2015 / 2016 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• I'm so angry .... There is to many american players -.-..Our young players in Europe can't develop because of them..Why they don't make there own league in USA :mad:

This is a very wrong pov. Young players find court space if they're more talented than the foreigners. There is a league in the USA called Premier Volleyball League, but it lasts just a week. I hope they'll improve it in the years to come.

• they are as gifted as some other european or asian players not more, imo...i also believe that being the citizen of the states make some things easy for those girsl more than some other countries...if somebody scouts around f.e. in Turkey,Serbia,Croatia,Ukrain etc he/she can find some "gifted" players there too...

the usa has a good system and that makes a difference rather than the gift, the players of them can play in the strongets leagues anywhere on the earth at early ages...american players are very professional and like hardworking, brave to play anywhere this is also very important..

No they don't play anywhere at early ages.. Murphy is 25 and when talked about young players at the 2013 WGP she was mentioned, so was Hill who is tha same age.. I am not saying they are old, but comparing them to for ex. Gabi from Brazil who is 20 and has played 3 seasons as a starter in Brazil and played the WGP 2013 as 19 years old a starter is a huge difference. Cagla Akin is 20 and has already played 2 CL F4, one of them she started, because Naz was injured, and has played as a starter in Turkey.. So USA talents do start to play professionally later than other countries because they play for the university, which is a good competition ofc but not as in Russia or Turkey.. Skne other exanples are Malykh, C. Bosetti and etc..

• You definitely should watch Christa Harmotto Dietzen's interview with Maja Poljak on youtube. She said that when american players playing abroad gather in NT training they always try to talk what they've learned from Russia, Italy, Azerbaijan, Poland and Turkey or wherever it is, what kind of things they should improve, the distinctive matters of each league, what things they shouldn't do in matches. I think this is one of the facts making them stronger, All teams must do this too. What I find sad about US team is that there are too many good players who deserve chances to play, so only a few of them are actually playing in NT. For instance Alisha Glass, Nicole Fawcett, Kristin Hildebrand(Richards at the time back), Heather Bown, Nancy Metcalf and Jennifer Tamas were cut in the last minute before the OG 2012. They would have played if they were playing for another nations, I'm sure about it. That's what I was talking about as the matter of being gifted. I think even young american college players are much better than average european club players.

i think they have realy good sub-sutructural organizations/sytems that matters most..they are good at scouting too and there is a big crowd living there in the states thats a reason too ...i believe there are good talents in turkey but the local coaches and sytem are still not enough to raise those young players level..scouitng is not enough to discover the potential talents..fortunately league is good and with those foreign players,good coaches those young player can learn some things and can develope theirselves to some extent .but stilll our sub-sutructural organization is insufficient otherwise there are talents

• No they don't play anywhere at early ages.. Murphy is 25 and when talked about young players at the 2013 WGP she was mentioned, so was Hill who is tha same age.. I am not saying they are old, but comparing them to for ex. Gabi from Brazil who is 20 and has played 3 seasons as a starter in Brazil and played the WGP 2013 as 19 years old a starter is a huge difference. Cagla Akin is 20 and has already played 2 CL F4, one of them she started, because Naz was injured, and has played as a starter in Turkey.. So USA talents do start to play professionally later than other countries because they play for the university, which is a good competition ofc but not as in Russia or Turkey.. Skne other exanples are Malykh, C. Bosetti and etc..

my point was they(usa) didnt have exeptional gifts, but the exceptional system... every country has some world-class players...and what is your point?

• I'm so angry .... There is to many american players -.-..Our young players in Europe can't develop because of them..Why they don't make there own league in USA :mad:

There are plenty of opportunities for young players in Europe to develop. Most countries have A2, B and even C leagues that athletes can play for in addition to the top professional teams. When it comes to the A1 teams of any league, it's precisely that a profession and you can't hold it against the American players that they are simply better than other countries in terms of the quality of athletes they produce. American athletes going to Europe are at the very youngest 21. By that time their European player hasn't "developed" it has much more to do with the local athlete's training and ability than a foreigner stunting their development. Lastly, there are literally at least 150 foreign athletes that play in the USA for NCAA I, II, III, NAIA and CC level and I've never heard the argument that their presence somehow stunts the development of USA players. It sounds like xenophobia to me!

• my point was they(usa) didnt have exeptional gifts, but the exceptional system... every country has some world-class players...and what is your point?

You said they can play anywhere on earth at early ages. I said 24 is not an early age.. My point is other girls have very good opportunities played in domestic strong leagues and learning form world starts, for example Gabi from Brazil from Logan, Voronkova from Russia from Larson and Del Core, Cagla from Naz, Kubra from Rasic/Furst and etc.. I was talking about that particular statement not about the talent or system..

• First of all, it is sort of a racist expression to say they take our youngsters' futures. A very common racist expressions is "they took our job". I hope "crovolley" did not mean this.
    In my opinion, if an American player, from a totally different culture and also a different sport culture can succeed in Europe, that means a lot. That means that your local players who grow up in such culture is not able to compete with a foreigner that can't even speak the local language. That for sure means that the American player deserves a place in the team.

I agree Canter a lot. I'm sure some people are born with exceptional talent of volleyball but what we lack in most countries is good coaches and facilities. I can ensure you that in eastern half of Turkey, it will be impossible to find a facility/ gym to go, train and improve your technique although you have an exceptional talent meaning that your talent is wasted. I appreciate the American approach where they incentivise for the youngsters to go to sport halls in early ages and make it available by giving access to facilities in even small communes. However, we also have interesting cases like Sweden where facilities are excellent but there is a huge lack of talent and good coaching :lol:

• First of all, it is sort of a racist expression to say they take our youngsters' futures. A very common racist expressions is "they took our job". I hope "crovolley" did not mean this.
    In my opinion, if an American player, from a totally different culture and also a different sport culture can succeed in Europe, that means a lot. That means that your local players who grow up in such culture is not able to compete with a foreigner that can't even speak the local language. That for sure means that the American player deserves a place in the team.

I agree Canter a lot. I'm sure some people are born with exceptional talent of volleyball but what we lack in most countries is good coaches and facilities. I can ensure you that in eastern half of Turkey, it will be impossible to find a facility/ gym to go, train and improve your technique although you have an exceptional talent meaning that your talent is wasted. I appreciate the American approach where they incentivise for the youngsters to go to sport halls in early ages and make it available by giving access to facilities in even small communes. However, we also have interesting cases like Sweden where facilities are excellent but there is a huge lack of talent and good coaching :lol:

Wouldn't it be easier for you to talk about Turkey's case? ;) Sorry for :offtopic:

• USA have huge population and probably more girls training volleyball than any other country in the world. Girls are motivated by opportunity to get scholarship to university. They have good coaches and facilities. I am surprised USA haven't been dominating volleyworld for years already.
    In european countries like France, Germany, Switzerland with good living conditions girls are not motivated to play volleyball. They will make good living doing something else. In countries like Croatia and Serbia where living is not so good girls are more motivated and it translates into many good players and strong NTs, having taken into account their population. Which USA state of 7 million population can make a 'NT' which could beat Serbia?
    As for Turkey I think their big investment in volleyball didn't translate into more popularity of the sport, matches are poorly attended and I wonder about the number of girls playing volleyball inTurkey.It's big country and when was it last time that they produced world class player? I think they should use money differently and more in favor of prosoerity of turkush vollexball

• Maybe you all are going too much OT :D

• Wouldn't it be easier for you to talk about Turkey's case? ;) Sorry for :offtopic:

Considering that I'm somewhat involved in volleyball in Sweden, it is fair to make such a criticism. I should also add "lack of interest" to the reasons though. Besides that, I marked the part I talk about Turkey's case for you Emil, the Patriot :cheesy:

• USA have huge population and probably more girls training volleyball than any other country in the world. Girls are motivated by opportunity to get scholarship to university. They have good coaches and facilities. I am surprised USA haven't been dominating volleyworld for years already.
    In european countries like France, Germany, Switzerland with good living conditions girls are not motivated to play volleyball. They will make good living doing something else. In countries like Croatia and Serbia where living is not so good girls are more motivated and it translates into many good players and strong NTs, having taken into account their population. Which USA state of 7 million population can make a 'NT' which could beat Serbia?
    As for Turkey I think their big investment in volleyball didn't translate into more popularity of the sport, matches are poorly attended and I wonder about the number of girls playing volleyball inTurkey.It's big country and when was it last time that they produced world class player? I think they should use money differently and more in favor of prosoerity of turkush vollexball

As for Turkey I think their big investment in volleyball didn't translate into more popularity of the sport, matches are poorly attended and I wonder about the number of girls playing volleyball inTurkey. It's big country and when was it last time that they produced world class player?

Well, to name just three of them:

Naz Aydemir
    Gözde Yılmaz
    Neriman Özsoy

• Considering that I'm somewhat involved in volleyball in Sweden, it is fair to make such a criticism. I should also add "lack of interest" to the reasons though. Besides that, I marked the part I talk about Turkey's case for you Emil, the Patriot :cheesy:

Haha, I'm very far from being a patriot though, besides I'm not in Sweden right now. I hope you write more about swedish volleyball and I'm pretty sure you will.

• Considering that I'm somewhat involved in volleyball in Sweden, it is fair to make such a criticism. I should also add "lack of interest" to the reasons though. Besides that, I marked the part I talk about Turkey's case for you Emil, the Patriot :cheesy:

hehe :D imo too, you have the right to talk about bcz you live there :whistle:

• Massimo Barbolini and the president of Casalmaggiore are guests at a TV program about volleyball. The president said that Valentina Tirozzi (OH), Imma Sirressi (L) and Jovana Stevanovic (MB) have renewed their contract for the next season. It was also said that the roster for the next season is almost done, many players have agreed to join the team but the club will make it offical only when they will sign the contract.They are interested in Floortje Meijners and they are searching for an high level setter and Carli Lloyd is on their list.

• The state of Oregon with a population of about 4 million has over 100 high schools. For girls the winter sports are either soccer or volleyball and most all schools have teams in both. Kim Hill went to a school of only 225 students. There are state championships in both these sports at all levels. Repeat this times 50 and a lot of highschool girls are playing volleyball.

The real interest in US volleyball is at the collegiate level. Collegiate sports interest is a unique American institution. Top College volleyball teams draw much bigger crowds then say Series A in Italy. I don't see a pro league in the US any time soon because of the collegiate factor.

US girls almost all are 4 year college graduates which makes them well rounded highly educated and adaptive learners so they are quick to pick up cultural and competitive differences when they play overseas.

I'm surprised that more young international players do not take advantage of a free college education from a top US university instead of jumping right into club play. In the long run of their lives a high quality education from Stanford, Penn State, or Nebraska is a huge future advantage. :teach: