Polish NT 2016

• To be honest it would not be that bad at WGP. The starting 6 will be something like Wołosz-Ganszczyk-Tokarska-Tomsia-Mucha-Grajber-Krzos. Maybe Grejman or Durajczyk or Polańska. It's quite good team of course nothing extraordinary but we should win in second division.

Both Grajber and Mucha have good reception and got MVPs this week ;)

• Both Grajber and Mucha have good reception and got MVPs this week ;)

You're right but I'm afraid our smart coach will try Tomsia or Smarzek as OH. Zaroslinska will play as Opp (cause she's left-handed) + Kaliszuk :D That would be funny but Makowski in 2014 tried on the same time Twardowska-Wójcik and Korabiec :D

• it would be too much mess trying 2 OPs on court simultaneously once again, not many OHs and liberos can deal with it in terms of passing only by 2 players...
    on the other hand Kaliszuk should train and play more as OH becuase I don't see future for her as OP...

I wonder what is with Kinga Kasprzak now :D I heard something about being overweight and solved contract :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• But the reason coaches try to put 2 OPPs on court is to improve offense but Kaliszuk is really bad at attacking lately and I can't remember when she was better than 35-40% in attack.

Anyway I could imagine having Smarzek or Tomsia with Zaroślińska but it would have to be really well organised. Actually I can't see why Smarzek can't play as OH who has 1m of court to receive.

• http://www.pzps.pl/Sklad-Repre…Lige-Europejska-2016.html

Polish NT for European League:

Adriana Adamek
    Paulina Bałdyga
    Monika Bociek
    Magdalena Damaske
    Zuzanna Efimienko-Młotkowska
    Patrycja Flakus
    Natalia Gajewska
    Alicja Grabka
    Martyna Grajber
    Klaudia Grzelak
    Magdalena Hawryła
    Agnieszka Kąkolewska
    Aleksandra Krzos
    Kornelia Moskwa
    Emilia Mucha
    Daria Paszek
    Marlena Pleśnierowicz
    Agata Sawicka
    Agata Skiba
    Malwina Smarzek
    Ewelina Tobiasz
    Aleksandra Trojan
    Julia Twardowska
    Aleksandra Wójcik

Actually, a lot of players are there, the roster looks very similar to the general one. I'm surprised to see Sawicka among all these younger girls :P

• and with positions:
    S: Gajewska, Pleśnierowicz, Tobiasz, Bałdyga, Grabka
    OP: Smarzek, Twardowska (also OH), Bociek (also OH), Flakus
    OH: Wójcik, Paszek, Damaske, Mucha, Grajber, Grzelak, Skiba
    MB: Efimienko-Młotkowska, Kąkolewska, Trojan, Moskwa, Hawryła
    L: Sawicka, Krzos, Adamek

I'm surprised seeing Sawicka here as well :D

I wonder who'll be called to WGP wide roster and who'll play as main team in WGP :D

• So basically it means that Grejman, Wołosz, Zaroślińska, Tomsia, Tokarska, Durajczyk, Polańska and Ganszczyk are 100% in WGP final roster.

S: Wołosz
    MB: Tokarska, Ganszczyk, Polańska
    OP: Tomsia, Zaroślińska
    OH: Grejman
    L: Durajczyk

So the rest will be decided on NT camp and we need 1 setter, 1 MB, 1 libero, 3 OHs.

• I think our 14 for WGP might probably look like this:

S: Wołosz, Pleśnierowicz
    OPP: Zaroślińska, Tomsia
    OH: Grejman, Mucha, Grajber, Kaliszuk/Twardowska
    MB: Tokarska, Ganszczyk, Polańska, Efimienko-Młotkowska/Kąkolewska
    L: Durajczyk, Sawicka/Krzos
    (Or possibly Smarzek instead of Efimienko/Kąkolewska.)

I don't think Nawrocki will give a chance in WGP to Skiba, she will rather play in EL. The same Hawryła. Ala Grabka is talented but still very young... And both Gajewska and Tobiasz aren't ready to play in "A" national team yet... but who knows? ;) At all, we've got a lot of setters in NT this year.

• The team gathered in Szczyrk today. Zaroslińska and Tokarska are absent due to health issues. They will train in 2 teams (14 for WGP and 14 for EL).

NT will play friendly matches against Germany and Czech Republic but there is no further info right now. At the end of May also friendlies with Brasil.

• I read that Poland won't play against Brazil because first WGP tournament will be played in Poland, not in Argenitna :wavy: because of that Polish NT won't fly to South America... :whistle:
    source: http://siatka.org/pokaz/polki-…o-z-czeszkami-i-niemkami/

• Friendly matches between "A" and "B" NTs:
    A NT – B NT 3:2 (25:17, 25:20, 19:25, 20:25, 15:10)

A: Polańska, Ganszczyk, Grejman, Tomsia, Kaliszuk, Durajczyk (L), Smarzek, Mucha, Grabka, Skiba, Adamek (L), Trojan, Moskwa
    B: Sawicka, Tobiasz, Efimienko, Krzos (L), Twardowska, Grajber, Hawryła, Pleśnierowicz, Damaske, Kąkolewska, Trojan, Moskwa, Bociek, Grzelak, Flakus

A NT– B NT 1:3 (24:26, 25:27, 14:25, 25:22)

A: Ganszczyk, Grejman, Tomsia, Kaliszuk, Durajczyk (L), Smarzek, Mucha, Grabka, Skiba, Adamek (L), Trojan, Moskwa
    B: Sawicka, Tobiasz, Efimienko, Krzos (L), Twardowska, Grajber, Hawryła, Pleśnierowicz, Damaske, Kąkolewska, Bociek, Grzelak, Flakus

As we can see some girls like Wołosz, Wójcik, Bałdyga, Jasek or Gajewska didn't play at all.
    It seems to me that Sawicka isn't playing as libero (just for substitution?) and Grabka is in the first roster even though she is the youngest setter :D

• Poland - Czech Republic 3:1 ( 23:25, 25:16, 25:18, 25:18 ). Additional set 25-20 for CZE.

Poland: Grejman, Tomsia, Efimienko, Kaliszuk, Wołosz, Kąkolewska, Durajczyk (L) – Krzos (L), Twardowska, Hawryła, Smarzek, Mucha, Pleśnierowicz, Moskwa

stats: https://www.facebook.com/asiaw…597147596/?type=3&theater

• Poland – Czech Republic 3:0 (26:24, 25:22, 25:23) in a second friendly match. Additional set: 29:27 for Poland.

Poland: Grejman, Tomsia, Efimienko, Kaliszuk, Wołosz, Kąkolewska, Durajczyk (L) – Sawicka (L), Twardowska, Hawryła, Smarzek, Mucha, Pleśnierowicz, Moskwa, Grabka, Damaske, Flakus,
    Czech Republic: Kossanyiova, Trnkova, Vincourova, Purchartova, Mlejnkova, Rossi, Dostalova (L) – Smutna Hodanova, Vyklicka, Nachmilnerova, Kojdova, Toufarova, Rutarova

stats: http://www.pzps.pl/Polska-Czec…reprezentacji-kobiet.html

• If Tomsia plays like this all the time maybe we will finally advance to WGP I :). But overall good matches by her, Kąkolewska, Grejman, Mucha, Kaliszuk and Wołosz ;)

• nice interview :thumbsup:

• Friendly matches with German NT:
    Poland (for European League)-Germany 3:0
    Poland: Grabka, Bociek, Moskwa, Trojan, Twardowska, Mucha, Krzos (L) - Flakus, Wójcik, Grzelak

Poland - Germany 2:1
    Poland: Wołosz, Tomsia, Kąkolewska, Efimienko, Kaliszuk, Grejman, Sawicka (L) - Hawryła, Smarzek, Grajber, Pleśnierowicz.

Poland – Germany 2:2 (25:22, 19:25, 25:21, 21:25)
    Poland: Ganszczyk, Grejman, Tomsia, Kaliszuk, Wołosz, Hawryła, Sawicka (L) – Smarzek, Mucha, Pleśnierowicz, Kąkolewska
    Germany: Hanke, Poll, Kauffeldt, Lippmann, Orthmann, Silge, Dűrr (L) – Dreblow (L), Izquierdo, Möllers, Schwabe, Hindriksen

Poland – Germany 1:1 (25:20, 20:25)
    Poland: Hawryła, Smarzek, Mucha, Pleśnierowicz, Skiba, Kąkolewska, Krzos (L) – Jasek, Twardowska
    Germany: Stigrot, Izquierdo, Schölzel, Möllers, Hölzig, Schwertman, Dűrr (L) – Dreblow (L), Hindriksen, Poll

Edit:
    Agata Durajczyk was absent because of her wedding. Congratulations! :rose:

• A very, very sad day for Polish volleyball - coach Andrzej Niemczyk has passed away today. ;( For the second time in his life he was battling with cancer. Just yesterday part of Polish volleyball community started a crowdfunding action to raise money to help him with the recovery.
    He was one of the greatest.
    Thank you, Coach.