Russian NT 2016

• This is Yuri Marichev, making weird decisions are his specialty :obey: :obey: .

Yeah well, it could have gone worse. He still could have invited Matienko back.

But seriously, after the story with Gamova and Startseva missing CL F4 at a time when there was a lot of talk about meldonium, it looks strange. Gamova retiring just before the Olympics, Startseva being cut in favor of Vetrova... ?(

• these doping theories are just ridiculous....now every justification it is cause of doping. they just played Grand Prix over how many countries, do you think they were not tested?

All these years playing outside....they dont test them only in Russia! If you have no proof yet of their doping its incredibly unhuman even to predict that. I wonder if it was with you all.....if you would like..... If it ever come out that she indeed used doping, then you beat them as much you want, but until then, this is just prejudice.

• NO! This is ridiculous. Startseva ;( ;( ;( ;(

Now the team lost another reliable server in Startseva. I also agree that bringing a 4th OH would prove to be more beneficial than taking Ezhova, her defensive skills don't impress me. Only good thing about Vetrova is she is from Dinamo moscow, so I expect she has good connection with Goncharova/Fetisova if that even matters..

• Yeah well, it could have gone worse. He still could have invited Matienko back.

But seriously, after the story with Gamova and Startseva missing CL F4 at a time when there was a lot of talk about meldonium, it looks strange. Gamova retiring just before the Olympics, Startseva being cut in favor of Vetrova... ?(

what was the story btw them (gamova-marichev)?

• these doping theories are just ridiculous....now every justification it is cause of doping. they just played Grand Prix over how many countries, do you think they were not tested?

All these years playing outside....they dont test them only in Russia! If you have no proof yet of their doping its incredibly unhuman even to predict that. I wonder if it was with you all.....if you would like..... If it ever come out that she indeed used doping, then you beat them as much you want, but until then, this is just prejudice.

x2

Seems now any Russian athlete is guilty until proven innocent :aww:

• They want to surprise everyone all the time, don't they? In 2008 back then they cut Safronova and brought Fateeva and Pasynkova who had almost zero experience and in 2012 Makhno didn't make the cut and now Startseva staying home while Vetrova going to the Olympics. It must be related to the doping issue. Anyhow I feel sad not seeing Startseva in the roster, despite her disastrous reverse sets I think she's still the best Russian setter.

If he was ever thinking of bringing Voronkova back, why the heck wasn't she given a chance during WGP? And what about Ezhova :aww:
    If anything happens to Kosheleva, that's gonna mean Russia are screwed.

I will support the team for sure, however my expectations for now are nearly zero.

• Now the team lost another reliable server in Startseva. I also agree that bringing a 4th OH would prove to be more beneficial than taking Ezhova, her defensive skills don't impress me. Only good thing about Vetrova is she is from Dinamo moscow, so I expect she has good connection with Goncharova/Fetisova if that even matters..

She's also a good defender, just like Pankova is. I think dropping Ilchenko in favour of 2nd libero is a mistake. The goss says that Kosheleva is still unwell and we may see lots of Voronkova. Anyway, could have been worse + should be fun to watch.

• Marichev :wall: They've lost a good server in Startseva while Vetrova doesn't add anything to the team. And Voronkova for Ilchenko? Oh man, Shcherban is gonna die of exhaustion. :sos: I guess he believes Voronkova will be a better sub for Koshe. I think Shcherban's reception will be the single biggest factor on how well they play.

x2
    Seems now any Russian athlete is guilty until proven innocent :aww:

Considering how stringent the new IOC criteria for the Russian participants are, they will most likely be the cleanest ones in Rio. But some just choose believe the nonsensical dribble fed by the media instead of facts. As a Brit I hate the holier than thou attitude of the british media. The same Dr Rodchenkov used to accuse Paula Radcliffe the marathon queen of blood doping and she had abnormal results in 2008 which Sir Craig Reedie the WADA president helped to keep from going public. And no one talks about China's lab being suspended since April?

To the curious and the uninformed, this is an example of how Russians are to be presented to CAS before they are cleared to go.
    http://www.itftennis.com/news/234939.aspx

• I'm surprised seeing Startseva and Ilchenko out, while Vetrova and Ezhova are in :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

My theory is that both Startseva and Gamova are clean now and also during WGP, but probably they were found positive in the past. Russian federation knows about this so in order to avoid future troubles, after the list of the positive Russian athletes will become public, with the risk of getting canceled a possible medal, they decided to just let these two players out. Indeed, what would have happened if Dinamo Kazan won the CL three months ago, or if Russia won a medal at Rio2016 with two of their players suspected to be doped in the past? It's quite likely that those results will be canceled and the medals won would have to be given back...

• Of course people will suspect about doping of any Russian athlete right now. To think this is some kind of prejudice is laughable.
    The Russian government is involved in all of this, for God's sake!

• Of course people will suspect about doping of any Russian athlete right now. To think this is some kind of prejudice is laughable.

Fully agree with you.

I think it is, as it is to think that all muslins are terrorists, or should I be consider corrupt then as well, cause Im brasilian and brasilian government is involved with all this corruption.....bottle line....No, Im not corrupt and I'd hate that people would accuse me of that because Brazilian government is and so many brazilians are..... I think it is a generalization..and that imo is prejudice...

• ^ reaching much?

Startseva's been the backup setter during the entire Olympic period. She played the WGP until a few weeks ago. Marichev decides to take someone completely random instead of her out of the blue and there's still people who think we shouldn't be suspicious about all of this, especially when there's a huge case of government-based doping going on? Please. No one can be this naive.

• ^ reaching much?

Startseva's been the backup setter during the entire Olympic period. She played the WGP until a few weeks ago. Marichev decides to take someone completely random instead of her out of the blue and there's still people who think we shouldn't be suspicious about all of this, especially when there's a huge case of government-based doping going on? Please. No one can be this naive.

agree, someone just must be suspicious and looks that Startseva can be :whistle: better cut her out now before something scandalous will be published

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Im not saying she is clean, I honestly dont know....Im just saying that now everything is doping for Russia athletes...and I think it is not right to assume that without proof.

Jaqueline was once caught in doping, a serious one. So now because of that I should assume Murilo is out, not cause he is injuried or whatever, but must be cause he is not clean as well, after all it is in the family history? Is it that different...honestly.....

So if we go from there, why should there is still cycling in Olympics? Lance revealed a major doping scheme in the sport. What about Brazil's athletics? They also discovered not so long ago a huge doping scheme in all brazilian athletics, not one or two athletes...what about that....If we start accusing everyone just by assuptions.....God save sports...

• I think it is, as it is to think that all muslins are terrorists, or should I be consider corrupt then as well, cause Im brasilian and brasilian government is involved with all this corruption.....bottle line....No, Im not corrupt and I'd hate that people would accuse me of that because Brazilian government is and so many brazilians are..... I think it is a generalization..and that imo is prejudice...

Please Joana, don't be so disonest! Come one, I am NOT talking about Russian as a nation or Russian population, I am talking about Russian ATHLETES! The government is involved in one of the worst doping scandalwe've ever seen. Startseva and Gamova disappear out of nowhere, then Gamova retires, then Startseva gets cut out of nowhere. Not to mention Kosheleva not playing a single match this year, Musersky getting cut...you honestly think all of this is NOT weird? Oh God :aww: :aww: :aww:

Are you a politician?! If you were, then, YES!, I would probably think you are corrupt, because as we all know most of our politicians are. But you are not a politician, as you are not a Russian athlete, so no, I won't think you are corrupt or that you are involved in doping scandals.