• Karine SALINAS (Mulhouse)
    Armelle FAESCH (Mulhouse)
    Audrey SYREN (Saint Raphaël)

Sandra KOCINIEWSKI (Saint Cloud)
    Anna RYBACZEWSKI (Muszyna, Poland)
    Hélène SCHLECK (Albi)
    Nassira CAMARA (Le Cannet)
    Leslie TURIAF (RC Cannes)
    Anna SZERSEN (Université américaine Ohio State)

Victoria RAVVA (RC Cannes)
    Kinga MACULEWICZ (Pesaro, Italy)
    Jelena LOZANCIC (RC Cannes)
    Coralie LARNACK (Mulhouse)
    Christina BAUER (Mulhouse)
    Irina POLECHTCHOUK (RC Cannes)

Estelle QUERARD (Le Cannet)
    Alexandra ROCHELLE (Albi)

• Do u know Ravva played in Azerbaijan NT in 1994?

• Quote from "andrea"

Isn't she from Georgia instead?

I didnt say she is Azerbaijani Turks.She is Georgian.But she played in Azerbaijan NT.

• I liked that team in ECH. It's interesting to watch a team that plays differently.

If I'm not wrong Lozancic, Rybaczewski and Salinas are French, Ravva is naturalized French. Because there is a difference between the two categories in FIVB/CEV rules. A guy on a italian forum, explained us that just one naturalized player (Ravva) can play in NT. So, Lozancic, Rybaczewski, Salinas and Kociniewski are French, not naturalized? What about Maculewicz, is she in first or second category. Could Ravva and Maculewicz play together in NT?

• Maculewicz is in the firts category, so the too could have play together in EC.
    The french team show a great volleyball during the competition and that was amazing to see Salinas back.
    I liked the fact that Fang plays with his middle blokers on reception and defence.

• Quote from "samba player"

So, Lozancic, Rybaczewski, Salinas and Kociniewski are French, not naturalized?

France is a country where many people are from foreign descent but born in France and therefore French.

Many Poles came in France to work in mines ine the 20's and 30's. There was also a lot of Italians working in France at this time. After world war II there were Spanish then Portuguese and then Algerians, Moroccans, Africans ...

So it's very common to see foreign names in France, and more specifically in sport. In Football, the three best players of France history (Raymond Kopaszewski, Michel Platini, and Zinedine Zidane) are in this case: all born in France, but from Polish, Italian or Algerian descent.
    There is also the case of player coming in France to play as professional, and then raising their children in France. That was the case for tennis player Yannick Noah, whose father was a professional football player.
    In volleyball, I can think of Raphael Mrozek, a young outside hitter from Polish descent who was playing with Tours last year, and who was awarded best receiver at the 2005 youth ECH: His father is a former professional volleyball player.
    As many children of good players often became themselves good players, when professional players decide to remain in France after their own career (as coaches or because they married French people) their children may possibly became themselves NT players.

• Quote from "Armel"

There is also the case of player coming in France to play as professional, and then raising their children in France.

The same was with Anna Rybaczewska. She was born in Poland, but her father (volleyball player) signed contract with Toulouse so they moved to France. Kinga Maculewicz was born in Poland also (in Kraków :wink2: )

• I was pretty sure that some of the current NT members were in this very situation, but didn't know exactly who ! :wink2:

The daughter of Veljko Basic (Tours's headcoach) is also playing volleyball.(she is 15 or something like that) Maybe she will play for France one day too !

• Quote from "andrea"

Isn't she from Georgia instead?

Hello,this is me.Ilgar from AZERBAIJAN.I want to talk about this text.Victoria Ravva was born in Georgia as a person,but as a good player she was born in AZERBAIJAN.She passed AZERBAIJAN volley-ball school.She was playing with the famous players az Yelena Shabovta,ALLA Hasanova and the others.But because of the pause in AZERBAIJAN volleyball(it is because then our republic was just tken out from the USSR after 75 years and that`s why our sports lived a stop.We did not play in the international arena and because of that very many players as Ravva left AZERBAIJAN.But INSHALLAH we hope that our team will play as before.Now we have young players and need a little time.SUCCES WILL COME!