German NT 2016

• DVV president just said in a TV interview that Felix Koslowski will be NT coach this year as well, but it sounded like it might not be a long-term solution. DVV will first look for a successor for Vital Heynen in men NT and after that they will focus on women NT :roll:

There hasn't been much info about players except for Ssuschke and Beier retiring from NT, and I guess Fürst won't be back either. Some others might take a summer off this year, but there have been no official news yet.
    Here is my selection of players who I think could be invited for NT (new players in italic):

S: Mareen Apitz, Denise Hanke, Denise Imoudu, Lena Möllers, Mareike Hindriksen, Irina Kemmsies - I think Weiss is not needed anymore, time to give a chance to the youngsters
    OPP: Margareta Kozuch, Louisa Lippmann, Saskia Hippe, Kimberly Drewniok, Hanna Orthmann (also OH)
    OH: Maren Brinker, Jennifer Geerties, Lisa Izquierdo, Laura Weihenmaier, Jana Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot, Tanja Großer, Katharina Schwabe, Sina Fuchs, Dora Grozer
    MB: Anja Brandt, Wiebke Silge, Jennifer Pettke, Marie Schölzel, Leonie Schwertmann, Barbara Wezorke, Rebecca Schäperklaus, Lisa Gründing
    L: Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen, Janine Völker, Anna Pogany, Claire Bertram, Michaela Bertalanitsch

Probably some of the players won't be invited, but I think this year is the time to try as many players as possible and see who can help NT in the future.

• Looks like the invitations for NT training in May have been sent out, at least Jennifer Pettke said in an interview that she received one. I guess we won't be hearing anything official before the end of club season though...

• Looks like the invitations for NT training in May have been sent out, at least Jennifer Pettke said in an interview that she received one. I guess we won't be hearing anything official before the end of club season though...

These are the players who received a call to the NT and are asked to inform Koslowski if they want to be part of the summer schedule of the NT:
    S: Mareen Apitz, Denise Hanke, Denise Imoudu, Lena Möllers, Irina Kemmsies, KathleenWeiss, Magdalena Gryka

OPP: Margareta Kozuch, Louisa Lippmann, Saskia Hippe, Kimberly Drewniok

OH: Maren Brinker, Heike Baier, Jennifer Geerties, Lisa Izquierdo, Laura Weihenmaier, Jana Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot, Hanna Orthmann, Katharina Schwabe, Dora Grozer, Anne Hölzig

MB: Anja Brandt, Wiebke Silge, Jennifer Pettke, Marie Schölzel, Leonie Schwertmann, Berit Kauffeldt, Christine Fürst

L: Lenka Dürr, Lisa Thomsen, Anna Pogany, Sophie Dreblow

• Weiss has been invited again, I don't know how longer she wants to keep playing in NT or probably she could refuse the invitation? I have watched a few matches of her Czech club (Prostejov) and she was still pretty good. Yet, I'd like to see Apitz and Hanke as setters or even some younger ones from Junior NT. Surprised to see Beier on the list, but she's playing so well in Poland and I think she's still going to be helpful in terms of passing and digging, I'm doubtful if she's ever going to accept the invitation, nonetheless.

Pretty sad that Linda Dorendahl hasn't been given any proper chances to show her up in NT, last year she got fed up with not being able to play as much as she wanted and I don't believe we're going to see her play for NT :(

Apitz-Kozuch
    Brinker-Geerties
    Silge-Brandt
    Dürr

This is realistically the best line up for Germany IMO.

• Garvey, thanks a lot for the names. I'm surprised to see Heike Beier in the list because she told Volleyball Magazin that she ends her NT career. Also surprised to see Fürst in the list again...

Gryka and Hölzig are fair invitations; Hölzig performed well towards the end of the season in Potsdam.

I think it's scandalous that Barbara Wezorke wasn't even invited :wall: She had a much better season than Wiebke Silge, Leonie Schwertmann and Marie Schölzel. And seriously, Berit Kauffeldt is invited again???
    I also miss Janine Völker in the list, in terms of performance she should definitely be there now but since Koslowski sees her every day, I suppose she told him long before that she doesn't want to play NT...

• maybe in beach Brinker will have bigger % in spiking :win:

• I don't think she'll get to attack that often, every opponent will serve on Weiss so she also has to attack :D

But with two more from the "old" generation being out, I wonder what Kozuch will do...I would prefer a mixed team of young and experienced players so the older ones can help the younger ones, but right now it looks like this summer there'll be a whole new team.

• As stated here, Maren Brinker and Kathleen Weiss will not play NT this summer but play beach volleyball together :what:

This is'nt a first. They had played beach volleyball together before. Here are the photos from OHA City-Beach-Cup, local tournamet at Germany.
    http://www.harzkurier.de/fotos…89145.html?&index=3&hmc=8

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• FIVB site lists 21 players in the roster for WGP.

S: Mareike Hindriksen, Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers, Denise Imoudu
    OPP: Saskia Hippe, Kimberly Drewniok, Louisa Lippmann, Hanna Orthmann (also OH)
    OH: Jana Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot, Lisa Izquierdo, Katharina Schwabe, Anne Hölzig
    MB: Jennifer Pettke, Berit Kauffeldt, Marie Schölzel, Wiebke Silge, Leonie Schwertmann
    L: Lenka Dürr, Sophie Dreblow, Anna Pogany

Many new names and many missing names. It's not too big a surprise that the "old" players take a rest this summer, but also Brandt, Geerties, Weihenmaier are not there :S

I think it's good that there are many new young players, but I don't expect German team to win (m)any matches in WGP this year.

• Saskia Hippe? Ok,that is a surprise. I think she never play under a National Coach Koslowski.

The Roster is ok for this Year. I don't unterstand why Orthmann. Sie play U19 EM Quali and i think she need a break.

• Saskia Hippe? Ok,that is a surprise. I think she never play under a National Coach Koslowski.

The Roster is ok for this Year. I don't unterstand why Orthmann. Sie play U19 EM Quali and i think she need a break.

Hippe is there with shirt #6 and I think this might mean she won't come. Usually she plays with #13, which is Izquierdo's number now.

Orthmann is the biggest talent we have in Germany, I'm very happy that she's there and I hope she can learn a lot.

No Apitz no Stock :(

As long as Stock stays in Dresden and plays something like 5 sets per season, she won't make it to NT :S

• Hippe is there with shirt #6 and I think this might mean she won't come. Usually she plays with #13, which is Izquierdo's number now.

Orthmann is the biggest talent we have in Germany, I'm very happy that she's there and I hope she can learn a lot.

As long as Stock stays in Dresden and plays something like 5 sets per season, she won't make it to NT :S

I think Saskia has played as #6 in the past

• Hippe wore both #13 and #6 :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Yeah but she WANTS #13, she would use 6 or actually more likely 17 if there was someone else who already had 13, but in the last years when she was in NT she always had 13 and she also has it in her current club, in Schwerin she couldn't get it because Janine Völker had it already. That means for me that Izquierdo's presence is more probable than Hippe's.

Stock don't leave Dresden. That is her problem. And now she end her career maybe with 21.

• Setter Magdalena Gryka doesn't want to play for Germany. German fedaration wants 50 000 EUR for her. So that means she won't play neither for Poland nor for Germany.