2016 / 2017 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• Raven : Glass played for Fenerbahce in 13-14 season. After WCH she played for Conegliano.
    Usavolleyfan : Laura is looking for club in Russia and Italy.

That's what I said.

2013-14 in Fener playing as bad as Kreklow in Eczacibasi

2014 world champion and best setter

2014-15 back to her best game in Conegliano

2015-16 world class setter again

• I'm wondering who's going to satisfy the top Turkish clubs. Almost all foreign setters didn't play as good as they did before having played in Turkey. Maybe there's some exceptions, but still... Ognjenovic, Hanke, Glass, Kreklow, Lo bianco, Skorupa etc. I guess that's where Vakifbank takes a massive advantage of having a good local setter from. She knows the atmosphere of the league which might be hard for foreign setters and she always plays as starter no matter which clubs her team plays. I don't like her so much but I think she's the key of Vakifbak's success.

• I'm wondering who's going to satisfy the top Turkish clubs. Almost all foreign setters didn't play as good as they did before having played in Turkey. Maybe there's some exceptions, but still... Ognjenovic, Hanke, Glass, Kreklow, Lo bianco, Skorupa etc. I guess that's where Vakifbank takes a massive advantage of having a good local setter from. She knows the atmosphere of the league which might be hard for foreign setters and she always plays as starter no matter which clubs her team plays. I don't like her so much but I think she's the key of Vakifbak's success.

Actually Guidetti complained against media and referees about Naz: according to him they're destroying the best setter Turkey ever had. So it isn't just about the foreign setter.

• That's the perfect explanation of the hardest position in volleyball. The worse they play, the more reproaches.
    Regardless of who comes to Turkey to play as setter, I'm sure Akyol will overperform her.

• Alix Klineman and Daymi Ramirez renewed with Praia club

They probably should have try much precise and faster setter such as the Asian setters from Thailand, Japan ,China or even Korea.

• Someone published that Destinee Hooker signed contract around 700.000U$$ in China but She got a pregnant so She didn't play this season,

I think that in China they earned more than in Turkey if you count that league in China is shorter.

• Some time ago Montano earned a little less than 1,000,000 euro in Turkey (around 700,000-800,000). So in general it is the same money that in China counting for one month. Kim earns 1,2 milion euro a year.

It is said (but I'm not 100% sure) that Montano has a 300,000 euro contract in Chemik Police.

Bogdan Serwiński said in 2008 that best players in Polish league earn 100,000 euro and it was before big money came into OL (Sopot, Police, Impel ..., basically Werblińska, Bamber, Jagieło could earn this money), some time after this he said that now he can't contract new players because they choose to sit on a bench in Chemik (it was about Maj probably) for a bigger money. Probably Werblińska is the highest paid Polish player and she earns around 150,000 euro.

• Hagglund and Vansant are rising star of the international volleyball. Lucky who signes them. :teach:

Well for Vansant I would agree, but for Natalie, I'm sorry but no. I have seen her play in college and I can't say she wasn't good. But since given a chance with the US NT and Volero, I simply can't see what makes her a rising star internationally. She simply can't pass, and not only for libero standards.. her defense is impressive though.. she likes to dive and fly over the court. I think she can only be a good defensive libero like Gizem Karadayi for example..

• Someone published that Destinee Hooker signed contract around 700.000U$$ in China but She got a pregnant so She didn't play this season,

I think that in China they earned more than in Turkey if you count that league in China is shorter.

Natalia could end up in China next season. Rumors is that she was offered U$$ 500 thousands for 5 months. And with the chinese league being so short she could stil join a team in Brazil after the season is over...

With that being said. How much the clubs in Turkey pay? Because if they are offering this for Natalia they are probably offering much more for Zhu..

http://esportes.estadao.com.br/blogs/bruno-voloch/

If this is true, she would most probably sign with either Shanghai or Tianjin as these two clubs are the richest in the league.
    Beijing, another rich club, has signed Robinson so I don't think they will sign another OH.
    Other clubs can't afford foreigners, frankly speaking.

• Is it official that Robinson goes to China???? I thought she is going to Turkey along with Zhu Ting.

yes,Beijing Officer had already comfirmed it.

and Natalia is very suitable for Tianjin,who won 10 championships at top, and Shanghai, who won the second most champions.

• yes,Beijing Officer had already comfirmed it.

and Natalia is very suitable for Tianjin,who won 10 championships at top, and Shanghai, who won the second most champions.

For me this is quite insane that after advancing to CL with Imoco she is leaving them for China. I know it's about money, but after 1-2 years she can be basically non-existent. It's like Fawcett who was a star in China and now she is pretty weak, probably not even TOP5 Opp in Italy. At the same time she could go to Turkey or stay where she is and leave in 2-3 years.

• For me this is quite insane that after advancing to CL with Imoco she is leaving them for China. I know it's about money, but after 1-2 years she can be basically non-existent. It's like Fawcett who was a star in China and now she is pretty weak, probably not even TOP5 Opp in Italy. At the same time she could go to Turkey or stay where she is and leave in 2-3 years.

Season in China is relatively short compared to other leagues. Finals generally won't be taken place later than mid February.
    And then she can join any team anywhere that needs her to play for the play-offs season.
    I think this is a win-win situation for her.

• Quoted from "7UP"

Fawcett is hardly top...10 OH player in Italy, as she' s been playing in that role due to S. FABRIS being the opposite in Novara. Top 5 O players are Tomsia, Lowe, Fabris, Kozuch and Ortolani, while you could count Fawcett among the top15 OH. Only Kelsey Robinson, the only real big new talent on display, can manage improving while playing in China or Turkey or Azerbaijan. All the others came back weaker athletes: Meijners, Caterina Bosetti, Arrighetti, Lucia Bosetti, Bauer...

• Honestly her choice made some surprises but reasonable.
    first,she will well paid,and the season is not long as in europe ,so she could earn another play-off contract in europe or america.
    second,chinese league is in high level, many fans in europe could not know it,but their training and playing system are different.many teams have close quality, just as italy league.
    third,Beijing is a good club,though robinson had a average achievement in 2014-2015 season.but nowadays she has grown up to a world-class receiver,and club had changed coach to Kiaatipong(Thailand NT coach).last year Kiaatipong could not reach top 4, and this year he will make a stronger roster.Robinson had a good memory in Beijing,and Beijing is very international now.

speak of Fawcett, She played a average level in Fujian.Fujian is rich but not clever, 14/15 they signed Flier and Ocasco, 15/16 they sighed Faucette and Fawcett, you can see 2 OPPS. so Fawcett transferred into OH position, not in her best position.and Fujian just has one top chinese player Linli(Libero),when Faucette injured , Fawcett could not save the team alone.

so they are not in a same way. some foreingers in Chinese league did a brilliant job, such as Usic, Carrillo, Costagrande and Kasia, Tom, Krsmanovic etc. You must see which team they were in and what role they played.