Dutch NT 2016

• New season :)

Candidates for roster :

S : Laura Dijkema, Femke Stoltenborg, Britt Bongaerts
    OPP : Lonneke Slöetjes, Judith Pietersen, Deborah Van Daelen
    OH : Maret Balkestein-Grothues, Celeste Plak, Anne Buijs, Kim Renkema, Esther Van Berkel
    MB : Quinta Steenbergen, Robin de Kuijf, Yvon Beliën, Nicole Koolhas, Jeanine Stoeten, Carlijn Jans
    L : Debby Pilon-Stam, Myrthe Schoot, Kirstin Knip, Quirine Oosterveld

Fingers crossed :super:

• Dutch NT travels to OGQT in Tokyo today.

No surprises in roster:

S: Dijkema, Stoltenborg

Opp: Sloetjes

L: Stam, Schoot, Knip

MB: Beliën, De Kruijf, Steenbergen, Koolhaas

OH: Grothues, Plak, Buijs, Pietersen.

In Japan, Dutch NT will play friendlies with Japan and Italy. They will stay at NEC-trainingcentre

All Dutch matches will be streamed at http://www.nos.nl (Dutch IP necessary)

video of pressconference ==> https://www.facebook.com/NederlandsDamesVolleybalteam

New jersey:

https://www.facebook.com/Neder…970903511/?type=3&theater

• Seriously if Buijs will continue to play like she did last 3 month I really doubt they can achieve more than 3rd or 4th place but at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

• Seriously if Buijs will continue to play like she did last 3 month I really doubt they can achieve more than 3rd or 4th place but at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

We will see..she is not stable enough for Vakifbank, so I think it is a correct decision she will leave...but, in Dutch NT she is still a valuable player, especially in attack.

• If Anne has a bad day, Judith will be ready to replace her. She played awesome in Scandicci as OH :win:

• She has been out of NT since 9 years ago and even now she's busy with studies and something else than volleyball. Besides, there are similar and younger players (Buijs, Pietersen and Plak) in NT.

Are you serious on that? I think it would take a massive effort for this Dutch team to throw away the Olympics.

• No Esther van Berkel and Quirine Oosterveld in National Team,they are a beach-couple from now on.

• Some short notes:

- the players have some days off...on Monday a kind of B-team will fly to Montreux. Some players will stay behind at Papendal to recover from injuries or just to rest.

- Laura DIjkema will sign her contract in Novara on Thursday.

- Debby Stam will retire after the Olympics..both for NT and club.

• Dutch NT will travel to Montreux tomorrow...

About the new players in roster:

I hope Bongaerts will be main setter, at least in some matches. She is a very talented setter. Technically really strong and quite tall...She already played a good season in Aachen (Ladies in Black).

In one or two years at most, she will pass Stoltenborg.

Nicole Oude Luttikhuis is called, despite her height, a defensive OH..because of her good receiving skills...(some called her 'new Debby Stam' ). She made her debut in previous Montreux-tournament.

Celia Diemkoudre is an opposite, who will play in Paris, next season. To be honest, I don't know much about her...she is already 23/24 years old...

Tessa Polder is a MB who has always played for Dutch Youth/Junior Teams.

• In extended NT-roster are also

Nika Daalderop: she is an Opp/OH) who is currently performing on the beach..Her time will come soon...She got awarded as most promising Dutch player recently..

Marlies Wagendorp: she is a 1.93m tall MB, who will play for Rote Raben Vilsbiburg next season.

EDIT: some additional info at FIVB-WGP-page

http://worldgrandprix.2016.fiv…s/ned-netherlands/players

• I have seen some matches which Celia Diemkoudre played and I can say she's not a NT material yet (She's already 24 in June) as she's quite short and doesn't have sufficiently good skills to cover her disadvantage. And I couldn't agree more about Bongaerts. Stoltenborg drives me crazy with her awful setting techniques.

Most importantly, is De Kruijf recovered already? Or is she just traveling with the team?

I presume the last two players who will be cut are Koolhas and either Schoot or Knip.

• I have seen some matches which Celia Diemkoudre played and I can say she's not a NT material yet (She's already 24 in June) as she's quite short and doesn't have sufficiently good skills to cover her disadvantage. And I couldn't agree more about Bongaerts. Stoltenborg drives me crazy with her awful setting techniques.

Most importantly, is De Kruijf recovered already? Or is she just traveling with the team?

I presume the last two players who will be cut are Koolhas and either Schoot or Knip.

Yes, De Kruijf is healthy again.

100 % sure Koolhaas will be cut for OG !! And indeed, I presume Schoot or Knip will be 2nd...

• Manon Flier goes to Rio 2016? ;(