Chinese NT 2016

• maybe Xia Ding and Jingsi Shen are enough at the moment :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Not sure about this but some one just commented at youtube that Yan Ni had some slight injury on her shoulder right before the Week 1 of WGP, thus she wasn't played at all. No source of info is given.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It's much a blessing if a national volleyball team is granted with a player as talented as Zhu Ting, and no sane team should ever refuse a player of such quality. So the Chinese team is lucky to have her, and she's the integral part of the Chinese strength.

I firmly don't buy into the notion that any single nation is able to build multiple "A" teams of the same quality, and all pose the capability to beat the strongest opponents from other nations. It's just some exaggeration, and suits the bragging-style exchanges :super: it's a kind of a Hollywood's Rambo or Superman genre... lol :cheesy:

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Training roster: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2016/0616/1955.html
    Side: http://www.volleychina.org/b/2016/0329/1831.html

The roster of U18 NT for Junior Games among China, Japan and South Korea (Chinese: 中日韩青少年运动会)
    Head Coach: Xu Jian-de
    Assistant Coaches: Zhang Ming-wei, Dou Meng

S - Chen Fang-lin, Sun Yan
    OP - Sun Xiao-xuan, Wang Yi-zhu
    OH - Chen Bo-ya, Sun Ruo-jing, Liu Xiao-yi, Liu Jing-jing
    MB - Liang Wei-fan, Wang Lu, Jiao Dian, Wu Meng-jie
    L - Zhao Xue-ning, Ni Fei-fan

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

Edited once, last by tomen ().

• Read a brief info that the youth games among China, Japan and South Korea (East Asian) will be held in Ningbo city, Zhejiang, China's eastern coastal province on August 23-29, 2016.

• AFTER completing the TWO-week WGP matches, now I wanna tweak a bit my selection of the CHN NT 12 Olympians for Rio OG as follows:

OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning
    MB: Yuan Xin-yue, Xu Yun-li, Yan Ni
    OP: Gong Xiang-yu, Yang Fang-xu
    S: Ding Xia, [Wei Qiu-yue / Shen Jing-si... choose 1 of 2)
    L: Lin Li, yet I don't believe the CHN team will opt such radical idea to have just one libero, thus a choice between [Chen Zhan / Wang Meng-jie... pick 1 of 2]

And the last berth among [Yang Jun-jing / Hui Ruo-qi / Zeng Chun-lei... in arbitrary order, choose 1 of 3]

Personally I prefer to have Yang Jun-jing, she shows more stability over Hui or Zeng!

• My guess is Lang Ping will not put 4 MBs for the Olympics.

OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Hui Ruo-qi / [I still need to see the performace of Liu Yan-han and Liu Xiao-tong]
    MB: Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li / [Yang Jun-jing was not in the team for WGP week 1 and 2]
    OPP: Yang Fang-xu, Zeng Chun-lei [Gong Xiang-yu is good but I don't think Lang Ping will choose her over the 2 opposites]
    S: Ding Xia, [Shen Jing-si or Wei Qui-yue] (Wei was not in the team for WGP week 1 and 2)
    L: Lin Li and/or Chen Zhan

• An excerpt from the news conference after the match of CHN v BRA (held in Macau, 2016-06-19) by the head coach Lang Ping to the local media:

At a news conference after the match, head coach Lang Ping thinks the key to that victory lied in the blocking sector, she says the victory over Brazil significantly promotes the morale and confidence of the entire team. Everyone in order to prepare for the coming Rio Olympic Games, has been working very hard and is facing some tension, so congratulations to the girls that they're able to play well, and feels happy for them. Being pleased, Lang Ping also points out, the players are still somewhat lacking in their stability and capability to adapt themselves to changes, and she thinks that they need to pay more attention to deal with those opposing players having the powerful serves. Captain Hui Ruo-qi says the match victory is the result of years of arduous training, this time against the Brazilian team the victory can even be accomplished within three sets is very much unexpected. She says the Chinese team will have lots of preparation after this tournament, and must have confidence in own's capability, hope this victory will help the team to perform even more remarkably after this event.

http://www.volleychina.org/nw/2016/0619/1982.html

• Week 3:
    S - Shen Jing-si, Ding Xia
    OP - Zeng Chun-lei, Yang Fang-xu, Gong Xiang-yu
    OH - Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Hui Ruo-qi, Liu Xiao-tong
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Xu Yun-li
    L - Lin Li, Chen Zhan

Only Liu Xiao-tong replaced Liu Yan-han.
    Wei is still out.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yang Jun-jing is nowhere to be seen either. Now I think Yang's chance for Rio is diminishing,,, there are many excellent candidates in her post.

• The head coach Lang Ping answered some media questions when attended the press conference in Hong Kong yesterday (6/22):

Asked why it's Shen Jing-si who attended the joint team press conference, Lang Ping replied: "Our two captains (Hui Ruo-qi and Zeng Chun-lei) had a fever, they suffered some inflammation, but this is a part of the competition, hope they'll get well soon. Mentioning about the Chinese women's volleyball injury, the most concern to the outside world is the comeback of Hui Ruo-qi after a serious illness. Lang Ping said: now the health condition of Hui Ruo-qi backs to the pretty good state, after all she already took rest for more than one year. I hope she's fully recovered, all along [I'm] willing to face the reality, how much she is able to practice, to what capacity she can take, just let the nature take its course. Team achievement is important, but team member's health condition is more important."

In the past two legs, the CHN NT has not suffered any defeat, however coach Lang said: "[the coach] put no pressure to the team, nevertheless, to win more is the better. Anyhow, in this grand prix each team has its own purpose, to use this competition for line-up drilling as well as to experiment with some team configurations." She again said that the team do not pursue much the outcome in Hong Kong, "after all, the team is quite young, many of the team members have not taken part in the Olympic Games, have the expectations to have them accumulate the match experiences [in this tournament]."

Furthermore, Lang Ping also said spoke about the just 19-years-old starlet Gong Xiang-yu, she's still performing a far cry from what she believes is the player's [real] capability, "the audience may possibly see her spikes are good, actually in the eyes of coach, she has some deficiencies, such as in defense and serve faults. Her journey is still far, hope she has a faster growth (be more mature), and media has less flattering, doesn't cause pressure to her."

http://sports.sina.com.cn/othe…doc-ifxtmweh2346039.shtml

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• I wonder who are these 7 Main Players and I think it's safe to say that they'll go to Rio.
    1. Zhu Ting
    2. Zhang Changning or Huo Ruoqi
    3. Yuan Xinyue
    4. Yan Ni or Xu Yunli
    5. Lin Li
    6. Ding Xia or Shen Jingsi
    7. Zeng Chunlei or Yang Fangxu or Gong Xiangyu

PS: Bold names are surely going to Rio(imo)