• them you can watch her next season in South Korea, Indonisia or even Germany...olololololo :win:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would follow a team because she is playing there. She is not even my favorite player but she is nice to watch.
    If you look at most teams, you find such names: Kimura (Japan), Neslihan-Gözde (Turkey), Gamova-Obmachaeva-Kosheleva (Russia), Hooker (US), Thaisa-Fe Garay (Brazil), Zhu Ting (China) etc...

• Karch knows volleyball very well, surely better than most of us. He's the player of the 20th century after all. I'm not saying he's a god of volleyball or anything (he annoys me sometimes), but a player that constantly make dramas is a poison for a team, and Karch must know that. How can you say for sure that he didn't select her because he's affraid of being outshined by her ? And what's the most important, team performance or esthetic, smart, powerful play by one player ?
    I would give a try to Hooker during WGP if she showed during this quadriannal that she was really worth it, but sorry she didn't.

• Murrphy is playing in Japan is that high level volleyball ?

What did Fawcett showed in Italy ?
    Lowe, so so. Nothing new.

Give Hooker chance and you will see who is the best opp in USA NT right now.

If you watched Korean league you would see how easily She blocked Fawcett, Rahimova and others.

And if She didn't played good She wouldn't got a contract over 700.000€.

• OH please guys, come on...I agree with Tuxin and Matthias.....what did Hooker do in the past four years that make her deserve NT?

It is not even a matter that if she could come back or not, in shape I mean...cause lets be honest her real talent was always her physical, not the tchnique itself, she was stronger than most...

I believe some players have the benefit to recieve an invite even if not playing...but Destinee was just a nightmare everywhere shes been in her career....clubs always had trouble with her....so is it really Kiraly fault he doesnt wanna ruin his groups spirit? She is just not reliable....

• agree, glorifying a player only because of the past is not enough to get an invitiation, especially if You're drama queen and make troubles like Destinee unfortunately did... on the other hand she showed some great performances in the past...

anyway, now she's out of the picture, maybe she'll be back if coach changes or if she deserves that she must get a spot, I don't see her in Brazil though
    probably Fawcett with one of lefties Lowe/Murphy will be there ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Hooker could have gone to Europe and I'm quite sure she got so many attractive offers from European teams (despite all the dramas she made in the past), in order to impress Karch and prove that she's still alive. But at the end She chose South Korea, Fawcett is a different story IMO. Whenever being given a chance as a back-up, She played great and she's the OPP that Karch likes. I don't think she's not even comparable to Hooker individually but is a great team player who encourages her teammates.

I absolutely agree with Sydney too regarding Karch.
    There's no perfect coach anyway and I think he's an outstanding one, of course kicking Tom off with such a bad way deserves to be blamed, but thus far he's been leading his team very well and has discovered many good players. What do you expect more? Even if you are missing Hugh and Lang, they're gone and Karch is the coach right now. :aww: Sometimes it's impossible to me to understand he's been talked as though he screws his team or whatsoever. Duh. Even many US players have praised him thorugh interviews and that's what matters the most.

• I don't mean to defend Goncharova, but let it be.
    That's her personality. She doen't show her emotions very easily unlike the past, well you know how many times she screamed at the opponent's freaking face. Now she's more mature and keeps herself calm all the time.
    I think it's unfair to blame for one's own personality for manyyyyy times. If there are emotional players like Kosheleva, Hooker or all the Brazilians, there must be cold players like her. So, leave her alone ^^

• I don't mean to defend Goncharova, but let it be.
    That's her personality. She doen't show her emotions very easily unlike the past, well you know how many times she screamed at the opponent's freaking face. Now she's more mature and keeps herself calm all the time.
    I think it's unfair to blame for one's own personality for manyyyyy times. If there are emotional players like Kosheleva, Hooker or all the Brazilians, there must be cold players like her. So, leave her alone ^^

I used to love her screams and emotional fights against Gamova. :heart: :D

• I wonder how Tori Dixon's rehabilitation goes? It realistically is impossible to make good shape before the summer but I wish the best for her.
    Dzieten, Akinradewo and Adams will be on the final list I think.

• I agree that a player shouldn't be in the current NT, because of achievements or how good they played in the past (ex. Sokolova) But Hooker is a another story.. Have we had the chance to watch how she was doing after being sacked from the team? Only in Korea right? And she did great.. To know if she is as good as in the past, or she is much worse we have to see in what shape she'll be.. So of we're not seing that in clubs, it's logical to be invited in the US gym and see if she still deserves that place. The thing is USA does not have an EXCEPTIONAL OPP, Fawcett, Murphy, Lowe are all good players, but certainly are not players who can drag the whole team to the top.. They are mainly team players like Kozuch, Centoni and not like Obmochaeva, Brakocevic... And Hooker was(is) an exceptional player, so at her best no one from those 3 was even close to her.. And please don't tell that if Larson for example was on a maturity break and hadn't played Karch wouldn't invite her because she may 'not got it anymore'..

My point is she should to see if she still can play as good as before and deserves her place.

• To me it's pretty logical.

First off, She played in Korea which can't be a good prove. Even though her team won the championship and she played great there.
    Second off, She had been pregant and gave birth some weeks ago. It's almost impossible to make good shape.
    What matters the most is her statement regarding playing in NT. She said she was not interested in playing NT. Although I'm doubtful if she has the same idea right now :rolleyes: Besides all, Kiraly has been working on team chemistry since he started his job on the NT. I don't think he would dare to call her (aka a troubler maker or a chemistry breaker.).

But why not when Karch is gone and the new coach wants her back.

And Obmochaeva is a non existing name now as her divorce had been accepted.

• I know it's pretty impossible to see her back, I am just saying she deserves a chance to fight for her place.. since she is not playing in a club and we can't see what her current shape is.

I know, but you still got the idea who I was talking about so :roll:

• The truth is, the only reason Hooker doesnt recieve a chance is because of her attitude.

If she was away courts the same way, but had a history of good behavior, I think she would recieve a chance to train with the team...but that is not the case.

• Than Ekatarina Gamova doesn't deserve to be in NT because of her attitude. :whistle:

She got baby before month or two. She said that She can be ready for Olympics.

• What an incredibly dumb comparison. When has Gamova ever caused scandals, had problems with teammates or coaches? NEVER! She never took even one summer off before she was 33.

I have never seen more nices person than Gamova :flower:
    Gamova screams at Kosheleva https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgfWhIsm_tU
    Gamova screams at Obmochaeva https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOJdzHc_zrQ

Do you need more or ?? :wall: ...When We talk about you, probably yes.

• Wide list for WGP:

S: Carli Lloyd, Alisha Glass, Molly Kreklow, Courtney Thompson
    OPP: Nicole Fawcett, Karsta Lowe, Kelly Murphy
    MB: Rachael Adams, Foluke Akinradewo, Alexis Crimes, Christa Dietzen, Lauren Gibbemeyer, Lauren Paolini
    OH: Megan Easy, Kristin Hildebrand, Kimberly Hill, Jordan Larson-Burbach, Cassidy Lichtman, Kelsey Robinson, Krista Vansant
    L: Kayla Banwarth, Natalie Hagglund

Dixon out, I think she won't have enough time to back in shape before the OG :/

Source

• I'm keeping fingers crossed for Dixon. She's decent player with good block. Glad to see Lloyd and Crimes on the list. :heart:

• Finally Lloyd and Crimes! Though I have a feeling that Glass and Thompson shall be taken to Rio, I want him to give a coach to Carli, at least an entire match.

The invisible fights among the middle blockers will be super exciting to watch :box: There's no doubt both Akinradewo and Dzieten will be selected, then the others are gonna try their best to occupy the last spot for MBs (that probably should have gone to Tori Dixon.), of course unless he takes 4 MBs.