• What do you guys think about Rachel Adams? She was ther last year in the WCH, now this year it looks like that Gibby took her place in the first squad. Both had a really great season in Italy, so what are the reasons for this change, according to you? To me they are both so strong, and the choice would be really though as there are plenty of really good MBs!

If there is no injury, I think it is because Adams is error-prone both in serving and in spiking. She is an awesome blocker I think even better than Akinradewo but she makes quite a lot of unforced errors. This is only based on my observation though.

Gibbemeyer on the other hand is very solid. Not flashy but very reliable. Gibbemeyer is also a good server.

• If there is no injury, I think it is because Adams is error-prone both in serving and in spiking. She is an awesome blocker I think even better than Akinradewo but she makes quite a lot of unforced errors. This is only based on my observation though.

Gibbemeyer on the other hand is very solid. Not flashy but very reliable. Gibbemeyer is also a good server.

Thanks for the answer :) so Gibby fits better in the actual US system, based also on few mistakes...

• I don't think Gibby is there because she is better. She is obviously the 4th MB right now.. Rachael made the cut in the WCH because of her great blocking, right now she is second best MB in the USA, behind Harmotto. Rachael is much better in front of the setter, than on the slide, but as we have all noticed Alisha loves setting the slide, and rarely uses the set in front. That has been a problem for Rachael and she has worked a lot on it.. once she developed a solid slide she made the cut.. Lauren was out. Gibby is a solid blocker, better attacker I must say.. And USA right now with his system doesn't USA MBs much (kreklow started to though) so her block was more important than Gibby's slide. Another thing Rachael had is her error prone serve, she has a very dangerous serve but does miss it quite a lot and she also has been working on it. Gibby has a good serve, not so hard but good. Rachael had a minor injury and wasn't supposed to play in the Pan Am Games. Then Ajanaku got injured and there were 3 middles left.. Rachael was on bench but then they figured out she could play and played great till the end.. In the meanwhile I think the wild roster for the WC had to be made and Jackson was there instead of Rachael. So I think if both Rachael and Gibby were available Rachael would have been there

• Alexis Crimes also had a very good season in Turkish league, she was the one of the most consistent MB in the league. It is a pity that there are already so many good MBs in USA NT that great players such as Adams, Crimes or Jackson can not play. :thumbdown:

• from the little i have seen of jackson, i thought she was a very decisive attacker when she gets a set she likes, she tends to slam it down and there's no defense. however, it doesn't seem to be all the time that she likes the set and can do that.

• Coach Kiraly has announced official roster for Norceca continental championship.

S : Glass, Kreklow
    OPP : Fawcett, Lowe
    OH : Larson-Burbach, Robinson, Vansant, Hodge-Easy
    MB : Gibbemeyer, Akinradewo, Dixon, Adams
    L : Banwarth, N.Hagglund

Hill, Harmotto-Dzieten out, Adams and Vansant in.

• I hope that Carli Lloyd will be noticed by Karch. Of all American setters, she has the best record in professional league. Her connection with Nicole Fawcette is perfect and she suits the double substitution than Kreklow. She can also block as if she is a mb!

• I hope that Carli Lloyd will be noticed by Karch. Of all American setters, she has the best record in professional league. Her connection with Nicole Fawcette is perfect and she suits the double substitution than Kreklow. She can also block as if she is a mb!

I really hope so too but I think that's very unlikely going to happen. Carli is too good not to be noticed, despite playing great at her club, winning MVP award, having good connections with attackers and everything she hasn't given enough chances to present herself, which is quite unfair.

Lloyd has not being called by Kiraly in this qualification tournament. She will train with Pomì from tomorrow.

So true! She's probably the most complete setter in the world. Great blocker and digger too :super:

• Carli can't deliver what Karch is asking, and that is the super fast sets. She has been in the gym enough and I suppose It's not working. She got to play the Pan Am Games and won MVP, did great there... But she wasn't setting super fast as Karch wants the A team to be set... So it's very unlikely to see her IMO, both Thompson and Kreklow do better with fast sets

• Based on photos posted in USA Volleyball Facebook, the players currently training in Anaheim are:

S: Glass, Kreklow, Thompson
    OPP: Fawcett, Lowe, Murphy
    OH: Easy, Hildebrand, Hill, Larson-Burbach, Robinson, Vansant
    MB: Adams, Akinradewo, Dietzen, Dixon, Gibbemeyer, Paolini
    L: Banwarth, Hagglund

• Miyashiro had knee surgery some weeks ago for the injury she got in summer which was the reason she did not join her club team, so I'd be very surprised if she's training with NT now :what:
    Maybe she is doing rehab there, but I don't think she can play right now...

EDIT Just checked the pics and saw her there indeed, but she doesn't seem to wear training clothes and participate in the practice. Stacy Sykora is in the background of one of the photos too :win:

• Miyashiro had knee surgery some weeks ago for the injury she got in summer which was the reason she did not join her club team, so I'd be very surprised if she's training with NT now :what:
    Maybe she is doing rehab there, but I don't think she can play right now...

EDIT Just checked the pics and saw her there indeed, but she doesn't seem to wear training clothes and participate in the practice. Stacy Sykora is in the background of one of the photos too :win:

Thanks! I didn't know about her situation.

• Final roster for NORCECA Women’s Olympic Qualification Tournament

S: Glass, Thompson
    OPP: Fawcett, Lowe
    OH: Easy, Hill, Larson-Burbach, Robinson
    MB: Adams, Akinradewo, Dietzen, Dixon
    L: Banwarth, Hagglund

Kreklow had a minor injury at the training.

All games but the final match (live on NBC Sports) will be streamed online.