Russian NT 2015

• or can fail in reception in the set point for opponent

Exactly and her reception was awful last season. I have a great respect for Sokolova and what she has done, but I think some people are just talking about her, not having watched her the last couple seasons. Unless she shows an improvement this season, she doesn't belong in the team. She hasn't played at a high level for a while now.

• Sokolova, Pasynkova and Scherban have the same level of reception but Sokolova is the most experienced and has the strongest nerves from Them so She should be with the Team in Rio.

• Scherban is best attacker and She has better reception than Sokolova right now.

• Sokolova, Pasynkova and Scherban have the same level of reception but Sokolova is the most experienced and has the strongest nerves from Them so She should be with the Team in Rio.

Pasynkova's reception was not good. If Scherban has the same reception as Sokolova does right now, then Scherban should not go to Rio either. Sokolova's reception was not good last year, simple as that. If she improves this year then we can talk about her maybe being on the wide list for Rio, but she hasn't played at a high level like Gamova the past few years.

• Natalia Goncharova (Obmochaeva) calls her retirement from volleyball to instead convert to maintain a career in the movie industry. Everything according to the source provided under this message. This claim/rumor was indirect confirmed by Natalia herself in person through a RT (retweet) from her personal account. Nothing official so far though. Either its a very weird joke, or a substantial blow for russian volleyball.

https://twitter.com/photovolley/status/652622280892239872

I don't think this rumor is true. I read an interview with Natasha from a Brazilian journalist after the conclusion of WGP this year. She was asked if she any offers outside volleyball and she confirmed she does modeling on the side but not anything serious to affect her volleyball career. Natasha seems to be a shy person, I would be surprised if she considered the movie industry. At the very least, she should win Olympic gold next year before she thinks about changing careers :wavy:

• What kind of a joke is that? Natasha was even in Moscow's team photo shoot yesterday.

• I highly doubt that. She will continue to play volleyball for the next few years. After that, no one knows, but as Emil said, she was just in Moscow's team photoshoot and getting some awards.

• Marina Nikulina Pankova, 1988 Olympic champion, wife of Vadim Pankov and mother of Ekaterina Pankova Kosianenko and Pavel Pankov, died with just 52 years ;(
    According to the news the cause of death is not revealed yet, but if I remember correctly she had cancer some years ago already...

• Marina Nikulina Pankova, 1988 Olympic champion, wife of Vadim Pankov and mother of Ekaterina Pankova Kosianenko and Pavel Pankov, died with just 52 years ;(
    According to the news the cause of death is not revealed yet, but if I remember correctly she had cancer some years ago already...

That's sad, my condolences.

• but wasn't the first Russian Libero the one who played in Athens '04?

nope...it was in 1996 world grand prix....i think they are testing back then the libero setup......the libero uniform back they wear a black vest on the top of their uniform with
    a letter big L..at the back..and nikulina wore that in one of the leg in the world grand prix...