German NT 2016

• Laura Weihenmaier got married. Congrats to her and her husband :rose:
    Hope to see her back in NT soon.

Wedding photo with all of the not-in-NT players.

I hope to see her back on the court at all. Her husband is working as athletic coach in FC St. Pauli, so she might have played in Hamburg if the club had survived, but for now she hasn't signed anywhere yet. For some reason German players have a tendency of ending their career once they get married :aww:

• Interesting decisions... I can partly understand the choices on setter position as with Hanke and Hindriksen there are more experienced players on that position, even though i think that Imoudu had a good season and showed that she can overtake a lot of responsibility. You can argue about Drewniok or Orthmann as 2nd OPP. In my opinion you could have held Orthmann as OH (to build her in the team and leave e.g. Stigrot who nad not a good season at home) and Drewniok as OPP, she was in a team (VCO) that never had a chance and still performed good in season. The decision about Pettke I can't understand from outside. In my opinion she's better than Schölzel and Schwertmann, maybe she's not fit or so but I could imagine that Kosliwski and Vollmer wan't to keep their "own" players in the NT.

In my opinion now after missing the olympic games would be the moment to start a "new" team and also give playing time to young promising players to see how they perform on international level. But I'm not the coach and they will have their plan....

• Lenka Dürr writes on her website that she is team captain this year. Since liberos officially can't be captain in matches, someone else has to be the "official" captain. For WGP it is Denise Hanke according to FIVB roster.

14 players for WGP should be announced tomorrow or on Friday. According to an article from Münster Koslowski already made his choices and both Münster players Orthmann and Schwertmann are part of the final roster.

• the same in Slovak NT, Valachova is captain, so the vice-captain Pencova will be whole time captain :D i think its little bit stupid idea

• German 14 for WGP:

S: Denise Hanke, Lena Möllers
    OPP: Louisa Lippmann
    OH: Hanna Orthmann (also OPP), Lisa Izquierdo, Jana Franziska Poll, Anne Hölzig, Lena Stigrot
    MB: Wiebke Silge, Berit Kauffeldt, Marie Schölzel, Leonie Schwertmann
    L: Lenka Dürr, Sophie Dreblow

Mareike Hindriksen and Katharina Schwabe were the last cut players. I'm a bit surprised that Hölzig was chosen over Schwabe, but I guess she simply has the perspective to be a better player than Schwabe eventually, she made good progress during last league season.

• Maybe it is astupid question, but I have a curiosity... is Izquierdo some how related to Lilian Izquierdo, cuban player, gold medalist in Sidney? I know Lisahas cuban origins but do't know precisely... :)

• Maybe it is astupid question, but I have a curiosity... is Izquierdo some how related to Lilian Izquierdo, cuban player, gold medalist in Sidney? I know Lisahas cuban origins but do't know precisely... :)

Lisa's father is Cuban, but I don't think there is any relationship to Lilia Izquierdo, at least I couldn't find anything about it...

• In her blog, Berit Kauffeldt praises the attitude of Felix Koslowski, saying that he has a very good sense for what the team needs.

This was also my impression in WGP. The team as a whole played beyond the limits of the individual players, and that usually is a sign for good coaching. Felix overall made good choices during the matches and prepared the team well for every match, and what is most important, the team improved from week to week, even if results don't tell it.

When I have more time I'll write a bit more about my impressions from this tournament, but overall I can say I am quite happy with what I saw, I expected things to be much worse.

• Frydnes is definitely a good coach, I hope the young girls learn a lot from him. In fact he's one of the fewest (good) nordic coaches.

• what a bomb :what:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• WorldofVolleyball, said her Goal is the Olympics, just like Sarah Pavan, but Pavan still played in club.
    But for Kozuch will be much harder to make to the Olympics now that Germany has a bunch of strong teams on the beach...

• She still has more chance to play in OG than with indoor team. It is a good decision for her, GER really needs to adapt young players from new generation. There is no experienced players left except Brinker, who does not have a leader character

• Under the given circumstances I wonder if Brinker and Apitz are going to return to the team at all :S

I could imagine that the team we saw this summer plus Geerties, Emonts, Brandt and some more youngsters will be the core of NT for the next few years. Lenka Dürr will be the most experienced player in the team and she can be a good leader too, but the time of winning medals in Europe is most likely over.

• Margareta Kozuch quits indoor volleyball :white: ;( ;( ;(

She'll form a beach volley team with Karla Borger from next year on.

Source

I am a bit late on this, but still want to express my concerns. i fear, in the end, this move will leave everyone involved unhappy.

Maggie has never ever played beach volleyball seriously and i think she underestimates the level of work (physically and skill-wise) needed to make up for this inexperience.

I followed Maggies`s career from the very beginning and always loved her attitude and the good vibes around her. So i really do hope i will be proven wrong. Good luck to them :obey:

• Maren Brinker was elected as player of the year by the readers of Volleyball Magazin. Not exactly sure why because she skipped NT summer and was far from impressive in the club ?(

My pick was Louisa Lippmann who made a big step forward in 2016 and hopefully has a bright future ahead if she stays healthy.