Goofy-footed players

• hi everyone :wavy: !
    I have a friend who is goofy-footed, and this made me wonder how professional players can be goofy-footed, because I used to be like that when I was young, and every coach I had forced me to be regular-footed.
    I post this thread on the women's side because the only goofy-footed players i know are women (Glinka, Obmochaeva and Grün). Do you guys think it's a real handicap to be that kind of player ? Or do you think it can be a benefit like left-handed players ?
    And by the way, do you know others goofy-footed players ??

• I think Goncharova is more of a "goofy arm swing" kind. And regardless if the players you mentioned are goofy-footed, they were undeniably one of the best in their heydays.

• Oh I have that problem too! I thought mine was because I'm cross dominance, using my left hand while writing, eating and daily activities and using right hand in ball sports. That also means that my dominant eye is my right eye (because I'm left handed except sports). So simply attacking from zone 4 is more difficult for some reason than 2, ending up right foot as the last step.

• I think Goncharova is more of a "goofy arm swing" kind. And regardless if the players you mentioned are goofy-footed, they were undeniably one of the best in their heydays.

What do you mean goofy arm swing? I think her 'strange' arm swing is because of her goofy foot.. I you watch her steps, you can clearly see she ends with her right foot, especially from zone 4