Japanese NT 2016

• Manabe said

・Airi Miyabe(Opp) and Mizuki Tanaka(OH) are out from the roster.
    ・Nagaoka, Ebata and Sakoda, one of them will be cut on OQT :(

I think Nagaoka's spot is obvious because she is the only attacker from zone 2.
    So Ebata or Sakoda...

My Japanese NT
    Setters: Miyashita, Tashiro
    Outside Hitters: Kimura, Koga, Ishii, Inoue, Uchiseto
    Opposites: Nagaoka, Ebata
    Middle Blockers: Araki, Shimamura, Otake
    Libero: Sato, Maruyama

Arisa Inoue is Best Outside Hitter of 2015 U23 and she is far better than Nabeya IMO.

• Once again he appears to be a mysterious decision maker. I'd take three of them and cut Uchiseto or bring Shinnabe back to NT.

Where is Chizuru Koto? Does she also have an issue with the coach? 8|Or is it owing to lack of playing time last season? Miyashita playing starter can be quite risky and I don't know how good Tashiro is...

• Once again he appears to be a mysterious decision maker. I'd take three of them and cut Uchiseto or bring Shinnabe back to NT.

Where is Chizuru Koto? Does she also have an issue with the coach? 8|Or is it owing to lack of playing time last season? Miyashita playing starter can be quite risky and I don't know how good Tashiro is...

Koto underperformed last season so Manabe cut her.
    After London, Japan NT is struggling 2nd setter position. (Hashimoto, Nakamichi, Koto... :aww: )

Kanami Tashiro (173cm/1991) is playing for Toray Arrows and she uses thier wing spikers well compared to Miya Sato.
    Her game is similar to Japanese NT's one,mainly using wing spikers and less MBs.
    She is an OK setter, not a great one.

Miya Sato (175cm/1990) is playing for Hitachi Rivale and she improved a lot last season.
    But her game is far from NT's one, using Paolini Paolini and Paolini. She knows how to use MBs but there isn't Paolini on our NT :roll:

For me, setter is the most serious problem of our NT.
    I hope Miyashita experiences tough games and will be great setter like Kumi Nakada, 3 times Olympian and best Japanese setter ever :teach:

• To me, Japanese NT having an issue with setter position is so new :D I miss Yoshie Takeshita very much, her amazing sets but also how she used to dig.

Arisa Takada, Mizuho Ishida and Kana Ohno also seem to be out of picture, I thought Manabe liked them back then in 2014.

• To me, Japanese NT having an issue with setter position is so new I miss Yoshie Takeshita very much, her amazing sets but also how she used to dig.

All Japanese fan think so :heart:
    I can't still imagine she kept her level during the 2012 Olympic although she got her first finger broken.

Arisa Takada, Mizuho Ishida and Kana Ohno also seem to be out of picture, I thought Manabe liked them back then in 2014.

Arisa Takada struggles back injury and her level dropped a lot. (I guess she ends her volleyball career after this season, not Saori Kimura.)
    Mizuho Ishida injured during the religation match so she isn't included the roster.
    Kana Ohno doesn't show convincing performance on both attack and block. I can understand Manabe chose Shimamura instead of her.

• Japan WNT Roster for China Friendly Matches

1. NAGAOKA, Miyu (WS)
    2. MIYASHITA, Haruka (S)
    3. KIMURA, Saori (WS)
    4. OTAKE, Riho (MB)
    5. SATO, Arisa (Li)
    7. YAMAGUCHI, Mai (MB)
    8. KOGA, Sarina (WS)
    9. SHIMAMURA, Haruyo (MB)
    10. MARUYAMA, Aki (Li)
    11. ARAKI, Erika (MB)
    12. ISHII, Yuki (WS)
    14. EBATA, Yukiko (WS)
    15. UCHISETO, Mami (WS)
    16. SAKODA, Saori (WS)
    17. TANAKA, Mizuki (WS)
    20. TASHIRO, Kanami (S)

China Friendly Match Schedule
    1. April 23 (Sat) 16:00 (Local Time), Ningbo China (CCTV5 will broadcast the match from 16:00 to 18:00)
    2. April 26 (Tue) 19:30, Shenzhen China
    3. April 27 (Wed) 19:30, Shenzhen China

Source 1, 2, 3

• Ebata seems to have gotten in pretty good shape once again as she proved in today's match. I also liked the new libero, she knows where A libero should locate in defense.
    Ishii is Japan's new key in my personal opinion. She has become a solid receiver and is one of the best attackers in the team.

• Takeshita has been brought in as an adviser to the setters, seems like a good idea.

I think that this will be the final roster for the Qualifiers, taking out Tanaka and Uchiseto gets you down to 14. Then Manabe will choose his 12 for each day.

• Takeshita has been brought in as an adviser to the setters, seems like a good idea.

I think that this will be the final roster for the Qualifiers, taking out Tanaka and Uchiseto gets you down to 14. Then Manabe will choose his 12 for each day.

They also brought in Hiroaki Kawaura who is a 2m tall former member of the Japanese Men's Volleyball Team for the them to practice their spiking against. video link

• If I were Manabe, I'd take all of them(Nagaoka, Ebata and Sakoda) and cut Inoue and Uchiseto. And take Shinnabe back.

WS: Kimura, Ebata, Shinnabe, Sakoda, Nagaoka, Koga, Ishii

• Any info about Japan 3x2 Netherlands friendly match?

This was played at the Japanese national training center, so really there is not much information. I am watching a video and it looked like Japan's first team Saori Kimura, Erika Araki, Nagaoka, Koga, Tashiro and Arisa Sato as the libero. Shimamura, Miyashita, Sakoda and Ishii were on the court for one of the plays in the video.