adenízia, Angélica, Bárbara
    Líbero: Camila Brait

• Léia is injuried, that's why she is not going to PanAm anymore. I guess Sassá will play the last weeks in Grand Prix?!

• Looking at Brazil, I think the main problem is and always has been our hitting OH. In 2008, Zé fixed it moving Mari to the wing-spiker position. In 2012, he subbed in Garay and it worked well. With Garay and Natalia in a regular shape, it makes trouble for us because we have no one to put in. Our best two OH's adds (Mari Paraíba and Suelle) just can play a role that Jaqueline already plays pretty well.

In the World Championship, USA changed their service strategy that was to serve mainly on Garay (our worst receiver option) to serve over Jaque. They figured out that, even though Jaqueline is an excellent passer, giving Garay more court to hit wouldn't harm their defensive system as if they did the same to Jaqueline like in the Olympics. At this way, they would be able to control our attack. As we are not having so far a reliable hitter to team up with Jaque, I wonder what Zé has in mind in order to puzzle it out at this time.

• Looking at Brazil, I think the main problem is and always has been our hitting OH. In 2008, Zé fixed it moving Mari to the wing-spiker position. In 2012, he subbed in Garay and it worked well. With Garay and Natalia in a regular shape, it makes trouble for us because we have no one to put in. Our best two OH's adds (Mari Paraíba and Suelle) just can play a role that Jaqueline already plays pretty well.

In the World Championship, USA changed their service strategy that was to serve mainly on Garay (our worst receiver option) to serve over Jaque. They figured out that, even though Jaqueline is an excellent passer, giving Garay more court to hit wouldn't harm their defensive system as if they did the same to Jaqueline like in the Olympics. At this way, they would be able to control our attack. As we are not having so far a reliable hitter to team up with Jaque, I wonder what Zé has in mind in order to puzzle it out at this time.

i agree...Brazil has an offensive OH problem..due to that, Jaque is an invaluable player for you and her shape is very important for the team...Ze doesnt know how to use Natalia in his system due to her reception..Gabi's offense is problem against tough teams...Brazil's power lies in its team play,passion of players and the middles..Sheilla's shape is question mark too,it is also not known that she will be a starter or Slötjes will take her place in VB (Guidetti factor) ..Garay is in a decline....she will have to reach her best shape for Rio for Brazil..i forgot other OPP's name? ..maybe brazil will have to solve offensive OH problem with that OPP(injuried) or Natalia putting them into reception etc.....

• i agree...Brazil has an offensive OH problem..due to that, Jaque is an invaluable player for you and her shape is very important for the team...Ze doesnt know how to use Natalia in his system due to her reception..Gabi's offense is problem against tough teams...Brazil's power lies in its team play,passion of players and the middles..Sheilla's shape is question mark too,it is also not known that she will be a starter or Slötjes will take her place in VB (Guidetti factor) ..Garay is in a decline....she will have to reach her best shape for Rio for Brazil..i forgot other OPP's name? ..maybe brazil will have to solve offensive OH problem with that OPP(injuried) or Natalia putting them into reception etc.....

Agreed.
    My expectation for Rio2016 is Jacqueline and Natalia with her reception improved as OH's duo.
    Fe Garay and Gabi are not enough to destroy defensive system of strong teams.
    But it's still questionable about Natalia's shape.

• i forgot other OPP's name? ..maybe brazil will have to solve offensive OH problem with that OPP(injuried)

I guess you're talking about Tandara. In case Natalia do not bounce back and Garay still gets bogged down, she's the next. She had some great matches at OH indeed. However, I'd like to think this break is going to be very good to Sheilla with Natalia and Garay getting better. Tandara isn't reliable against tall blocks.

• I miss the times when we had 2 offensive OH's (Paula Pequeno & Mari :heart:) Natalia has a great chance now to show how much usable she could be but I think they should try Tandara, she did great when performed at OH position in Sollys/Osasco (2011/2012), if the other options didn't work.

• When asked about Fabiola's recovery after pregnancy and her chances to go to Rio, Ze said: 'She is a player worth waiting.'

I find it funny since she left her home in 2012 after she was in every competition Brazil played before that, even starting setter at the 2010 WCH.. and now after Lins is not so shinny, and not a real second setter Fabiola, who had bad season in Russia, is a player worth waiting.. :whistle: :whistle:

• Tandara 20 points 1 block 6 aces and 13 points at attack 50%.. Hope she loses weight .. Tandara and Natália are a powerful duo...

http://superliga.cbv.com.br/20…-18-24-03/tabela-de-jogos