Italian NT 2015

• :dance6: :dance6: :dance6: -Bonitta call to come 2015 :dance6: :dance6: :dance6:

OH : Piccinini / Costragrande / Del Core / L.Bosetti / Tirozzi / Egonu / Fiorin / Di Iulio / Sorokaite (also OPP) / Loda / C.Bosetti

OPP : Centoni / Diouf / Ortolani(also OH) / Zago

MB : Gioli / Barazza / Arrighetti / Folie / Chirichella / Bonifacio / Melandri

S : Lo Bianco / Ferretti / Signorile / Malinov / Rondon

L : Merlo / De Gennaro / Cardullo / Leonardi / Siressi

• My Italy NT 2015:

OH: Piccinini - Del Core - L.Bosetti - C.Bosetti

OPP: Centoni - Diouf - Ortolani

MB: Gioli - Barazza - Arrighetti - Chirichella

S: Lo Bianco - Rondon

L: Merlo

• Italy 2015 for euro championship 2015

OH : Piccinini (C) / Costragrande / Del Core / L.Bosetti / Tirozzi / Egonu / Fiorin / Di Iulio / Sorokaite (also OPP) / Loda / C.Bosetti

OPP : Centoni / Diouf / Ortolani(also OH) / Zago

MB : Gioli / Barazza / Arrighetti / Folie / Chirichella / Bonifacio / Melandri

S : Lo Bianco / Ferretti / Signorile / Malinov / Rondon

L : Merlo / De Gennaro / Cardullo / Leonardi / Siressi

• These players can be invited to NT camp this year...

S : Francesca Ferretti, Giulia Rondon, Noemi Signorile, Letizia Camera, Ofelia Malinov
    OPPs : Valentina Diouf, Marika Biancchini, Indre Sorokaite
    MBs : Martina Guiggi, Valentina Arrighetti, Raphaela Folie, Giulia Pisani, Floriana Bertone, Cristina Chirichella
    OHs : Chiara Di Iulio, Valentina Tirozzi, Lucia Bosetti, Sara Loda, Alessia Gennari, Caterina Bosetti
    Liberos : Monica De Gennaro, Enrica Merlo, Immacolata Sirressi

• 25 of Italy 2015

OH : Piccinini(C) / Del Core / L.Bosetti / Tirozzi / Egonu / Sorokaite / Loda / C.Bosetti / Di Iulio

OPP : Centoni / Diouf / Ortolani / Biancchini

MB : Arrighetti / Folie / Chirichella / Bonifacio / Melandri / Guiggi

S : Ferretti / Signorile / Malinov

L : Merlo / De Gennaro / Leonardi

• I don't think there is a chance to see Di Iulio, Ortolani, Guiggi and Camera this summer in NT.
    I think Bonitta will rely on younger MBs like Folie, Chirichella, Bonifacio, Melandri and Pisani (Arrighetti?).
    As for the OPP we might see again the duo Diouf-Centoni, but also Zago and Bianchini definitely deserve a call (Zago is doing great now at Le Cannet).
    As OH we will have Bosetti sisters, Gennari and Loda + probably some more offensive ones like Sorokaite and Sylla... maybe Egonu, although she is still in the youth team. Tirozzi could be an option too after the great season she had.
    I'm not sure about Del Core and Piccinini, they are 35 and 36 years old and may want to rest this summer.

• you guys think Pisani could play in high level in the NT? I find her so small and she doesn't jump that much
    I'm not saying she is a bad player, it's just something that came in my mind

• you guys think Pisani could play in high level in the NT? I find her so small and she doesn't jump that much
    I'm not saying she is a bad player, it's just something that came in my mind

I'm afraid to say no. We saw the difference in the Champions League final between her and a tall MB like Michel. She has amazing skills as blocker, but she's too short. I like her very much though.

• Bonitta released an interview in February saying that he will call two different groups of athletes this summer: one group made by the youngest and less experienced players for Baku and Montreaux, the other one, made by those players with more experience for the Grand Prix and the Europeans. He also didn't "close the door" to the oldest athletes (as it seemed after the World Championship) and, to a direct question, he answered that Lo Bianco can reach Rio 2016 (that's why I think she will be called again this season).

Source

About Ortolani and Guiggi, I think they deserve the NT, they are doing a good season so far 8)

• Marco Bonitta has announced the 19 players for Montreux volley cup.

S : Noemi Signorile, Giulia Rondon, Ofelia Malinov, Letizia Camera
    Attackers : Alessia Gennari, Caterina Chiara Bosetti, Indre Sorokaite, Miriam Sylla, Paola Egonu, Sara Loda, Benedetta Mambelli, Anastasia Guerra
    MBs : Raphaela Folie, Raffaella Calloni, Valentina Arrighetti, Giulia Pisani, Beatrice Berti
    Liberos : Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrochiale

We will see some new names from Serie A2 or B1. Would be pretty interesting. Calloni finally made it to NT roster but Im sort of doubtful she's going to accept this invitation.

Diouf and Chirichella seem to want to take a little break and wont be playing this tournament.

• Its not very common in italy for players to refuse invitations after the names are released, usually the coaches talk previously with players, so I imagine she already accepted....though of course this is not an official list yet.

Its pretty clear Bonitta will use Montreux thinking about the future, with few experienced players to lead the team. Probably he think Diouf, Chirichella and bonifacio for example to be with first team already.....so they can join other tournaments.

I do miss Melandri name here, she did a very good season...so dont know if also think her in first group, dont know...would be a pitty for her to stay completely out of NT imo. At least I think she could be here, in this one...to gain experience.

• Also young Anna Danesi (196 cm 1996), who plays in Club Italia is out instea Beatrice Berti is in, weird because I think Danesi is a promising player for the future.

• Bonitta surprised me (it's not the first time to be honest :D ), I expected a young team but this one is balanced. Now I'm curious to see his list for Baku Games, if he keeps the same roster or he chooses again a balanced team with new young and new experienced players ?(

• ITALY For WGP 2015

S : Noemi Signorile, Francesca Ferretti, Ofelia Malinov,

Attackers :Antonella Del Core, Valentina Tirozzi, Lucia Bosetti, Sara Loda

Opposite : Valentina Diouf, Paola Egonu

MBs : Raphaela Folie, Valentina Arrighetti, Giulia Pisani, Cristina Chirichella

Liberos : Monica De Gennaro

• Calloni finally made it to NT roster but Im sort of doubtful she's going to accept this invitation.

I think she will come...at least judging from her post on Facebook and from her personality, I think she will some, even for some minor tournaments! I'm really happy for her, it is a great achievement and a bit unexpected maybe, for her age and for the bad injury she had last season. But go Raffa :super:

• Is this one half of an assorted 40-man roster? Otherwise, I don't get the criteria.
    Gennari :thumbsup: but no Tirozzi :down: ... Loda :thumbsup: and Mambelli too ?( ... and so on.

Calloni! Totally deserved reward for a great unsung career. At 32 years old, she recovered from an achilles tendon injury and re-established herself as one of the best middles.