2015 / 2016 Transfer News

• Greek S Lamprini Konstantinidou transferred from West Virginia to Texas Christian University (TCU). Due to league rules, she will have to sit out this season but will have three more years of eligibility in the NCAA.

Source: TCU Website

• Probably Fabiana will renew too..

yep... Jaque and Fabiana 7 points each one.

Rumours for SESI in the next season:
    Jaque/Ellen Braga( from Pinheiros)
    Fabiana/Bia
    Carol( from São Caetano) /Andreia ( from Rio)
    Suelle

Bia, Suelle and Jaque are confirmed. I think that if SESI hired a better Opp will be a very good Team.

Quoted from "Sidney"

She is a 7 point player right? What will happen with Fabiana? Will she stay? If yes then SESI has its two 7 point players.

• NCAA Signings/Transfers

Estonian OH, Kadi Kullerkann signed with Pittsburgh University of her final year of NCAA eligibility.

Source: Pittsburgh University Volleyball

Georgia Tech University signed Belarusian OH Anna Kavalchuk and Brazilian L/OH Hellen Lacava.

Source: Georgia Tech University

Dutch OH and S Annelies Dokter and Dorien Den Otter signed with Winthrop University of two and three years respectively.

Source: Wintrhop University

German OPP
    Vera Horstmann transferred to Appalachian State for two years.

Source: Appalachian State Volleyball

• Andreia and Ellen have been officially signed and Suellen and Bia renewed

• I read Kovo did this week a tryout in Anahein, in the States, to select players for next season...but I honestly couldnt understand well how it worked. Are these players signing for next season to play? Did Kovo changed the foreigner system? Or what?

If anyone understands, please... :)

http://www.kovo.co.kr/news/610…um=16692&page=1&sch=&scw=

• I remember awhile back there was a report that the Korean League wanted to reduce the dependency on foreign players' offense, recruit younger foreign players who had less experience to even the playing field and incorporate a salary cap. Most of the top record scorers have been coming from Korea as a result of the over dependency on foreigners. Based off the release, it looks like they held a tryout in the USANT facility to select the foreign athletes for next year. Athletes had to be a maximum age of 25 years old and with less than three years of professional experience. From the tryout the players were given a ranking from 1-3 and 4-6. Players ranked 1-3 were eligible for $150,000 salary where as 4-6 players would make $120,000. Selected athletes would only be allowed to renew their contract for one additional year. It appears that the tryout was limited to American players.

In theory, it sounds good and by limiting the age and experience the skill level of the foreign players will definitely be lower than the current athletes that has passed through Korea as of late who are established pro players but the over dependency on foreign athletes for offense will continue to be an issue.

Hayley Spelman, Leslie Cikra and Liz McMahon are all traditional position 2 players.
    Taylor Simpson and Emily Hartong are position 4 players (whom I think have NT ability for the USA).
    Khat Bell is a position 3/2 player who could play either position well.

It will be interesting to see how this works out next year.

• I found the order of selection very curious. I would have taken Simpson or Bell first, then Hartong, then McMahon.

• Yes, due to the rule change they all had to leave, no matter their intentions. The purpose of getting the tray-out sounds ridiculous though.

I think none of those six players is going to make over 50 points, considering it's pretty common to depend on the foreign player in Korean league...Vasileva, Montano, Fawcett, Silva and De la Cruz already have done that in the past.

Spelman was a disaster in Italy throughout whole season, sometimes played decent matches, mostly not, I have no clue how she will play in Korea. Both Emily Hartong and Taylor Simpson seem to be promising ones, let's see how they settle down over there.

• Japanese L Yuko Sano retired according to WOV .