Italian NT 2016

• Diouf is talking as if she was two time Olympinc champion Sheilla or two time WCH champion Gamova... please, just don't.

• Sorry to sound boring and repetitive but there's a point I want to make clear: not being in the NT going to the Tokyo OQT should have been a massive wake up call for her. Most players in her position would have trained like a madman in the gym for weeks.

I'm sure she was convinced that Bonitta owed her a ticket to Rio because of that tournament in 2014. Not even Kim Hill managed to do so.

• The team looks more balanced now for sure, I hope Gennari manages to give her contribution.. to me she's a really good player, in and outside the court.

I'm sorry for Diouf, it must be hard to be cut at this point, I hope this is really a turning point for her and comes back stronger. I still think that the italian NT needs her. She has to gain her confidence and show on the field what she can do. It is correct that the Bonitta calls the players he thinks arethe best, but there's a lack of respect towards Vale as a person, just sending her a message.

I think Valentina's words must be read in a different way...it's not that she felt as a god and pretended to be so, but she started to be considered as the image of volleyball, of the new generation, for her personal story. Diouf became the symbol of the new interracial generation, unfortunately without showing anything convincing. It's time for her to show her best, to prove that she deserves the NT.

• I didn't understand the drama for the WQT, I don't understand it now.. I am sorry she won't be in Rio, same as for any other player who is cut.. and I am also really sorry she was made to think she'll be there, then her dream was ruined.. What I don't understand is the way she is talking about it, like she a veteran player who has given all about her NT.. Girl you're 23, and have played for the senior NT for 3 years now.. While I understand and say it's normal that she's so upset and sad, sometimes you have to accept it and move on, and not make drama in social networks and media.. Logan Tom, one of the best volleyball players in the whole world, veteran who was played for her country since 2000, was informed through a message, her NT doesn't need her anymore and she barely talked about it, 2 years later.. Valentina was also talking similar stuff when she was cut for the WQT, there are better players than you right now and that's what it is..

I wish her luck in her career BTW

• hi all, when I read "sembravo Dio," I translated it to "I seemed immortal" or "I looked like God" -- like, after WCH2014 she looked immortal to the coaches, volleyball community, etc.

I'm not a native Italian speaker (I do a lot of translations though), but I would never translate 'sembravo Dio' to "I was considered to be a God"... In that case you would use 'considerato' with a reflexive pronoun. ("Mi è state considerato come un dio")

I just think she's making a point about feeling like there were these insanely high expectations for her based on this one tournament, and then never being able to live up to them.

• Well Diouf, if everytime u got in the court u had played with passion and giving your 100% and not making so many stupid mistakes as u do all the time, maybe u could have made to the OG...

• I didn't understand the drama for the WQT, I don't understand it now.. I am sorry she won't be in Rio, same as for any other player who is cut.. and I am also really sorry she was made to think she'll be there, then her dream was ruined.. What I don't understand is the way she is talking about it, like she a veteran player who has given all about her NT.. Girl you're 23, and have played for the senior NT for 3 years now.. While I understand and say it's normal that she's so upset and sad, sometimes you have to accept it and move on, and not make drama in social networks and media.. Logan Tom, one of the best volleyball players in the whole world, veteran who was played for her country since 2000, was informed through a message, her NT doesn't need her anymore and she barely talked about it, 2 years later.. Valentina was also talking similar stuff when she was cut for the WQT, there are better players than you right now and that's what it is..

I wish her luck in her career BTW

Anyone may write whatever they like on their Instagram or Facebook and they exist for that reason, yet I believe Diouf couldn't just manage her anger and behaved quite immaturely. I'd be mad at my coach if the same thing happened to me and actually anyone else would be but she could have described her feelings in a better and mature way.

She will for sure be back in NT next year as Centoni will be gone by that time I suppose but she should be aware that there are lots of elements she definitely needs to improve. If she really thinks she was a god 2 years ago, I can't even imagine what kind of a mentality she's got. If she was a god, then what would Kim HIll have been? A human looking ghost to save Kirarly's little butt?

• can someone explain what exactly happened in 2014 that made diouf like a god? did she shine in some matches i'm not aware of?

i understand she's disappointed about not going to rio and we don't know how bonitta handled this, but it sounds to me like this is a good way to burn bridges and to not be invited back to the NT.

• can someone explain what exactly happened in 2014 that made diouf like a god? did she shine in some matches i'm not aware of?

i understand she's disappointed about not going to rio and we don't know how bonitta handled this, but it sounds to me like this is a good way to burn bridges and to not be invited back to the NT.

She basically carried Italy down 0-2 to the tiebreak against Brazil in the bronze medal semifinal. That was it.

Bonitta is leaving after Rio, but I have to agree handling rejection in this way is making her so radioactive nobody will want anything to do with her after.

• Trust me, Diouf is one of the players I dislike the most beside Lo Bianco, but this is getting more and more ridiculous. For once I'm by Diouf's side. As you can see, nothing changed in this NT after the change of two coaches. The only one who was planning a serious generationl change was kicked out very quickly. And what happened? Someone stayed hiding the whole time to show up herself just for the OGs. I wish Italy to lose every single set they play in the OG. That's what they deserve for all the drama they made once again. I feel sorry for few good girls form the team who made the cut and for Ofelia Malinov, the real victim of this shit.

• The drama goes on.. http://www.gazzetta.it/Volley/…to-rio-160474387944.shtml

In this interview today Alessia Gennari says she feels very sorry for Valentina Diouf (they are roommates in NT), but it's not her fault if Bonitta chose her instead of Valentina. She also talks about how hard she worked in the last weeks in order to recover after the knee surgery, but she didn't know if she would have made it to Rio. She only found out to be in the Olympic list 2 days ago, after receiving a SMS by Bonitta.
    However, apparently now Diouf is angry with her because she stole her ticket to Rio.. Gennari says she tried to contact Diouf by phone but she never replied. They were very close friends before Bonitta's choice but it seems now that Valentina Diouf is blaming Alessia Gennari for what has happened, accusing her of knowing already about Bonitta's decision and lying to her all this time...

I personally think this shows once again how immature and childish Diouf is. I understand her sadness and disappointment for missing her Olympic dream, but blaming your teammate for this is completely insane. I'm happy she's not part of NT in Rio, the team spirit will be better without such a spoilt girl like her.

• Oh, good god! How dumb is she? How could she blame Gennari for being cut? Now I completely understand Bonitta's decision. She's a clumsy player but also an infantile drama queen. I wonder if the new coach after Bonitta will dare to call the immature girl back to NT once again. :down:

• Oh, good god! How dumb is she? How could she blame Gennari for being cut? Now I completely understand Bonitta's decision. She's a clumsy player but also an infantile drama queen. I wonder if the new coach after Bonitta will dare to call the immature girl back to NT once again. :down:

Did you actually need all this time to find out? :what:

This girl is completely out of the world since 2014 WCH. Time ago she replayed by media Piccinini, when the QUEEN was not talking about her in a interview where she said how lazy and vitiated the girls from the new generations are compared to hers. She told the nepotism was over in NT. :what: And ended the interview proudly saying they had not "arguments in common". :hit:

In her place I would take care of her shape, instead of making the victim: considering how tall and heavy she is, injuries are behind the corner; Gamova is half of her, that's why her career has been so long.

Anyway she is completely right to be pissed off with Bonitta. At least he could talk to her personally. I don't understand this trend to cut players by sms. Ever Kiraly the breathing master did it to LOGAN TOM. :down:

The one and only victim here is Ofelia Malinov. I'm so glad Piccinini retired from this mess of a NT right after the rumors became stronger. I have nothing to care about anymore. :D