Czech NT 2015

• Carlo Parisi listed a wild roster in April.

Setters : Pavla Vincourová, Lucie Smutná, Marie Kurková, Monika Šmídová, Katerina Válková
    OPPs : Aneta Havlíčková, Sonja Mikysková, Eva Hodanová, Anna Širůčková
    MBs : Eva Lakomá, Barbora Purchartová, Eva Rutarová, Nikol Sajdová, Ivona Svobodníková, Veronika Trnková, Klara Vyklická, Veronika Závodná
    OHs : Helena Havelková, Barbora Gambová, Ivana Cebáková, Karolina Bednářová, Andrea Kossanyiová, Michala Kvapilová, Martina Michalíková, Michaela Mlejnková, Lucie Nová, Romana Staňková, Marie Toufarová, Tereza Vanžurová
    Liberos : Julie Jasova-Kovářová, Veronika Dostálová, Sarka Melichárková

If nothing seriously happens, we most likely shall see this starting line up :

Vincourova-Havlickova
    Sajdova-Trnkova
    Havelkova-Vanzurova
    Kovarova(L)

It seems like Parisi is no longer going to call Lucie Muhlsteinova, Ivana Plchotova and Krystina Pastulova again who used to be in NT until 2013. Also Marketa Chlumska is missed.

First team gathering is scheduled on the 16th May in Brno, The team will prepare for Yeltsin Cup...Parisi said that he would try some younger players in the cup. Czech Republic will face Russia(host), Israel, Cuba, Kazakhstan and China.
    Their main target of this year is obviously the ECH in the upcoming autumn. They will build strong team-plays and also check players physical conditions during WGP and will play some friendly matches against Poland and Belgium in September just before ECH.

• I honestly can't guess what Parisi is thinking on Setter and MB position. In 2013, Vincourova made her debut as starter and last year Smutna became starter. But since Vincourova played in a Serie A1 team where also Parisi was in, she would have had more times to convince him. I have no idea how Smutna played in Serie A2.

Sajdova was completely weak last year in NT, on the other hand Trnkova was quite impressive especially her blocks. If she manages to make a good shape, I mean she didn't look fit to play slide attacks and stuff, is going to be better. Eva Rusakova can be a good candidate but in my opinion she's too slow, kinda reminds me of Merkulova :aww:

Nice to see Jasova back with her new name. I always liked her game, so passionate on court especially with spectacular digs :D

• She's too young to retire :( But she wouldnt make her spot in NT either, Jasova will play libero and probably Dostalova will help the team with reception, because Vanzurova is still struggling with it.

• Muhlsteinova has poor season in Poland and she didn't deserve for a call. On the other hand Plchotova is still ok, she's not playing below a level, but she's getting older and it seems that Parisi wants to count on younger ones :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Roster for Yeltsin Cup and WGP 2015.

Setters : Lucie Smutna, Pavla Vincourova, Marie Kurkova
    OPPs : Eva Hodanova, Tereza Vanzurova
    MBs : Nikol Sajdova, Veronika Trnkova, Veronika Zavodna, Barbora Purchartova
    OHs : Helena Havelkova(C), Andrea Kossanyiova, Barbora Gambova, Michala Kvapliova, Michaela Mlejnkova, Marie Toufarova
    Liberos : Veronika Dostalova, Sarka Melicharkova

Havlickova, Kovarova-Jasova, Svobodnikova were released from the wild roster :what: Will Vanzurova play OPP? I don't know how CZ would look without Aneta...

• Aneta Havlickova will miss WGP due to her knee problems and she will get ready on time for ECH. Vanzurova will play OPP.

• Helena Havelkova has been chosen as Czech Republic's best player of 2014-2015 season with David Konecny, they were awarded in Brno. It seems like she will definitely play for Chemik Police with her colleague Joanna Wolosz.

• i dont know why but i dont like Czech team's game much..i cant differentiate their play as a team,i find boring most of the time...they need much more high level players other than Havelkova and Havlickova and to jump level...i dont know much about Vanzurova and young talent Mlejenkova ?? Czech R. is not bad..but f.e. Bulgaria and Crotia and Belgium are playing better volleyball of course first two countries have more high level players..

• Yes, it is quite boring, especially when they play with a very mediocre setter. Clearly Czech volleyball has been performed so far as "H+H volleyball" which means only Havelkova and Havlickova. So whoever the setter is, she simply sets almost all the balls to them and this is what we call a monotonous volleyball pattern. I also don't find it too entertaining to watch but I'd say it is their team colour. Besides they don't have competitive MBs yet, only Trnkova seems decent in terms of blocks, others can't attack nor block. It might be the reason why their setter doesn't use the middle.

Vanzurova is like a shorter version of Tokatlioglu, if you know what I mean. She plays a bit better as OPP, but quite short for that, as OH she struggles in reception but a pretty good attacker on EU level, no way reachable on World level, like against Brazil or US or China. Apparently Parisi prefers her as OH, which is fortune because I don't think she will have enough chances to play if there's still Havlickova.

Mlejnkova is promising, but that's it, she hasn't shown anything special since last year in NT, Parisi didn't catch her. I hope she gets to play more this year.

I think the level between those teams is on the same level, good attackers, strong MBs(especially Croatia and Bulgaria) but bad setters...C.R with Vincourova(she's not really bad, but I don't think she will be some good setter that makes a huge difference) and Smutna(A boring setter), Croatia with Grbac and Brcic, Belgium with Dirickx and Van de Vijver(They're pretty good I'd say), the worst case on that is definitely Bulgaria. Nenova is horrible and Kitipova not so much better.

• Havlickova is still recovering her knee injuries, she's expected to join the NT in the second round of WGP, all is focused on ECH this year.

• Carlo Parisi has announced the final roster for WGP, their NT training ends up tomorrow and will fly to Croatia on tuesday.

S : Pavla Vincourová (Scandicci/It.), Lucie Smutná (Soverato/It.).
    OPP/OH : Helena Havelková (Busto Arsizio/It.), Andrea Kossányiová (Prostějov), Michaela Mlejnková, Eva Hodanová (obě Olymp), Michala Kvapilová (Postupim/Něm.), Marie Toufarová (KP Brno), Tereza Vanžurová (Scandicci/It.).
    MB : Barbora Purchartová (Charleroi/Belg.), Nikol Sajdová (Postupim/Něm.), Veronika Trnková (Olymp).
    L : Veronika Dostálová (Olymp), Šárka Melichárková (SG Brno).

• i dont know why but i dont like Czech team's game much..i cant differentiate their play as a team,i find boring most of the time...they need much more high level players other than Havelkova and Havlickova and to jump level...i dont know much about Vanzurova and young talent Mlejenkova ?? Czech R. is not bad..but f.e. Bulgaria and Crotia and Belgium are playing better volleyball of course first two countries have more high level players..

I think you are too strict. Czech is small country with little people potential and they aren't interested at investing money in volleyball. Their religion is hokey. :cup:Moreover, I think it's even too good they have two world class players who can play in almost every club in the world.

• Team Czech Republic will play two friendly matches against Poland in the 4th and 5th of September. Liberec will be the host city. Havelkova was born there and she will play for a polish club next season, so it should be interesting to watch.

Also they will have a friendly match with Belgium in one of the days 11th-13th of September.

Parisi said everything is focused on European Championship and luckily Havlickova will join the team pretty soon.

• Julie Jasova(Kuvarova) is back to the team, now 16 players are training, thank god, one more MB has been added.

S: Vincourová Pavla, Smutná Lucie
    OH: Havelková Helena, Mlejnková Michaela, Kossányiová Andrea, Hodanová Eva, Toufarová Marie
    OPP: Havlíčková Aneta, Vanžurová Tereza, Kvapilová Michala
    MB: Trnková Veronika, Sajdová Nikol, Purchartová Barbora, Vyklická Klára
    L: Kovářová Julie, Dostálová Veronika

• Brilliant interview with Andrea Kossanyiova. Thank you both Impel Wroclaw's social manager and Google translation for this interview btw :D And I tried to modify some unnatural sentences, maybe some polish users can feedback me.

IW: Is volleyball popular in Czech Republic?
    AK: It has a large competition with soccer and ice hockey.

IW: When did your volleyball adventure start?
    AK: It all started at the age nine - then I enrolled in school.

IW: What other sport would you choose, if not volleyball?
    AK: I love tennis and basketball. When I have free time - like watching the struggles of athletes on television.

IW: Your hobbies?
    AK: Yes! I don't have too much free time, but I have a dog, which I devote a lot of attention - the animals are my biggest hobby (laughs).

IW: Impel Wroclaw will be your first foreign club - After winning the Czech Championship and then for a change?
    AK: Exactly. Impel will be my first foreign club. I think a lot of athletes are thinking (and dreaming) playing abroad.

IW: What do you think about your new team?
    AK: It is a great honor to play with such stars as Kasia Skowrońska - Dolata or Carolina Costagrande. It will be an amazing experience for me and I hope that I will learn many new things in the team.

IW: Czech Republic shared borders with Poland, have you had some opportunities to visit Polish cities?
    AK: I've been several times in Poland. We played here a lot of social games. Recently I visited your country during the Final Four Grand Prix in Lublin.

IW: Have you talked to anyone about Orlen League?
    AK: The Orlen League've heard good things. I know this league, that can be placed between the Czech league, and the best in the world. The league really has a lot of good teams (Impel Wroclaw, PGE Atom Trefl Sopot or Chemik Police), and it attracts a lot of excellent players. And most importantly - Volleyball is a very popular sport in Poland. I can not wait to meet Wrocław fans!

IW: With Agel prostějov you had the chance to fight in the Champions League. How do you compare playing in European competition with the game on the domestic backyard?
    AK: It's hard to somehow compare. This is a completely different play. Everything in the Champions League is faster, harder to score points and win matches.

IW: In our group we will play with Fenerbahce Istanbul, Telekom Baku and Dresdener SC - how would you draw?
    AK: I think it's not too bad. The coaching staff will know how to deal with rivals. However, I think the toughest rival is Fenerbahce Istanbul.