Russian NT 2015

• Yeah, I hope so too, their blocking was nearly perfect in 2013. Morozova, Shlyakhoavaya, Kosheleva, Pasynkova and Goncharova, all the membmers were dominant in blocks.

About Nastya - Even if she's ready to play, it's still full of doubts, she hasn't played even a second in this summer. The other three have very clear weakness, definitely not as competitive as american or chinese MBs IMO :( Kosha-Orlova-Goncha triple block would be so scary for the opponents though. I really hope they reuse triple blocks, it was very efficient.

• Yes, Russia's blocking was just too good in 2013 :obey: Emil, do you think Kosheleva will be maximized if she is in the same rotation as Goncharova? I rather have Pasynkova-Orlova-Goncharova so Kosheleva can be option in backrow.. and when Kosha is in front, there's always Goncha at the back court. :box:

• Russiavolley.com Russian World Cup roster

Setter: Ekaterina Kosianenko, Evgeniya Startseva
    Opposite Hitter: Daria Isaeva, Natalia Malykh, Natalia Obmochaeva
    Middle Blocker: Ekaterina Lyubushkina, Ekaterina Orlova, Irina Fetisova, Anastasia Samoilenko
    Outside Hitter: Ksenia Ilchenko, Tatiana Kosheleva, Alexandra Pasynkova, Yana Shcherban
    Libero: Victoria Kuzyakina, Anna Malova

• Yes, Russia's blocking was just too good in 2013 :obey: Emil, do you think Kosheleva will be maximized if she is in the same rotation as Goncharova? I rather have Pasynkova-Orlova-Goncharova so Kosheleva can be option in backrow.. and when Kosha is in front, there's always Goncha at the back court. :box:

Yeah, I'd probably locate Tanya as same location as Natasa, so that opponent blockers will be very confused and struggle finding who to block, besides Sasha Pasynkova has been such a dangerous server recently, it will bring stronger effects when Tanya is in front I think.
    Actually I can't be more satisfied more maybe apart from the MBs. I mean Lyubushkina and Orlova played decent but still not as strong as Morozova and Samoylenko particularly against strong teams like USA or China. For instance Harmotto-Akinradewo duo would be the hardest one to block and defend and none of russian MBs could stop them even more than once.

Superb : Goncharova, Malova. I think they are playing their life season, especially Natasa. Gamova will be jealous of her outstanding form.
    Good : Pasynkova, Kosianenko, Scherban, Isaeva (by far the best player from team B)
    Decent : Lyubushkina, Orlova, Ilchenko
    So so : Fetisova
    Unknown : Kosheleva, Startseva, Kuzyakina
    Injuried players : Samoylenko, Malykh

• If Koshe is not 100% "healthy", if I were Marichev I would use Isaeva as offensive OH. Or maybe Goncha can play as OH and Isaeva as OPP? You wouldn't lose on the passing as there is none in the first place! :lol: Maybe that's the reason Marichev brought 3 OPPS, we'll see.. Also, it would be Interesting if Natasha continues her excellent form in WC, I say they have a chance to compete for that second ticket with China.

• If Koshe is not 100% "healthy", if I were Marichev I would use Isaeva as offensive OH. Or maybe Goncha can play as OH and Isaeva as OPP? You wouldn't lose on the passing as there is none in the first place! :lol: Maybe that's the reason Marichev brought 3 OPPS, we'll see.. Also, it would be Interesting if Natasha continues her excellent form in WC, I say they have a chance to compete for that second ticket with China.

That's a probable solution. But the thing is, if Marichev knows there's a chance Kosheleva won't be fit in time for World Cup, Bavykina should have been included in the team as she is the only capable replacement for Tanya.

• Isaeva is a worse passer than Goncharova, so he'd better let Natasha receive if that role really has to happen. Bavykina and Zaryazhko would have been very helpful for now.

Today vs DOM, I predict a 3-0 match. :D

• thank you. i wish women would stop changing their names… it's hard to keep up…

It's especially harder for Russian women because they have so few first names that are common!

• After Japan's game today, it's very clear Russia's main problem is their MBs. When your team's OHs/Opp have more block points than your MBs it must mean something.. Kosheleva was amazing today, Goncharova was great too but perhaps lacked motivation? If Russia wins against Serbia, they are in a better postion to fight against the USA

• I think Goncharova was just a bit too tired, she played full time yesterday versus Dominican Republic, Kosheleva was the only player with full of energy. Russia's MBs were just terrible, not even worth describing. Orlova is useful only against some slow and high teams, on the other hand her lack of speed brings opposite effect. I know it's meaningless but against a team like Japan, Dianskaya or Podskalnaya could have been well used. Lyubushkina has been such a very bad blocker so far, hopefully she manages to be better.

• Emil, we have the same observations about Orolva! I wonder when Marichev realizes this.. After seeing the stats Natasha was still hitting at 50%, which as you said, is still pretty good seeing as she has been playing since yesterday.. Kosha was at 53%, really impressive considering it's her first "full" match

• Yeah the MB's need to step up big time. I am sure the coach will talk to them. Obmochaeva was probably a bit tired. She played the entire game yesterday and had the most swings so I am sure she is happy that Kosheleva is back to help take some of the load, especially since the Mb's are worthless and at times the OH's are not consistent

• Emil, we have the same observations about Orolva! I wonder when Marichev realizes this.. After seeing the stats Natasha was still hitting at 50%, which as you said, is still pretty good seeing as she has been playing since yesterday.. Kosha was at 53%, really impressive considering it's her first "full" match

Exactly. Without Kosheleva they wouldn't have won at all, more like 0-3 loss.

I don't frankly understand Marichev's some decisions like Zaryazhko getting rid of the roster whereas Orlova remains, Biryukova and E.Efimova traveling with team A while Bavykina, Zaryazhko and perhaps Pisarenko wasting their time in team B. (wasting is not the right word for it, but remember they played in universiade in stead of WGP :aww: )

It's great anyway because they can rest tomorrow as they will play versus Kenya. Startseva, Malykh, Pasynkova, Ilchenko, Fetisova, Kuzyakina and one of the MBs will play. Kosianenko is just worn out, she has no energy anymore especially if we consider how good she was in digging.

Pity such a tall player like Orlova can't kill a ball...

• For the game against Kenya, I'd like to see Isaeva over Malykh. She seems to be in a much better shape and besides, her serves would be fun to watch.

Against Japan earlier today, it was great to see Kosheleva back with her powerful spikes. She certainly adds a lot of firepower to the team. Putting her as non-receiving OH, though, was a risky move by Marichev as it put a lot of receiving pressure on Malova and Shcherban. Speaking of Shcherban, she was brilliant today although she made some errors towards the last part of the game. If she could keep her consistency, she could earn her place as a starter.