Dutch NT 2016

• People said exactly the same when he took over Dutch NT. Look where they are now :whistle:

steenbergen is gonna retire. stam probably too.
    and if sloetjes misses any time for whatever reason, you can basically write them off in any tournament.

guidetti needs to develop new players, period. but i don't see any good young talents.
    btw, i think european runner-up last year is probably gonna be their top achievement under him.

• @ Iche59

Correct. Both Steenbergen and Stam will retire after Rio...it will be a big loss.

Certainly the amount of quality players is very limited. Guidetti stressed this problem in the press-statement.

The problem is: Dutch League is almost non-existent..only when young players go abroad, they will become better.

Nicole Oude Luttikhuis (OH, Aachen) and Marlies Wagendorp (MB, Rote Raben) will play next season in Bundesliga. Celia Diemkoudre will play in French League (Paris). Britt Bongaerts (S) will play for Münster next season.

Also Tessa Polder (MB) will leave Dutch League and I expect Nika Daalderop to do so as well.

Did you know Yvon Beliën and Celeste Plak three years ago? They played in Dutch League... and look what level they are playing now..

• guidetti got a hard job. they just dont have enough quality players for him to work with.

But it's still much better than the German NT, where there is not even one good promising young talent of the same quality as Kozuch, Fürst, Grün, Pachale and so on... ok they have good liberos and decent setters but the level in the other positions is very very low.

• But it's still much better than the German NT, where there is not even one good promising young talent of the same quality as Kozuch, Fürst, Grün, Pachale and so on... ok they have good liberos and decent setters but the level in the other positions is very very low.

It's off topic here but I can't leave this uncommented ;)
    Hanna Orthmann is an outstanding talent for OH/OPP position, if she keeps developing well she can be a dominant players in some years. Also Louisa Lippmann performed very in WGP this year, IMO better than Kozuch did when she was the same age :whistle:

• It's off topic here but I can't leave this uncommented ;)
    Hanna Orthmann is an outstanding talent for OH/OPP position, if she keeps developing well she can be a dominant players in some years. Also Louisa Lippmann performed very in WGP this year, IMO better than Kozuch did when she was the same age :whistle:

I hope you are right, but the same things were said few years ago about Geerties, Izquierdo, Hippe...but none of them actually seems to be able to develop into a world class player. They're very normal players, nothing special. I hope for Germany this Orthmann will develop better than them otherwise this NT is gonna have big troubles in the future..

• Tessa Polder, 18 years old MB will play for Aachen next season.

• Looks like Debby might consider playing for clubs if the conditions are right from her youtube interview...

• Looks like Debby might consider playing for clubs if the conditions are right from her youtube interview...

She would be just perfect for Busto, since the other OH will be Brayelin Martinez and they're looking for a very strong receiving OH.

• I'm so happy for Manon and Reinder. :rose: I wonder if they want to raise their baby girl as a volleyball player in the future :D I want to ask this question to Debby and her baby boy :D

• Netherlands lost to South Korea in a friendly match.

NED- KOR 1:3 (23:25, 25:18, 20:25, 23:25).

No info about line-ups.

• Yep, it must have been a meaningful loss, I hope they learned something. I couldn't find any better info aside from knowing Plak being the best scorer on Dutch side with 20 points and Slöetjes with 19 points.

Tonight they will play the 2nd match in Apeldoorn (Such a beautiful city :D ).

• Netherlands started with: Beliën, Plak, De Kruijf, Balkestein-Grothues, Slöetjes, Dijkema and Stam-Pilon. After the second set Pietersen came in for Balkestein and Schoot for Stam. In the fourth set Steenbergen subbed Slöetjes as diagonal :D (according to the report on volleybal.nl website).