Belgian NT 2015

• S : Frauke Dirickx, Ilka Van de Vyver, Jasmien Biebauw
    OPP : Lise Van Hecke, Lore Gillis, Marlies De Smet, Kaja Grobelna
    MB : Freya Aelbrecht, Laura Heyrman, Angie Bland, Sarah Coppens, Nathalie Lemmens, Elies Goos, Maud Catry
    OH : Charlotte Leys, Els Vandesteene, Helene Rousseaux, Nina Coolman, Dominika Strumilo, Gwendoline Horemans, Celine Van Gestel, Sarah Smits
    L : Valerie Courtois, Britt Ruysschaert

Helene Rousseaux wants to take a break from NT for a while, so she won't play in NT this summer and will be ready for ECH.

• i think Drickx should be backup setter anymore :gone:
    Belgium is similar to Germany in many ways..good team play,good defence,good serves,ok OH's ok middles,ok opp etc..they need some stronger and better hitters to be better

• Nina Coolman decided not to play for NT this year but Helene Rousseaux probably will come back for ECH.

• http://worldgrandprix.2015.fiv…teams/bel-belgium/players

Dominika Sobolska is in wide roster on WGP. I know that she played for Belgium in previous years, but how is her attitude to NT now?

She probably would stay on bench if she gets a call, Aelbrecht and Heyrman are decent players with some experiences. There's also Angie Bland currently having a rest. But Sobolska seems to be a good blocker indeed, would be useful for Belgian NT. I liked her Monitichiari press interview btw.

• Gert Vande Broek, the coach of yellow tigers is satisfied with their performance in Ankara, same for Charlotte Leys, the captain.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sport…/cnt/dmf20150705_01764114

"When you lose 3-0, you can never say that it was good," responded captain Charlotte Leys Sunday after the defeat of the Yellow Tigers against the United States. "But we can still look back with satisfaction on the match. We certainly had good moments and we did not go against one of the best teams in the world. "

"There were strong stores, the center turned corner and our players have beaten some nice block-outs. At that level we can be reasonably satisfied with our performance. If you look at the three matches of this group in Ankara, we can also be satisfied. We have unexpectedly won in Turkey, after we had fought well. The second game, Saturday against Italy, it was a downer. In that game were really more possibilities. And against the United States, we have shown that we can fight against an absolute top team. "

Even coach Gert Vande Broek gave a positive feeling about the three games. "Despite the loss against the United States, I am pleased with the way we played. At the beginning of the third set after we have always competed. In the second set we had even a small chance setwinst. But if you took the opportunity to intervene with two hands, which is rapidly miscalculated against a team like the US "

"Global viewed with a positive feeling I look back on the past three games in Ankara. Here we are in difficult circumstances due to the absence of several players. And in these difficult circumstances, there are now young players who give stability to the team. We finish third in Ankara, Turkey, and that is certainly included. Now we have to draw that line in Brazil. There too we should try to address three points or more. In Sao Paolo, against Germany or Thailand, it will be done for the tournament in Italy with Russia, Brazil and the host country is very difficult. "

"This result is already a first small step towards our goal of ensuring the preservation in the highest group of the World Grand Prix. This means taking only one team behind us.

• I want to know that too. I bought tickets to see Brazil x Belgium this weekend in Brazil, but without Lise the match will very boring...

EDIT: Lise is not coming -> http://esportes.estadao.com.br…vestir-a-camisa-do-clube/

• I want to know that too. I bought tickets to see Brazil x Belgium this weekend in Brazil, but without Lise the match will very boring...

EDIT: Lise is not coming -> http://esportes.estadao.com.br…vestir-a-camisa-do-clube/

Yeah, no, they came directly from Ankara with the same group from there.

I wanted to know if she will return to have an idea how serious their inuries are, or if its just a precaution or something like that.

• Sounds to me, like both are not supposed to play WGP at all:

"We hebben in overleg met haar zelf besloten dat we met Lise Van Hecke geen risico zullen nemen en dat zij dus de hele campagne thuis blijft, zodat ze volledig kan recupereren met het oog op het EK in september in Antwerpen. Ook Frauke Dirickx krijgt nog rusttijd tot zolang.

We nemen veertien speelsters mee voor deze rondtrip van drie weken. In vergelijking met Bakoe zijn er vier wijzigingen: Karolina Goliat vervangt dus Lise Van Hecke, Lorena Cianci vervangt Jolien Wittock in receptie, Celine Van Gestel komt in de plaats van Strumilo, terwijl middenblokster Nathalie Lemmens dan weer Maud Catry vervangt. Een ploeg die misschien meer receptioneel gericht is. Daarnaast mag je toch niet vergeten dat we ook niet kunnen beschikken over Angie Bland (vele maanden out met een schouderblessure), Hélène Rousseaux (die haar lichaam rust wil gunnen en we respecteren dat), Lore Gillis (die trouwt in deze periode) en Nina Coolman (die stopte als speelster van de nationale ploeg)."

http://www.topvolleybelgium.be…onder-van-hecke-naar-wgp/

• "We hebben in overleg met haar zelf besloten dat we met Lise Van Hecke geen risico zullen nemen en dat zij dus de hele campagne thuis blijft, zodat ze volledig kan recupereren met het oog op het EK in september in Antwerpen. Ook Frauke Dirickx krijgt nog rusttijd tot zolang.

We nemen veertien speelsters mee voor deze rondtrip van drie weken. In vergelijking met Bakoe zijn er vier wijzigingen: Karolina Goliat vervangt dus Lise Van Hecke, Lorena Cianci vervangt Jolien Wittock in receptie, Celine Van Gestel komt in de plaats van Strumilo, terwijl middenblokster Nathalie Lemmens dan weer Maud Catry vervangt. Een ploeg die misschien meer receptioneel gericht is. Daarnaast mag je toch niet vergeten dat we ook niet kunnen beschikken over Angie Bland (vele maanden out met een schouderblessure), Hélène Rousseaux (die haar lichaam rust wil gunnen en we respecteren dat), Lore Gillis (die trouwt in deze periode) en Nina Coolman (die stopte als speelster van de nationale ploeg)."

Thank You! ^^

• Martin already gave a good answer, so I can add more of the info :

Dirickx said she got exhausted after the season in Italy so she needs some rest, same for Rousseaux, Van Hecke is recovering an injury, nobody wanted to take a big risk to let her play in WGP. Bland also recovering her shoulder injury, Coolman stopped playing for NT for some reason. And Gillis just got married a couple of weeks ago.

I think the yellow tigers are playing better than what I expected, despite the big lack of OPP position. Grobelna is definitely not ready to play starter, however except her, everyone's playing quite well I think.

• Is Kaja Grobelna polish-belgian? I saw she was born in Poland.

Apparently those two countries have some issues like Sobolska. Dominika Strumiło also has a polish name and she doesn't look flemish at all :D

• Is Kaja Grobelna polish-belgian? I saw she was born in Poland.

Yes, she's polish and she was born in Poland. Her brother plays in Plus Liga and Young League as polish player.
    Dominika Sobolska, Marta Sobolska, Marta Szczygielska, Karolina Goliat and Dominika Strumiło are polish.

• Yeah thanks, how come so many poles playing for Belgium? Its kinda like Podolski or Özel playing for Germany?

Not sure about others, but Dominika Sobolska not being confirmed is so sad. She could help Poland quite a lot IMO.

• Not sure about others, but Dominika Sobolska not being confirmed is so sad. She could help Poland quite a lot IMO.

She wants to play for Polish NT but Belgium federation doesn't want to let her go.

how come so many poles playing for Belgium?

Their parents live in Belgium.