Chinese NT 2016

• The training players for Montreax and WGP:
    (Bold as the possible roster for Montreax?)
    S - Wei Qiu-yue, Shen Jing-si, Ding Xia, Yao Di
    OP - Zeng Chun-lei, Yang Fang-xu, Gong Xiang-yu, Qin Si-yu
    OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Yan-han, Liu Xiao-tong, Chen Li-yi, Wang Yun-lu
    MB - Yan Ni, Yuan Xin-yue, Xu Yun-li, Yang Jun-jing, Zhang Xiao-ya, Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Ning
    L - Lin Li, Wang Meng-jie, Shan Dan-na, Chen Zhan

The FIVB officals (including Tishchenko?) and players and coaches of Chinese NT is in the photo.

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• So it is sure that Shen Jingsi is going to Rio? Cuz Lang Ping seems to like her the most.

Let's wait there are 2 moths before tournament :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• From tomen's post #41, can we safely assume that if a player plays in Montreux Volley Masters 2016 then she won't play in WGP 2016? The interval between the two tournaments (the end of the 1st one and the beginning of the 2nd one) is just too short; however, the WGP incl. the finals has total time span nearly one month.

I just don't know the flexibility of player list for the entire WGP tournament (how many names can included there, etc).

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: addition, edit ().

• I guess Jenny will send the strongest team to play the first week, like how she always did in the past few years. And there would probably be some changes for week two, three and final week. This tournament will be a platform for her to choose the fittest to go to Rio. Some of the players in Montreux were not included into the WGP widelist. What I am sure of, the better setter in Montreux will definitely play in one leg of the WGP as the level of play oh WGP is higher.

• I guess Jenny will send the strongest team to play the first week, like how she always did in the past few years. And there would probably be some changes for week two, three and final week. This tournament will be a platform for her to choose the fittest to go to Rio. Some of the players in Montreux were not included into the WGP widelist. What I am sure of, the better setter in Montreux will definitely play in one leg of the WGP as the level of play oh WGP is higher.

Thanks yourHIGHness for the reply, it addresses my question. I missed the idea to note the wide roster list for WGP versus those who play in Montreux :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• The Full Team picture of the Chinese wide roster and coaching team for the 2016 World Grand Prix

Note: the former mighty outside hitter, "Iron Hammer", now turned into head coach, Lang Ping, is just as tall as the current setter, Shen Jing-si. Talking about the height transformation of the current generation.

Edited 3 times, last by samsara: addition, grammar ().

• Let me predict the Rio player list for Chinese team. You can have my word on it cause I have the confidence.

option 1(preferable)
    S - Wei Qiu-yue, Ding Xia
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu
    OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Yan-han
    MB - Yan Ni, Yuan Xin-yue, Zhang Xiao-ya
    L - Lin Li, Chen Zhan

option 2
    S - Wei Qiu-yue, Ding Xia
    OP - Yang Fang-xu, Gong Xiang-yu
    OH - Hui Ruo-qi, Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning
    MB - Yan Ni, Yuan Xin-yue, Zhang Xiao-ya
    L - Lin Li, Chen Zhan

• I just would like to post that the young gun Gong Xiang-yu really shines within the first three matches in Montreux, really enjoy her play there and I believe she's the true material for the [core] Chinese NT team, sooner or later, a very cool companion to Zhu Ting and Yuan Xin-yue.

Yet MagicFrog had bold idea few further notches saying Gong will be part of the CHN Rio team. Well, let's wait and see for a while, the WGP is there for all the seeing eyes, and Gong makes the wide roster list there.

Btw this is my very first to watch Gong's play, never watch her earlier in junior competition, know nothing about her indeed.

• I just would like to post that the young gun Gong Xiang-yu really shines within the first three matches in Montreux, really enjoy her play there and I believe she's the true material for the [core] Chinese NT team, sooner or later, a very cool companion to Zhu Ting and Yuan Xin-yue.

Yet MagicFrog had bold idea few further notches saying Gong will be part of the CHN Rio team. Well, let's wait and see for a while, the WGP is there for all the seeing eyes, and Gong makes the wide roster list there.

Btw this is my very first to watch Gong's play, never watch her earlier in junior competition, know nothing about her indeed.

During 2013 U18 WCH, Gong was the substitute setter of Sun Hai-ping.
    In 2014 U19 ACH, she was the main opposite hitter and played well.
    Last year, she participated in Montreax (U23, instead of sick Wang Qi), Yeltsin Cup (U20) and U20 WCH.
    In Chinese League 2015/2016, she played better, so she joined the senior Chinese NT.

Videos:
    2013 U18 WCH Pool B: China 2-3 Japan (Gong as the substitute setter)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg4OTA5MDQ0.html
    2014 U19 ACH Semifinal (vs South Korea) and Final (vs Japan) (Gong as the main OPP)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzQ2MTcxMTY4.html
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzQ1ODczMTY4.html
    2015 Montreax (vs Dominican Republic) (Gong substituted Qin Si-yu and China U23 won Dominican Republic Senior)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTI1NzU0MTI0OA==.html

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Thanks tomen, very kind of you to brief some highlights of Gong Xiang-yu and those few video links, surely will check them later on. Interesting that Gong once played as a setter before moving to OH position, she may still keep such capability on court. Wow, Gong is really lovely on court, her swiftness, agility, and power too... and she can jump pretty high. Impressive!!

Btw, any further info on the Chinese 14-list for WGP (first week!?)

• Regarding the libero, I guess the main choices for Rio are Lin Li and Wang Meng-jie... Wang played greatly today, she made a couple of terrific, game-changer saves in the 4th set, and in general played well in today's match and earlier ones. WGP 2016 should be a key and the last trial field for the Olympian candidates.

• Regarding the libero, I guess the main choices for Rio are Lin Li and Wang Meng-jie... Wang played greatly today, she made a couple of terrific, game-changer saves in the 4th set, and in general played well in today's match and earlier ones. WGP 2016 should be a key and the last trial field for the Olympian candidates.

Wang Meng-jie is almost out. The libero is Lin Li or Chen Zhan or both.

• Lang Ping and the rest 12 players (main?) have arrived in Beilun District of Ningbo for Week 1 of WGP2016.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• I will love to watch Lang Ping experimenting with this line-up at some match(es) in the upcoming WGP:

Hui Ruo-qi/Zeng Chun-lei/Liu Xiao-tong/Zhang Chang-ning (in arbitrary order) --- Yuan Xin-yue --- Gong Xiang-yu

(Libero) --- Wei Qiu-yue --- Zhu Ting

or at least to play together Zhu Ting, Yuan XY, Gong XY with Wei QY as the setter... I think this will be a killer line-up for the Chinese team! :rolll: :box:

I'm much impressed with the plays of Gong XY as opposite and she's good all-round (as OH, receive, dig, serve, block, and in setting as well recalling her past position)

What do you think?

Edited 2 times, last by samsara ().

• Just spotted some pics of the Chinese NT members and coach Lang Ping dressed in party gowns at Sina Sports... though the event was in the late January 2016, the pics still capture the attention, not often to see them in these beautiful outfits, esp. the cute Wei in red is very eye-catching :rose: :heart:

The 2015 CCTV Sports Awards held in Beijing National Stadium on January 24, 2016: the Chinese Women's Volleyball Team won the Award for The Best Team and Jenny Lang Ping was awarded as The Best Coach.

Wei Qiu-yue, Zeng Chun-lei, Zhu Ting and Yuan Xin-yue represented the team on the stage in the Awards Ceremony (2016.01.24). Also spotted the presence of Lin Li and Wang Mengjie.

Yan Ni, Lang Ping, and Zheng Yi-xin... look at how pretty Zheng Yi-xin here, I even can't recognize her appearance :heart: :rose: