• If you want to improve blocking just put Lloyd in instead of Alisha...she can block almost as good as the MBs :super: ;)

• Thank you all for your replies!

Well, I'm surprised Fawcett is out, and that Kiraly might bring three setters! Though I actually think Lowe and Murphy are good hitters, I think they're both "slow burns," if you will. Meaning, they both struggle to impact a set quickly in the way the double sub system is designed, but are generally fine - sometimes even very good - players over the course of a match.

That's how I feel about Tandara, too: kind of ineffective when brought in for three intense rotations, but actually solid over the course of an entire match.

Well, too bad for Fawcett; she's a very talented player, in my opinion.

• usa has too many talents. if hugh mccutcheon was still the coach, i think hooker would've still been in the team.
    i read his interview somewhere that his coaching philosophy is that his team can always tolerate 1.5 idiots.
    hooker will be that one idiot because she's definitely a better talent than current opps. fawcett wouldn't have a chance.
    but kiraly has done a good job so far. so you can't complain too much.

• It's true. Lowe and Murphy are not even close to level of Hooker.

Even if I'm the coach(lol :lol: ) USA would be in top 4 because they have GREAT players. So much talents.

• In USA professional leagues (NBA, NFL) coaches are often expected to work with difficult personalities because their talent and abilities help the team win. Kiraly seems to be thinking differently. No chance given to Hooker. Courtney as 3rd setter for her positive personality, but not necessarily her talent. Listening to the coaches in the huddle during Grand Prix, all positive, no change of emotion or tone of voice, which is very un-american when compared to professional football, baseball, and even the USA men's volleyball teams of which Kiraly was a leader and standout player.

If coaching is risk vs reward... Courtney over Hooker? Over Logan? Over Hagglund? Over Fawcett? Over a 4th middle/blocker like Crimes? Many many good players left out and it seems the reason is lack of personality.

Still, Kiraly's team did win world championship and he is the best volleyball player ever. I'll be rooting for USA to win gold.

• In USA professional leagues (NBA, NFL) coaches are often expected to work with difficult personalities because their talent and abilities help the team win. Kiraly seems to be thinking differently. No chance given to Hooker. Courtney as 3rd setter for her positive personality, but not necessarily her talent. Listening to the coaches in the huddle during Grand Prix, all positive, no change of emotion or tone of voice, which is very un-american when compared to professional football, baseball, and even the USA men's volleyball teams of which Kiraly was a leader and standout player.

If coaching is risk vs reward... Courtney over Hooker? Over Logan? Over Hagglund? Over Fawcett? Over a 4th middle/blocker like Crimes? Many many good players left out and it seems the reason is lack of personality.

Still, Kiraly's team did win world championship and he is the best volleyball player ever. I'll be rooting for USA to win gold.

All veterans players always talk how this team is different from the last (2009-2012) in terms unity, that they really care for each other and this kind of thing. After London's final some people close to NT's member said things about how McCutcheon was a week leader and didn't know to how manage the players. After Kiraly, it's seems they feeling better with theirs current teamates and for the first time they won an important tournament.

About Thompson, I think maybe Glass' condition is worse that we know, she is delaying her surgery for at least 2 seasons and we already know she will take the next season to rest.

• ^^^ Yeah, I get the sense that maybe there's something we don't know, and Karch has reason to bring 3 setters. If not, it's a weird - arguably bad - decision. Kelsey Robinson as a serving/defensive sub is a much better option. I could easily see Thompson being benched the whole tournament.

But, I am a little disappointed seeing everyone's reaction to Thompson... In my opinion she's a respectable, aggressive setter, and is coming off a good season with Rexona. Of all the US women, she has the most experience with the Brazilian players, and quite successful experience at that!-- I know she wasn't the starter for the finals with Rexona, but she played no small part in them getting there. Lloyd has her advantages, but Thompson isn't an option to sneeze at, in my opinion.

• "On August 13th one of the worst natural disasters since Hurricane Sandy hit Lousiana where over 30 inches of water fell in 15 hours. One of my dear friends and fellow Long Beach State and USA Volleyball teammates, Danielle Scott, has a home located in one of the most severely affected areas and she has lost many of her possessions.

Danielle Scott is one of the most caring, giving and inspirational people I have ever met. Although she is one the strongest women I know and her faith carries her a long way, this Go Fund Me page is being established to let her know that she is never alone and that we are here to support her through this time of rebuilding.

I appreciate any help you may be able to give at this time. The money donated will be used to make sure Danielle and her daughter, Julianne, have the daily supplies they need from toiletries to clothing to cleaning equipment. She has been working day and night to gut the house and I know we can ease her pain by lending a hand.

Thank you,
    Tayyiba Haneef-Park"

https://www.gofundme.com/daniellescott

Dani! ;(

• I don't want to sound mean but did Robinson gain more weight? She looks heavy now compared to her shape during World Championships last 2014. And based on videos of her I watch recently, she does not jump as high as before. I was really impressed by her during her stint at World Championships. She was hitting over the block. Pls don't take this post negatively.

• I don't want to sound mean but did Robinson gain more weight? She looks heavy now compared to her shape during World Championships last 2014. And based on videos of her I watch recently, she does not jump as high as before. I was really impressed by her during her stint at World Championships. She was hitting over the block. Pls don't take this post negatively.

I don't think so.. Maybe she did, who knows, but I doubt she gained that much to make her jump that much less.. Also I don't think she could ever hit over the block, her reach is lower.. However I agree, shenis not playing as good as she was in the NT or last season with Conegliano

• I'm glad Fawcett is out, this season Sariyer made a huge mistake trusting and signing her. That team with her should have done way better. Right now she's only doing ok in Conegliano because everyone else is world class/ perfect in their roles... IMHO she's very replaceable and US has better options.

• She played bad in Turkey, then she sucks. We know. We can move on. I'm tired od reading the same stuff for every single player who didn't shine in your championship.

BTW it was Sariyer who failed Fawcett IMHO. They should have build the team way better.

• She played bad in Turkey, then she sucks. We know. We can move on. I'm tired od reading the same stuff for every single player who didn't shine in your championship.

BTW it was Sariyer who failed Fawcett IMHO. They should have build the team way better.

Fawcett is such a mediocre OPP, so lets deal with this. It has nothing to do with Sariyer. They built a great team indeed with two decent OHs, one excellent MB (Crimes) and a solid setter. However both of their OHs were defensive ones and Fawcett is not an opposite who can carry her team all alone. In US NT, you don't need such an opposite anyway since everyone else can score but why not chose a more useful one in terms of scoring when you can?