Russian NT 2015

• S : Ekaterina Kosianenko, Evgeniya Startseva, Elena Novik, Marina Babeshina
    OPPs : Nataliya Obmochaeva, Natalia Malykh
    MBs : Yulia Morozova, Anastasia Shylyakhovaya, Irina Zaryazhko, Natalia Dianskaya, Irina Fetisova, Yulia Podskalnaya, Elena Yureva
    OHs : Alexandra Pasynkova, Tatiana Kosheleva, Yulia Kutyukova, Anastasia Bavykina, Victoria Chaplina
    Liberos : Svetlana Kryuchkova, Anna Malova, Yulianna Kvon

It seems like both Gamova and Sokolova aren't really interested in playing in NT next year so we will probably see a very young team, just like in 2013. I added some new names, not sure if any of you agree with me them deserving a chance in NT. I used to hate Babeshina for playing a boring and high volleyball but in Omsk now she plays good, sometimes as good as Startseva or Kosianenko. I have no clue if Novik is healthy enough.

Yureva totally deserves a chance in NT, has she ever played for Belarus before? She's one of the best MBs in the Russian league right now... Shylyakhovaya is getting into better form fortunately but I'm very doubtful she can make as good form as in 2013.

• Yureva totally deserves a chance in NT, has she ever played for Belarus before? She's one of the best MBs in the Russian league right now...

Yes, she has. She played for Belarus team for many years. Probably no chance to see her in Russian NT.

• Yurieva's (Hendzel's) case is like Maryukhnich's unfortuantely ;( because of Obmochaeva it's impossible to have them all in one team :(

Abroskina seems to be impressive enough to fight for a spot as L in NT and youngster Guskova should be included here :wavy:
    Maybe I'd add also Shcherban as OH for wide list ^^ with lack of better players she still should find a place.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Yesterday Marichev signed a new contract to run the NT until december 2015. The hot news, however, is the Federation's decision to build 2 teams for the upcoming NT season, due to the great quantity of tournaments. Vadim Pankov will coach the B-team.

I humbly diasagree with Emil about Gamova and Sokolova intentions. Lyuba is always saying that she wants to be in the NT, as long as she's fit. And Katya is just playing her diversionist tactics, repeating “I'm not thinking about NT, right now my focus is D. Kazan.” But I believe that, in the end, she'll be part of the NT in the summer.

Russia will be enrolled, at least, in 4 official competitions: the Grand Prix, the Euro Olympics at Baku, to be played in the same period, the World Cup and the Euro Championship. Marichev said that the 2 former tournaments will be most importants of the season.

It still wasn't announced in wich competitions each team will play, but I hope that the B-team get involved in the Grand Prix, while the A-team focus on the WC and the Euro. Otherwise, considering that Gamova probably will not want to play in the GP, there will be a real risk of repeating this year's mistake of trying to reshape the team's system in just 3 weeks before the WC, just to fit Gamova in it. So, I think that the A-team could start their preparation at Baku, then have about 45 free days for practicing and playing some friendlys, until the start of the WC and, few weeks later, the Euro.

So here it goes my A-team roster:
    OP: Gamova and Goncha.
    OH: Kosha, Kutyukova (so far, the best player in the SL/2015), Pasynkova and Chaplina (I believe she'll improve along the SL). I woudn't call Sokolova back. But, if she's ready, I believe Marichev will sack Chaplina.
    MB: Morozova, Shlyakhovaya, Orlova and Dianskaya.
    S: Kosyanenko and Startseva.
    L: Kruchyukova and Malova.

The B-team:
    OP: Malykh and Isaeva.
    OH: Bavykina, Voronkova, Ilchenko and Kurilo (Scherban would be an obvious option here, but I find better give a chance to the youngters).
    MB: Zaryazhko, Fetisova, Podskalnaya. For the 4th spot, 2 options: Safonova (I know she's a bit small for today's VB, but she's such a good player. And quite pretty too!), or Enynna (a good prospect from Proton: young, tall and fast. Fot those who still don't know her, she's easy to recognise: has a coloured hair and is full of tatoos).
    S: Novik and Efimova or Serebrianikova (again, I don't think maturer players, like Babeshina or Matienko, would benefit for playing in a B-team).
    L: Ambroskina (one of the revelations of this year SL) and Guskova, if she's not enrolled in the junior team.

• Yurieva's (Hendzel's) case is like Maryukhnich's unfortuantely ;( because of Obmochaeva it's impossible to have them all in one team :(

Abroskina seems to be impressive enough to fight for a spot as L in NT and youngster Guskova should be included here :wavy:
    Maybe I'd add also Shcherban as OH for wide list ^^ with lack of better players she still should find a place.

pity that she didnt choose Poland, there she could play at least by Matlak for 100 % :whistle:

• Come on, You can't rely on the old starts forever. Perhaps Sokolova will be still very helpful in terms of defense and reception since younger Russian OHs still struggle but you can't call someone back for that reason. I don't really like when one coach trusts old players too much. Russian NT became EU champion in 2013 without Gamova and Sokolova and I would like to see that once again! Obmochaeva tends to play very weak when she has Gamova aside her, she's kind of a player who plays better in a leadership position. Perhaps I would call Liuba and Katja for Rio, not for next year.

I forgot to add Scherban but she's not playing well in her club... would Russia still need her? I think Kutiukova or Chaplina is better than her in all aspects. (Pasynkova's spot is pretty obvious) Many of you always mention her playing great in Montreux cup, but it's just a minor cup where youngsters play :rolleyes:

• I like thaat there will be two russian teams. Lots of competitions next year plus the all improtant olympic qualification, so not to make the team tired, aanother team will help. It would be great if both teams could also praactice together as well.

My picks are

A team

S - Startseva, Babeshina, Vetrova as backup.

OPP. Obmochaeva, Gamova (gamova will be in shape next time, so I would put her)

OH: Kosheleva, Kutyukova, Markova, Pasynkova

MB: Yulia Morozova, Anastasia Shylyakhovaya, Irina Zaryazhko,

Libero: Mavola, Victoria Kuzyakina, Ambroskina (backup)

Kruchyukova too hot and cold so far. Kosiyanenko is also too hot and cold right now, especially for Moscow. Vetrova has been doing well in Moscow.

B team

OPP: Malykh, Isaeva.

S: Kosiyanenko (if she doesn't find form), or Novik'

MB: Orlova, Natalia Dianskaya, Moroz (don't really know the other MB's around) Irina Fetisova

OH: Victoria Chaplina, Bavykina

Libero: Guskova, Kruchyukova

If I see other girls will add here.

If A and B team could do a training camp as well, get use to one another, some fro B could go to A if, A team is off form. Scherban is badly off form hence I don't have her in either A or B right now.

• Marchenko is Ukranian not Russian, she doesn't even have Russian citizenship

• Can obmochaeva play in a team while carcasses in b team? OH2 has been a weak position lately and I think a kosheleeva and carcasses tandem is deadly. Malykh and gamova even isaeva is an able replacement of obmochaeva. Stop building the team around gamova and sokolova and startseva. The Montreux and euros squad was looking so promising with great chemistry, but when the trio was given their spots everything went back to square 1.

• Can obmochaeva play in a team while carcasses in b team? OH2 has been a weak position lately and I think a kosheleeva and carcasses tandem is deadly. Malykh and gamova even isaeva is an able replacement of obmochaeva. Stop building the team around gamova and sokolova and startseva. The Montreux and euros squad was looking so promising with great chemistry, but when the trio was given their spots everything went back to square 1.

I think you mean Calderon, not Carcases. Also Rosir hasn't been passing for quite some time now and i don't think she'll be able to be an OH. Another thing is she said that she won't play for Russia so...

• are you sure? If i remember she said in an interview, if she will get the call for NT camp, she will probably go there ...but there´s not a chance I think, only if Obmochaeva will be seriously injured or something like that

• That wasn't an interview, they made it up. WOV had an article where she said it was false and stated that she would not play for any other national team than Cuba.

• My A-team roster:

OP: Gamova - Obmochaeva

OH: Kosheleva - Kutyukova - Pasynkova - Sokolova

MB: Morozova - Shlyakhovaya - Zaryazhko

S: Sheshenina - Startseva.

L: Kruchyukova.

The B-team:

OP: Malykh - Isaeva.

OH: Voronkova - Ilchenko - Kurilo - Bavykina

MB: Fetisova - Podskalnaya - Dianskaya

S: Kosianenko - Novik

L: Malova

No Chaplina, no Moroz, no Perepelkina, no Borodakova and no Scherban.

• Kruchyukova in the A team? have you seen her playing this season? She has been off a lot. Malova is currently the best libero in Russian League. Plus I think it is best they have 2 liberos for each team. Anything can happen.

• As expected, Pankov is the official coach of the Russian B-team for next season: http://rsport.ru/volleyball/20150113/799336444.html

The interesting thing in the article is the division of the tournaments each team will take part:

B-Team: Montreux, Euro Olympics and Games in Korea;
    A-Team: Ieltsin Cup, GP, WCup and the Euro Champ.

IMHO, the KEY question to determine the succes of the A-team is whether Gamova and Sokolova will want to take part in the GP – assuming, of course, that both players are in Marichev plans and also that both want to play in the NT.

The issue is that, between the GP and the WCup there will be only 3 weeks, the exact same lengh of days between the GP and the World championship last year, and that everybody in Russia recognised as too short to prepare a new system with Gamova, and as the ultimate cause for the Russian failure in the World Champioship. Will Marichev and the Russian Fed. repeat the same mistake?

• Pankov? eh

The problem the last time is that people were on breaks as well. Obmochaeva didn't return to the team until late. Gamova definitely returned too late. This season, everyone has to be there from the first tournament. So that they can be in shape with the time the Euro comes around. Which tournament is the qualifying for the Olympics? and what is Euro Olympics?

• Sokolova just announced she'll not play for the NT this year: http://www.russiavolley.com/62…tional-team-in-this-year/

Now lets wonder about the likely compositon of the A team in the OH position this season. Kosheleva, Kutiukova and Pasynkova are certainly in. The doubt is about the fourth spot.

Personaly, I'd take Bavykina. She's performing surprisingly good, specialy in the big games. Against Omichka, for instance, she delivered what I believe to be the best individual performance of the season so far. She's still not there in the reception, but she's improving, and her attack and block are superb.

There's also a chance for Kurilo, but she seems more likely to join the B team, as Pankov recently announced her as part of the 3 OH's to take place in the Russian B team. The other 2 are Ilchenko and Nikolaeva.