Russian NT 2015

• Kseniia Ilchenko is the new star. She is de oficcial substitute of Sokolova in Russia team. Reception, defense and strong atacker.

• I didn't really expect Sokolov back, not sure who will be the 4th. I didn't know that Pankov already mentioned the OH's who will be on the B team, you have a link to that?

• RODSCANHOTO: I totally agree about Ilchenko's tallent. I just think that it may be still a bit too soon for her in the first NT. But, who knows, last year Fetisova was part of the NT in similar circumstances, just after her first year in the SL. So, I believe that Ilchenko is also a potential candidate.

MONY: the link to Pankov's interview: http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/reviews/53260/

BTW, Sokolova's decision let me wondering about Gamova. Will she be part of the NT this year, or will she follow Lyuba, and preserve herself to join the team only in the olympics?

RODSCANHOTO: I totally agree about Ilchenko's tallent. I just think that it may be still a bit too soon for her in the first NT. But, who knows, last year Fetisova was part of the NT in similar circumstances, just after her first year in the SL. So, I believe that Ilchenko is also a potential candidate.

MONY: the link to Pankov's interview: http://volleyball.sport-express.ru/reviews/53260/

BTW, Sokolova's decision let me wondering about Gamova. Will she be part of the NT this year, or will she follow Lyuba, and preserve herself to join the team only in the olympics?

I really like the way they play Ilchenko.

As Sokolova became a world-class player, this happened because from an early age she began to play as a starter in the first team of Russia. With 21 years it already owned and make of serve reception. And with its 25, 26 reached its top in the 2006 World Championship.

I wish the same to happen with Ilchenko, the team A, playing early, because it has only 20 years, and that in their 25, 26, became a reference player in attack, defense, and reception, as Sokolova.

In the Russian volleyball TODAY, no other player with this ability.

• Sokolova is always willing to help the national team, but as she said in the interview, she needs rest after a long club season and she does not have time to reach her peak form to play in the World Cup. Actually, have the Russian Volleyball Federation ever considered ending the competitions of the Super Leagues a bit earlier so that the players can have more time to rest and prepare for the three major competitons?

With the absence of Sokolova, I believe Kosheleva and Kutyukova are very likely to be the outside hitters in the starting six in Team A. The fucntion of Kutyukova in the team is kind of similar to Makhno before, not tall but receiving solidly and spiking with power. As for the third and fourth OH, Pasynkova is a good choice, but she has been on the bench in Krasnodar, so her form is in question. Markova is in great shape this year so she has a good chance to secure a spot. Personally I think Kurilo deserves a spot too as she receives quite well and she really goes for her spikes, not just trying to place them or tip them.

Apart from the outside hitters, how about the candidates for players in other positions? Lets share our views.

• Apart from the outside hitters, how about the candidates for players in other positions? Lets share our views.

Goncharova is in pretty good shape so naturally i think 1st OPP should be her no question.. I'm not too familiar with how the MBs are currently playing.. how is Morozova? Shlayakovaya? With regards to the setter, based from your posts Startseva might be first choice this year for Russian A team..

• That link is about the match Dinamo Krasnodar 3x2 Uralochka in this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-z-Y3rXag&

Kseniia Ilchenko is a monster. 24 points.

Reception perfect, and atacker very strong. 20 years only.

The Coach of Russia Pankov declared the names of some players who will join the national team B, as Kurilo, Ilchenko, Nikolaeva ... and I have seen the game of them all. At least so far, none has proved so important when Ilchenko. I even think that if she played today at Dinamo Kazan instead of Nikolaeva, the attack and serve reception would be much better and win the Vakifbank.

Im a Ilchenko fan :super:

• I agree with you that Goncharova is in really good shape. Apart from her height and power, she is more steady now and her winning spike percentage is like 45% or more in every match. If Gamova does not join the national team, she is the first OPP for sure.

As for the middle blockers, Morozova scores less this season, it has something to do with the setters as she spiked only like five times in a five-set match. Shlyakhovaya is mostly on the bench this season, so she is not in her peak form. Orlova has been fantastic, she does well in spikes and blocks, and she played as OPP in some matches, she can definitely secure a spot in Team A and even in starting six. Fetisova scores more in blocks than spikes, if the coach wants a blocking MB, then it is likely to see her again the starting six. Zaryazhko is in good shape, she had a record-breaking 13 block points in one match. Podskalnaya does not play as a starting six player in every match as there are many MBs in her team Krasnodar, she plays well in slide attack and blocks. So, the above six players will fight for four spots in the national team this year.

• Marichev has just declared that we'll see new faces in the NT this year: http://www.championat.com/voll…-rossii-tochno-budut.html

My 2 bets - and hopes - are Orlova and Kurilo.

I also agree with USAvfan about Dianskaya. She just not only deserve to return to the NT, as she also is, IMHO, the best player in Krasnodar this season.

Rodscanhoto: I share your enthusiasm with Ilchenko. I also find her a great tallent. But I'm afraid you're overestimating a bit her skills in the back row. She's still quite unstable in reception and defense, but once she improves in these elements - and she has everything to do so - she'll be top.

• I saw that, I would expect new faces in the team. Some of them who were in last NT are having some poor season. I would think Omsk's setter might be there instead of Kosienko (at least for the 1st team)

• I think Ekaterina Lyubushkina(Bogacheva) also deserves a spot in NT this year, she's playing very well in Busto Arsizio.

Morozova : Not playing her best in Moscow, but still one of the best.
    Shlyakhovaya : She's not fit yet either, needs more time to recover from her old injuries.
    Dianskaya : Playing well in Krasnodar, most likely we would see her.
    Zaryazhko : Playing well.
    Podskalnaya : Did she even play a starter this year?
    Fetisova : Perhaps the best one among the roster in terms of blocks, we shouldn't forget that she's only 21 yo.

I don't think Regina Moroz will be invited...

• I agree about Lyubushkina.. she is a good attacker, but a good blocker too..
    Morozova is so so this season, she's not so great blocking.. i wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't in NT
    Nastaya S.- as much as i like her she has played so few games this season, so I don't think she is ready.. But maybe she will get into some form in NT camp
    Dianskaya - she has been played really well, her last games are not so good, but her overall performance is good.. Fabiola is not giving her many balls but she is killing what she gets
    Zaryazhko - haven't watched her this season much
    Podskalnaya - yes she did play as a starter and was good, not great but solid.. I don't think she'll be in NT
    Fetisova - she is a blocking machine, but has to improve in attack.. We will probably see her in NT

I think Orlova should be invited too.. she is a good blocker

So my picks are Dianskaya, Fetisova, Morozova, Lutbushkina/Orlova (they have to show themselves on the international scene)

• I think Russia's MBs are really that "extra factor", say unlike the wing spikes, who score heavily and is the centerpoint for Russia's offense. I really don't think Russia will ever require a MB who is tasked to score a lot of points (at least not compared to the OHs). Russia is not like, say brazil, where the middles are everything, and in fact, the exact opposite. Having said that, I think Morozova should be one of the starters for NT. I disagree that she is not a good defender, she is actually good blocker, great even. She might not be doing as good now in Moscow, but she is still definitely one of the best MBs Russia has today.

• I think Russia's MBs are really that "extra factor", say unlike the wing spikes, who score heavily and is the centerpoint for Russia's offense. I really don't think Russia will ever require a MB who is tasked to score a lot of points (at least not compared to the OHs). Russia is not like, say brazil, where the middles are everything, and in fact, the exact opposite. Having said that, I think Morozova should be one of the starters for NT. I disagree that she is not a good defender, she is actually good blocker, great even. She might not be doing as good now in Moscow, but she is still definitely one of the best MBs Russia has today.

Well Moozova is by far my favorite from all the MBs but lets be honest she is not performing as she can.. Nobody is expevting her to score, she never was a good scorer, but she is not even blocking that well.. However i do think she should be in NT. I hope she will

• Well Moozova is by far my favorite from all the MBs but lets be honest she is not performing as she can.. Nobody is expevting her to score, she never was a good scorer, but she is not even blocking that well.. However i do think she should be in NT. I hope she will

Last great scoring MB Russia had on international scene was Titchenko. From a LONG time ago. How do you think Borodakova made it through the team for so many years :lol:

• Last great scoring MB Russia had on international scene was Titchenko. From a LONG time ago. How do you think Borodakova made it through the team for so many years :lol:

in terms of scoring Alimova was not that bad too :)