Bulgarian NT 2015

• Today Dragan Nesic announced the wide roster for European games in Baku. Probably the same players will play in Grand Prix.

Setters : Diana Nenova, Lora Kitipova, Petia Barakova, Kristina Guncheva, Vesela Boncheva
    OPPs : Emiliya Nikolova, Silvana Chausheva, Veselina Grigorova
    MBs : Hristina Ruseva, Nasya Dimitrova, Mira Todorova, Milena Dimova, Gabriela Koeva, Viktoria Grigorova
    OHs : Elitsa Vasileva, Dobriana Rabadzhieva, Eva Yaneva, Gergana Dimitrova, Tanya Sabkova, Miroslava Paskova, Gergana Petrova, Simona Dimitrova,
    Liberos : Mariya Filipova, Zhana Todorova, Desislava Nikolova

Because of injury the biggest part of the games will miss our captain Strashi Filipova. :wall: We hope so that she will be ready for European championship but i expect a brave game from our young MB to replace succesfuly the big Strashi. Eva Yaneva also has some problemes again and she will have more break from Nesic but maybe will be able to play in Grand Prix. For me the biggest question are why are not invited Kremena Kamenova who is much more experienced that half of the called OH'S, Gabriela Tsvetanova, who has very good season in Greece, instead for exemple of goofy Veselina Grigorova and the biggest miss is Tsvetelina Zarkova, whe became champion of Romania and can be very usefull. Maybe they have some injuries i don't know or have agreement with Nesic to be included later in the trainings. Also strange for me is the inviting of Desi Nikolova who comes from though injury and long no play. Maybe here Iva Monova will be more usefull choice but coach knows better.Tomorrow Nesic will gaive a open press conference and probably he will answer to every of this questions.

• Tsvetelina Zarkova also have surgerie with Strashi Filipova and maybe will be able to play for european championship. Dragan Nesic said that in first tournament in Grand Prix in Puerto Rico will play u23 girls like a preparation for U23 World championship. Also Bulgaria will have common trainings in Brazil and participate in a tournament with hosts, Netherlands and Germany. Also two friendly matches with Romania. Team for Baku is ready. Under the question are Dobi Rabadzhieva who have some injury problems and Diana Nenova with a hernia. For now the team for Baku is :

Setters : Diana Nenova, Lora Kitipova
    OPPs : Emiliya Nikolova, Silvana Chausheva, Miroslava Paskova
    MBs : Hristina Ruseva, Nasya Dimitrova, Mira Todorova, Gabriela Koeva
    OHs : Elitsa Vasileva, Dobriana Rabadzhieva, Eva Yaneva, Gergana Dimitrova
    Liberos : Mariya Filipova, Zhana Todorova

And finally Nesic wishes a happy birthday to Elitsa Vasileva who makes today 25 years. Happy birthday, Etsi !

• Too bad that Filipova will be out. So it means Ruseva and Koeva will play starters? or Dimotrova? Where is Zarkova?

The question for Bulgarian NT this year will be the setters. Nenova is horrible and Kitipova is a little better than her, but still not so good. Anyone newer and better than them?

• Too bad that Filipova will be out. So it means Ruseva and Koeva will play starters? or Dimotrova? Where is Zarkova?

The question for Bulgarian NT this year will be the setters. Nenova is horrible and Kitipova is a little better than her, but still not so good. Anyone newer and better than them?

It's written about Zarkova. About setters there is no differences than other years. There are good alternatives on this position from bulgarian championship - young Barakova and experienced Boncheva, but in important tournaments no any coach will want to risk with them and will choose on a certain players with Europe's experience - Nenova and Kitipova. If soon there is no sold other bulgarian setter in good european team the fear from coaches to experimentate will continue but if rumours, that Nenova will stop to play volleyball, are true soon there will be some other as alternative setter.

• Oh sorry, I didn't read that :D I hope to see more of Koeva, she's a great fighter.

• More and more problems in Bulgaria. New and new injuries in men and women's team day by day. Now Diana Nenova will pass a surgerie from hernia and will miss european games in Baku. Yet it's not certain who will replace her and will be other choice together with Kitipova. Probably this will be Barakova. Also how i said Dobi Rabadzhieva is under question for Baku because old injury which she healing now in Switzerland.

• Finally today Dragan Nesic announced the team for Baku. Roster is mixed from experienced and young players because of so many injuries and problems. Dobi Rabadzhieva and Mariya Filipova have some problems yet but Nesic is sure that they will be able to play in Baku. New captain Elitsa Vasileva said that they go to achieve maximum result but doesn't want to comment their expectations. My pessmistic views are because Nesic is very close with federation and they inssist from him to play with young players because their clubs want money from their selling abroad. He said that his idea is Gergana Dimitrova to play in Baku as titular but i'm not sure that her quality in the moment is so adequate to the level of our goals. However we have to add young players because in every tournament cannot play the same team but i have this feeling that they force him to make titulars players from bulgarian champioship while their level in the moment is not so high.

• Today there was a interesting interview on a bulgarian TV with Elitsa Vasileva. She told that she still cannot believe that her father is dead and often wait for him to come, also she said that there was a moments last season in which she was thinking to retire from a volleyball for some time because she has very difficult moments in Vakifbank and she was been very depressed but because of her stubborn she succeed to save herself from depression. Also she said that from Kuzyutkin she learned some russian words and now she starts to learn russian language because of her new team Dinamo Kazan. I hope so that in Kazan she shouldn't have depressive thoughts.

• :( That's not very nice to hear, I hope Elitsa gets over the depression and wish her the best for russian adventure. Btw, Isn't russian supposed to be easy for her since bulgarian and russian are like brother languages or whatever you call.

• :( That's not very nice to hear, I hope Elitsa gets over the depression and wish her the best for russian adventure. Btw, Isn't russian supposed to be easy for her since bulgarian and russian are like brother languages or whatever you call.

Both languages are close but there is a lot of diffrence between them. The old generation in Bulgaria learned russian in school and almost everyone knows it very good but today the youngest generations doesn't learn russian instead of western languages. Some it's difficult to meet today young bulgarian who can speak good russian. But yes they are close languages and polyglot like Elitsa will learn it very soon.

• Strashi Filipova will not be with NT on ECH...via. WOV

• Bulgaria lost two very important players.. :/

• Filipova is a very experienced player and a pretty good middle, but her season in Azerbaijan wasn't so good, so she wouldn't have made such a difference maybe.. but of course she would add experience and leadership

What is common between her season in Azeryol and national team ? I can't remember some player in Azeryol to play their best season so it's not only she with a weak season. I think that NT and club season have nothing common. She is still onе до the best MB in the world.

And please Filipova is not the only player in Bulgaria. We have other good players who can sucessfuly replace her. Yes they don't have such experience but you sound like she is dead. Can we talk about the future - Hristina Ruseva, Nasya Dimitrova, Gabriela Koeva, Mira Todorova, Milena Dimova - all are very good MB and will show their power very soon.