Dutch NT 2016

• Only difference would be Meijners is offensive OH and 29 years old, and Cate defensive and 22

Someone can understand me in this forum! Thank you!

Guys, I don't know how you read things, but I said Meijners is a terrible player according to my standards which I explained above. I prefer Cate over her, at least she looks like a volleyball player while Meijners looks like a basketball player converted to volleyball when she was 18.

This is always a nice discussion in volleyball and it is very subjective. Some people love watching hard spikes, huge hits, jump serves while some of us prefer more technical players who knows this sport by heart, can read the opponents, digs, receives and hits smart. Meijners is a perfect choice if you want to get the attention of fans that watches volleyball matches 5 times a year since they will be "wooooow, what a huge hit, she is amazing". :wavy:

• If Meijners is a offensive OH, why are you complaining about her passing and defense skills?!

• Because she is still an OH, not an OPP.

That's why I still think she is way better than Bosetti, who simply can't attack and does not have such a great passing skill as people tend to talk about.
    Don't label the OHs as deffensive or offensive, if they are simply OHs and should be all around.

• Meijners alone carried Piacenza to Italy Cup and Serie A1 finals. Plak is so wild and I really like her, but there's no way to compare them, Floortje is on another level.

• If an OH needs 15 attempts to kill a single ball, she better be a damn Brenda Castillo in defence to make up for it. And, let's face it, none of them are.
    These "defensive OHs" whose only purpose is to basically exist on the court while the others play around them are my least favourite thing in modern volleyball.

• I think all of you would choose Kosheleva over any other world class defensive OH player. Because you need points to win the matche.

• Poor Floortje, one bad season in Turkey and she has been talked as though she's so useless and talentless (by only 2 persons :roll: ) Comparison with Caterina? My goodness...

• Poor Floortje, one bad season in Turkey and she has been talked as though she's so useless and talentless (by only 2 persons :roll: ) Comparison with Caterina? My goodness...

The most funny fact is that italian fans don't want in their teams players coming back from Turkey because once they're back they suck or they're the shadows of their former selves (see Bauer for example). Turkish fans on the other hand are always complaining about everything, even Kiraly himself wouldn't be enough for them in their league. :rolll:

• The most funny fact is that italian fans don't want in their teams players coming back from Turkey because once they're back they suck or they're the shadows of their former selves (see Bauer for example). Turkish fans on the other hand are always complaining about everything, even Kiraly himself wouldn't be enough for them in their league. :rolll:

You just completed my sentence. For that reason I can't wait to see Robin and Anne in their new clubs.

• Wow! You guys are being mean, thanks for making me the target for sharing my opinion in a rational way. Yes I prefer Del Core, Larson, Gozde Sonsirma...to Meijners and Kosheleva. Kosheleva kills most sets she get and does what is expected from her but Meijners is also known of making silly attacking errors in critical moments. In general I think serves in Italian league are much easier to receive than Turkish league and that's why you guys think Meijners, who was trashed in the Turkish league shines when she is once back to Italy. Keep comparing apples with bananas...

• And this is Dutch NT's thread :)

I wouldn't say Flo was trashed, wow, you must really hate her to use that word.

• And this is Dutch NT's thread :)

I wouldn't say Flo was trashed, wow, you must really hate her to use that word.

Funny that you always try to end up a conversation by remind which thread we are. I can delete my irrelevant comments later.

I don't hate Meijners' personality, indeed she looked like a very friendly and helpful person on court when I watched her live. But that does not mean I would like her volleyball style because clearly compared to most people here, I appreciate some other volleyball related attributes and don't care how beautiful a player looks.

• @USAVolly...

Yes I would LOVE to have Zhu Thing and Kosheleva in my team. They don't need perfect setter or perfect sets.

• In preparation of the Olympic Games,Dutch NT will play 2 friendlies against Korea, at 25/7 in Rotterdam and 26/7 in Apeldoorn. Both matches start at 7 PM CET.