2016 / 2017 Transfer News

• More like Guidetti wanted to train almost half the Dutch NT under him! :wavy:

I was actually pretty excited when Kim Hill was going to play for Vakifbank with Sheilla then it turn out that Kim was not a titular from freaking Anne Buijs. :teach:

I bet Turkey was poking hard at Vakifbank for letting that happen hence no Olympics for them. :drink:

I remember Anne was in the starting 6 and Kim wasn't that good at the begining of last season. With the time and Olympics approaching, Kim started to play very well and she got her spot in staring 6. I believe it was fair!
    Anne was playing very good at the begining but later she lost her rythem.

• I remember Anne was in the starting 6 and Kim wasn't that good at the begining of last season. With the time and Olympics approaching, Kim started to play very well and she got her spot in staring 6. I believe it was fair!
    Anne was playing very good at the begining but later she lost her rythem.

I don't remember the anne you're talking about. She almost always gets subbed out. She's basically the biggest reason why they lost a lot of winnable titles back last season.

Both Sheilla(who is an Opposite, I know but she's a brazilian and hits on 4 pretty well) and Kim or maybe Seda can practically replace Anne's whole existence for whatever she was in the club back then but Guidetti simply cannot because of Dutch reasons.

Heck they would probably have won more titles with Sheilla as an Outside Hitter than Anne who was shanking the easiest passes there is on earth. That's how serious I am. :super:

Honestly, i would have like a team of Zhu Ting and Sheilla in it. Two phenomenons from two different generations but Guidetti and his eccentric mind won't let us see one bit. :whistle: I mean Zhu Ting with the most complete opposite of all time and this generation's best talent with Sheilla sounds just too good to be true. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Guidetti played with Slotjes because she is one of the best OP in the word. And it was proved by her being named the best OP in the Olympics.

Robin is one of the best middles in the world as well. When Vakf lost in the CL final Robin was their best score with 14. And just look how well she is playing in Italy.

Anne had a really great start that season, and Kim Hill was a disaster the whole season, but Anne`s level dropped towards the end of the season and Kim Hill only played well in the play offs.

Anne is very unstable, with ups and downs, but when she plays good she plays really well. Just watch how she played the Brazil Cup, very well.

It had nothing to do with Guidetti and the Dutch team.

• Honestly believing that whole scenario is laughable. The best club in the world managed to underperform when Guidetti fooled Vakifbank to do that instead of stabilizing the team by not taking a pretty good defending OH besides Sonsirma.

Guidetti was certainly clever for putting a team of Dutchwomen into his club. He basically calculated everything for the olympics it's so funny

Robin is a pretty good nice middle but certainly not the level of the best Mbs in the world.

For Anne, a broken clock is right atleast twice a day.

What can I say about Sloetjes, not really a good defender tbh. Guidetti is atleast working on it this season.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Robin is a pretty good nice middle but certainly not the level of the best Mbs in the world.

I`m sorry but this is not even up to debate, It is a fact she is one of the very best.

I think u r just pissed because Brazil did not even make to the semis and the Dutch got 4th place, and Sloetjes was named best OP.

And do u know Guidetti a boss? maybe a bunch of bosses? Which means is not like he can do whatever he wants and put to play whoever he wants to. If he was doing what is best for the Dutch team and not Vakf, he would have got his ass fired.

• Why should I get pissed with that? Not even a medal. :white:

You're funny.

Just pointing out that its unquestionable that Guidetti has had a hand on the Vakitbank selection is not worty of my time getting pissed at the Dutch team. Turkish Volleyball federation is probably more pissed at the dutchwomen than I could ever be! :call:

I mean do you really think it's not coincidental that guidetti is now the turkey volleyball coach?

Btw...
    Fact #1 China beat Brazil in 5 sets
    Fact #2 China beat Netherlands in 4 sets
    Fact #3 China won the olympic gold medal

Why should I be pissed with Netherlands if China knocked them both out of the game? Am i pissed with Zhu Ting? :lol:

#FreeBritney

Edited 3 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• Wow this discussion about Anne Buijs is just ridicoulus! Sheilla was nowhere better than Buijs in zone 4. I never watched her receiving but Sheilla was a mediocre opposite when she started playing for Vakifbank. Guidetti brough Slöetjes because they needed someone reliable from zone 2. Besides that, Guidetti was really harsh to Buijs and I don't know how many times she was subbed...Turkish league is quite difficult when it comes to serve receives compared to other leagues, when you look at stats of most players leaving Turkey and moving to Italy, they improve a lot in receiving not because they improved themselves in 2 months, but because serves are softer, this includes Neriman Özsoy and Lucia Bosetti. Especially this season is insane when you look at how teams are performing from the serve line. One more thing, everybody is just telling how Guidetti tried to work with dutch players that's why he transferred them. However he actually benched both Buijs and Robin most of the season in Turkish league, meaning that he actually didnt make a favor at all to these players. Sheilla was terribly weak in Turkey, but who knows, maybe she will shine again once she starts playing in a new country. Oh god, I just remembered how she was stepping on the line while serving in every match :lol:

• Sheilla played a little bit as passing OH in the beginning of her career in Brazilian professional league (she played in Minas circa 2001/2003). They put her in this position because big star Pirv had left the team and they didn't have any other good options to replace her. For someone so young at that time, she was good enough. But now after so much time she couldn't play in this position, both because she hasn't trained her passing skills in so many years, and also because it's obvious she has a hard time spiking on zone 4, both in clubs and NT. It cannot be serious that someone would prefer Sheilla instead of Buijs last year.

• Wow this discussion about Anne Buijs is just ridicoulus! Sheilla was nowhere better than Buijs in zone 4. I never watched her receiving but Sheilla was a mediocre opposite when she started playing for Vakifbank. Guidetti brough Slöetjes because they needed someone reliable from zone 2. Besides that, Guidetti was really harsh to Buijs and I don't know how many times she was subbed...Turkish league is quite difficult when it comes to serve receives compared to other leagues, when you look at stats of most players leaving Turkey and moving to Italy, they improve a lot in receiving not because they improved themselves in 2 months, but because serves are softer, this includes Neriman Özsoy and Lucia Bosetti. Especially this season is insane when you look at how teams are performing from the serve line. One more thing, everybody is just telling how Guidetti tried to work with dutch players that's why he transferred them. However he actually benched both Buijs and Robin most of the season in Turkish league, meaning that he actually didnt make a favor at all to these players. Sheilla was terribly weak in Turkey, but who knows, maybe she will shine again once she starts playing in a new country. Oh god, I just remembered how she was stepping on the line while serving in every match :lol:

That's funny cause you just contradicted yourself. :call:

Honestly saying, You're naive if Guidetti didn't use his connections to further improve the Dutch NT.

That's what's being argued, anyway. Nothing else.

And please, with a team of Zhu Ting, you really don't need a Sloetjes. You probably need players like Sheilla,Zeng Chunlei or Zhang Changning just as Lang Ping has envisioned this team with a Zhu Ting in it. A GOLD OLYMPIC MEdAL Team.

And about the italian league, maybe because the italians have always been better passers than the turks because of team chemistry and the fact they don't have to rely on changing their lineups once every year.

Not that Turkish League have better serves or anything.

And PS. If we are going to use an example of that recetion improvement then might as well not use Anne Buijs for that as she's been terrible for the NT or Rexona.

#FreeBritney

• Sheilla played a little bit as passing OH in the beginning of her career in Brazilian professional league (she played in Minas circa 2001/2003). They put her in this position because big star Pirv had left the team and they didn't have any other good options to replace her. For someone so young at that time, she was good enough. But now after so much time she couldn't play in this position, both because she hasn't trained her passing skills in so many years, and also because it's obvious she has a hard time spiking on zone 4, both in clubs and NT. It cannot be serious that someone would prefer Sheilla instead of Buijs last year.

Sheilla is pretty efficient hitting at zone 4. I don't know where you've been from to say that's not the case. I'll be more hesitant to say if she can pass and still hit the ball though but given Buijs terrible reception then it's really nothing and considering these brazilians are actually all aroubd players...I wouldn't doubt it.

She has lost her shimmer in the back 2 hitting though probably because of the improvement in the heights of teams like Chinese and American OHs to block her. That's been apparent for sometime.

#FreeBritney

• I am sorry but sounds like you have your own personal problems with Gui or The Dutchs. Anne was good at the begining and she dropped her level after a while. Kim started the season very poorly and then during play offs, she was really good.

Sheila has a big carreer that one cannot doubt but she couldn't complete what Vakif and Gui needed. Slotjes was a killer last season and everyone would have choose her over Sheila. Everyone except Sheila fans.

• I am sorry but sounds like you have your own personal problems with Gui or The Dutchs. Anne was good at the begining and she dropped her level after a while. Kim started the season very poorly and then during play offs, she was really good.

Sheila has a big carreer that one cannot doubt but she couldn't complete what Vakif and Gui needed. Slotjes was a killer last season and everyone would have choose her over Sheila. Everyone except Sheila fans.

I don't even know what you're trying at.

No one's saying Sloetjes is not currently a better attacker than Sheilla.

I'm saying Vakifbank should've won more titles last season if they brought in another defensive OH someone who is better than Buijs?!? And a reason why most people think Guidetti did Turkey dirty by bringing in his Dutch Team to train in Turkey?

How hard is that not to understand?

:wall:

#FreeBritney

• Anyway, just keep fooling yourselves that Guidetti didn't had a hand on having 3 dutch players in the club.

It's just laughable anyway...

I won't even respond anymore because I actually find it clever what Guidetti did for the Dutch NT and how he did Turkey dirty in their own backyard.

Absolutely a genius tactic. :drink:

This is why I find discussions of women's volleyball internationally as a complete waste of time because fans accusing fans of fantardism when they're just saying what's true.

#FreeBritney

• fans accusing fans of fantardism when they're just saying what's true.

Just to make it clear, I'm a huge fan o Sheilla's. I admire her a lot for eveything she has done, but wanting her to play as OH when she couldn't kill balls in her original position is what I call insanity.

• Just to make it clear, I'm a huge fan o Sheilla's. I admire her a lot for eveything she has done, but wanting her to play as OH when she couldn't kill balls in her original position is what I call insanity.

Prove the bolded.
    As if Anne Buijs were any better. At the rate she's doing, she won't even get two seasons in Brazil like in Turkey thanks to a young talented OH named Drussyla. :drink:

This is really the last response. Bye.

#FreeBritney

• Prove the bolded.
    As if Anne Buijs were any better. At the rate she's doing, she won't even get two seasons in Brazil like in Turkey thanks to a young talented OH named Drussyla. :drink:

This is really the last response. Bye.

She is not playing well in Brazil, but Mihajlovic wasn't also and still managed to be champions and played very great during the playoffs.
    Normally, foreigners don't renew contract in Brazil mainly because they are too expensive and ask for a increase on their payments.
    Klineman is an exception, and Sarah Pavan was not going to renew but was convinced by the coach after many conversations.

• You are telling things without even motivating them at all. Lets do it your way:

Sheilla has been a weak opposite in Vakifbank

Gio transferred 3 dutch players but used only 1 regularly

Turkish league has much better serve quality - this can also be because of the ball they use in Italy

No, Italians have not always been better passers than Turks.

Italians do indeed change their line ups every year.

:offtopic: