Germany NT 2015

• Barbolini is great as club coach. His career talks in his place. He won everything.

He's bad a selector for a NT. Expecially beacuse players can overcome his position easily.

• Barbolini is great as club coach. His career talks in his place. He won everything.

He's bad a selector for a NT. Expecially beacuse players can overcome his position easily.

He did pretty bad job as club coach in Galatasaray :rolleyes:

• He did pretty bad job as club coach in Galatasaray :rolleyes:

Yes, of course, beacuse he had to build himself the team, with the few local players left by Fener, Eczacibasi and Vakif... Look how well Casalmaggiore is doing just having a balanced team with only one world class player, who's not in her best shape yet (or anymore)... :win:

• From what I read about him, I know that both in Galatasaray and in the NT, girls really liked Barbolini. He seems to be a nice person. His trainings are not that efficient but he is a good coach during the games, gives good advices.
    The boring part with Barbolini is, he chooses a starting six and keeps them on court no matter what. He had good alternatives both in Galatasaray and Turkish NT but rarely used them.

• The boring part with Barbolini is, he chooses a starting six and keeps them on court no matter what. He had good alternatives both in Galatasaray and Turkish NT but rarely used them.

That wouldn't be a problem in Germany, usually there is no spectacular bench.

Latest news is that there might be a solution with 3 coaches from German league (Felix Koslowski, Alex Waibl, Andi Vollmer) leading the team in January, which I find difficult to imagine. Looks like Tore Aleksandersen and Teun Buijs also applied for the job, just as Axel Büring did. DVV will talk to the candidates next weekend and probably make a decision in a meeting on 11 November.

• Felix Koslowski will be head coach in Ankara with Andi Vollmer as assistant. No Alex Waibl...
    Bye bye last small chance for Rio :wavy:

Don't be worry. :!:
    In my opinion there is so little time for the preparation that even the best coach probably wouldn't make the difference. And this affects all the participating teams. I think that this tournament will be a lottery. The players' shape will be built in the clubs and we will see what the coaches are able to do with the team in 2 weeks. :whistle:

• News from Dresden: DVV offered Alex Waibl a job as assistant of Felix Koslowski after initially telling him they'd want him and Koslowski both as head coaches, so Waibl refused and will concentrate on his work in Dresden.

I really don't understand this. Alex Waibl is the most successful coach in Bundesliga and every year manages to create a successful team in Dresden, while the only achievement Felix Koslowski can present is having been Guidetti's assistant for years. Waibl most certainly isn't the most popular or likeable coach but his results speak in his favour and I think he never had any problems with his players in Dresden, it's mainly the opponents and their fans who don't like him...

• News from Dresden: DVV offered Alex Waibl a job as assistant of Felix Koslowski after initially telling him they'd want him and Koslowski both as head coaches, so Waibl refused and will concentrate on his work in Dresden.

I really don't understand this. Alex Waibl is the most successful coach in Bundesliga and every year manages to create a successful team in Dresden, while the only achievement Felix Koslowski can present is having been Guidetti's assistant for years. Waibl most certainly isn't the most popular or likeable coach but his results speak in his favour and I think he never had any problems with his players in Dresden, it's mainly the opponents and their fans who don't like him...

Guidetti's replacement is Guidetti's assistant, smart decision DVV :wall: Being Guidetti's assistant is the most crucial thing apparenty, it directly gives you a position as NT coach (First Ferhat and now Koslowski) Who else was Guidetti's assistan previously? :lol:

• 2nd assistant coach will be Christian Sossenheimer from Wiesbaden who worked there with Andi Vollmer for many years. Koslowski wants to keep Riccardo Boieri as scout and wants to add another assistant with whom he worked in Suhl and one of his assistants from Schwerin.

Why don't we just run the team without any headcoach and only with assistants? :roll:

• German 22 players for Ankara:

S: Weiss, Apitz, Hanke, Imoudu
    OPP: Kozuch, Lippmann
    OH: Beier, Brinker, Geerties, Weihenmaier, Stigrot, Poll, Izquierdo
    MB: Ssuschke-Voigt, Fürst, Brandt, Silge, Pettke, Kauffeldt
    L: Thomsen, Dürr, Völker

No Saskia Hippe even though she is playing well in Potsdam :what: I wonder if she is done with NT after also leaving early in summer. Louisa Lippmann who also left early in summer is back in the wide roster, if she doesn't make the cut Weihenmaier or Stigrot could be backup OPP. I'm glad to see Izquierdo in the wide roster and I hope she will be there because most of the other OHs are bad at the moment. Brinker after a great summer sucks in Montichiari, Weihenmaier and Stigrot both struggle in their clubs especially with reception, so right now Jana Poll might even deserve a spot more than those two because she does fairly well in Hamburg. As for MBs, good to see Ssuschke and Fürst both in the roster but there is no official confirmation yet that they'll come. Ssuschke started the season very well but lately wasn't so good, Brandt and Pettke play very well in their clubs, Kauffeldt much better than expected in Lokomotiv, but Silge is very weak at the moment unfortunately. Liberos and setters should be an easy choice.

My wish-roster:
    Apitz, Weiss
    Kozuch, Lippmann
    Beier, Brinker, Geerties, Izquierdo
    Fürst, Ssuschke, Brandt, Pettke
    Thomsen, Dürr

• That is surprising. I thought Hippe did a very good job last summer and now Lippman is being subbed in her club, isnt she? Correct me if I'm wrong but Hippe was even used as OH during summer and she did well. Btw, is Furst back? She recently declared in one of the Turkish news that she wont be back to the NT?!! If she is back, together with Beier's good performance in Poland, Germany can be dangerous again.

• I don't know why Hippe isn't there, IMO she should be. Her club team is a bit of a mess but she is doing well apart from too many errors (which mainly are due to very poor setting), while Lippmann plays very little in Dresden. About Fürst, as I said there is no official news yet. Pedulla was regularly talking to her in summer, but I don't know what Koslowski has settled with her (or not). With Ssuschke it's different, she declared that she is ready to return to NT and wants to help the team going to Rio, so I assume she will be there.

• DVV has officially confirmed the return of Christiane Fürst :thumbsup:

Both she and Koslowski said that they had a very good talk about their motivation and goals with NT and Fürst says she is looking forward to help the team.

Koslowski will invite 16 players to training which starts on 25 December.

• Ssuschke-Voigt MB Is coming back in NT ?

• These are the 16 players invited to NT training:

S: Mareen Apitz (Azeryol Baku/AZE), Kathleen Weiß (Prostejov/CZE)

OH: Maren Brinker (Montichiari/ITA), Heike Beier (Lodz/POL), Jennifer Geerties (Schweriner SC), Lisa Izquierdo (Dresdner SC), Jana-Franziska Poll (VT Aurubis Hamburg)

MB: Christiane Fürst (Eczacibasi Istanbul/TUR), Corina Ssuschke-Voigt (NAWARO Straubing), Anja Brandt (Schweriner SC), Wiebke Silge (SC Potsdam), Jennifer Pettke (VC Wiesbaden)

OPP: Margareta Kozuch (Casalmaggiore/ITA), Louisa Lippmann (Dresdner SC)

Libero: Lenka Dürr (Wroclaw/POL), Lisa Thomsen (Allianz MTV Stuttgart)

OUT: Hanke, Imoudu, Weihenmaier, Stigrot, Kauffeldt, Völker

I have to say I agree with all choices :thumbup: Jana Poll has lately been playing much better in the league than Laura Weihenmaier and Lena Stigrot, so she deserves the invitation, but I believe she and one MB (probably Silge or Pettke) will be the last players to be cut.

• Corina Ssuschke-Voigt says she is not ready yet to play 5 matches in 6 days, but she would like to be there to come on court when needed to fire up the team and motivate the others. Good attitude :thumbup: Judging from the current performances of the MBs, Brandt-Fürst is the most likely pair of starters then.