• Congratulations to Manon & Reinder :flower: :flower:

My roster for Ankara:

Opp: Sloetjes

OH: Plak, Buijs, Grothues, Pietersen, Knip

MB: Beliën, De Kruijf, Steenbergen

L: Stam, Schoot

S: Dijkema, Stoltenborg, Bongaerts

• Congratulations to them :)

I don't think Guidetti will add someone new to the team now, so probably he will take the ECH team minus Flier plus Koolhas, even though she is useless. There also is the question if Schoot will be ready to play...her surgery was successful and the recovery goes well, but still it's hard to imagine she could play a full tournament in 4 weeks. Maybe Stam and Knip will be the real liberos and Schoot reception sub. The question is who will be backup OPP for double sub, Plak or Pietersen...

• Congratulations to them :)

I don't think Guidetti will add someone new to the team now, so probably he will take the ECH team minus Flier plus Koolhas, even though she is useless. There also is the question if Schoot will be ready to play...her surgery was successful and the recovery goes well, but still it's hard to imagine she could play a full tournament in 4 weeks. Maybe Stam and Knip will be the real liberos and Schoot reception sub. The question is who will be backup OPP for double sub, Plak or Pietersen...

Why taking a useless player to the tournament ?? :D I would opt for Bongaerts :)

I agree about Schoot-Stam-Knip...

I think Plak will be double sub, since she has more height and power than Pietersen.

• Of course Plak. Pietersen should be used as OH in case either Grothues or Buijs doesn't play well or even screws the match.

I agree with Sander, Koolhas is completely useless and I would probably take another OH like Kim Renkema.

• I think Plak will be double sub, since she has more height and power than Pietersen.

Though Pietersen is a much smarter attacker and more versatile. I remember the video where Guidetti critisized Plak's hitting approach and told her that, she hits well to zone 5 and 6 but she will never be able to hit to zone 1 with her arm swing. I'm sure she worked on that during the time and hopefully can hit all around the court now. For Pietersen, I agree with the later comments, she should definitely be used as OH.

• According to Rocheville Le Cannet, Debby Stam has an abdominal muscle tear. That might put her participation in OQT in question IMO, it's a very nasty injury that usually bothers athletes a lot and is risky when not fully cured.

Myrthe Schoot practised with the ball for the first time this week, but still is far from being able to play a full match, let alone a full tournament. I guess she'll be OK for January but being full-time libero for NT then might be too much. Looks like it's Kirsten Knip's time to shine...

• According to Rocheville Le Cannet, Debby Stam has an abdominal muscle tear. That might put her participation in OQT in question IMO, it's a very nasty injury that usually bothers athletes a lot and is risky when not fully cured.

Myrthe Schoot practised with the ball for the first time this week, but still is far from being able to play a full match, let alone a full tournament. I guess she'll be OK for January but being full-time libero for NT then might be too much. Looks like it's Kirsten Knip's time to shine...

:S :whistle: :roll:

Debby was a very important player during the ECH....both in reception and defense....

Both Stam and Flier were very important for the mental stability of the team, because of their great experience...

Would be really unlucky if both would not be available...and indeed, Schoot....

Knip has no experience at international level at all...

• Wasn't she NT libero in 2013 ECH?
    Her performance in Vilsbiburg is pretty good though, I don't think she would be a big weakness if she's going to be 1st libero in OQT.

You are right, she was...but she played horrible...maybe that's the reason I forgot it...

I'm not confident about her at all...she didn't prove international level yet..Bundesliga-level is totally different from Ankara-level...

• http://nos.nl/artikel/2076394-…en-missie-in-turkije.html

A short tv-report about Dutch Vakifbank-trio and of course Guidetti :win:

Buijs says the adaptation to the traffic in Istanbul was not that hard, though it is totally different, because there are no rules.. :D :D just do like the others. It will be much harder to obey the rules again when she returns to Dutch traffic. :dance6:

• Guidetti will wait as long as possible, anouncing the roster...

• Today, 2nd friendly:

NED 3-1 BEL (15-25, 25-17, 25-22, 25-23).

Belgium served really strong...especially Leys.

http://www.volleybal.nl/volley…pnieuw-sterker-dan-belgie

Ingrid Visser Awards 2015 (Best Dutch players of the year)

Best female player: Lonneke Sloetjes

Best male player: Reinder Nummerdor

Talent of the Year : Nika Daalderop

• Nice to see that Schoot already can play, she told her club that the recovery goes very well and the knee is better day by day but still I didn't expect her on court so soon :win:

It's a big surprise, both Stam and SChoot are healthy...big releif as well...but, even with them Dutch team gets into trouble in reception against very strong serving teams like Belgium and (in Ankara) Germany and Turkey. Luckily there are some hitters who can score high balls.

• Very nice interview with Maret Balkestein. She's talking about her hopes for playing in Rio. :heart:

Despite the loss to Russian federation in the ECH in October, they were content to grab silver and they believe that they were able to measure to be one of the european leaders.

http://nos.nl/artikel/2077953-…teen-knallen-in-2016.html