Brazilian NT 2016

• Next Monday, April 4th, a day after Superliga Final, Zé will release the list of the players called for NT for this season.

I guess we won't have much surprises. We will have a very experienced team and definitely one of the favorites for the Gold in Rio.

• Next Monday, April 4th, a day after Superliga Final, Zé will release the list of the players called for NT for this season.

I guess we won't have much surprises. We will have a very experienced team and definitely one of the favorites for the Gold in Rio.

You really think so? :S
    Many Brazilian players are not as good as they used to be (Sheilla, Jaqueline, Garay) and there are no new stars rising as far as I can judge. But then, I don't follow Brazilian league at all, so I can be surprised by NT ;)

• You really think so? :S
    Many Brazilian players are not as good as they used to be (Sheilla, Jaqueline, Garay) and there are no new stars rising as far as I can judge. But then, I don't follow Brazilian league at all, so I can be surprised by NT ;)

Well, I think these days reception is really important in womens volleyball....and which other Nt in the world can count with Jaqueline, Garay, Natália and Gabi as OH? so I think yes, that will give Brazil an advantage.

I agree with you, some players didnt show their best this season...but I believe during NT season they will be able to regain their phisical form...and play better...and playing home...and again, I dont see other Nts playing at a great level as well....USA is not playing as they were two years ago, China, Serbia can do great, but China is unexperienced, and Serbia, dont know how they will act against Brazil in Rio...Its always a question mark...So maybe if there was another NT reigning I wouldnt say that, but since that isnt, I think yes, Brazil is one of the favorites still...

• We are talking about single games. USA team went to London final undefeated, they even won using the B team against brasilian A team and we all know how it ended, so... :whistle:

And don't forget Ze Roberto manages to take out the best from his players. I would start with Jaque and Fe Garay, they gave Brazil its second gold medal. :heart:

• If Natália show her best in Olympic that will count a lot tô Brasil.

Só Far Brasil, USA, China and Serbia are main contender tô the Golden Medal.

Right Know its uncertain who is the best team... China and Servia developed a lot. In London 2012 USA was favoritte. Like Brasil was in 2014 Worlds and USA once again in World cup, since world cup its too difficult pick one single NT as the best.

• I would say Russia is a favorite also among Brazil/China/Serbia/USA. Plus Netherlands/Japan/Italy if they qualify they will be dangerous. And even South Korea with Kim.

• If you had watched the Brazilian Superleague you would had seen many young rising stars. :cup:

You really think so? :S

• I agree with Joana. Jaqueline and Fabiana did not shine this season in Sesi, but the team itself was a total mess. This doesn't concern me at all. I know their capacity and I know they can make a great comeback to the NT this season. Also, Thaísa is always a key player for Brazil and she has the guts to handle the pressure in high level.
    I think Natália should be a starter, but knowing Zé Roberto for so many years I'm pretty sure he will start the season (at least the most important matches) with Jaqueline and Garay as OHs. Maybe Natália will do the same as Mari did during the last weeks of GP in 2008, taking the spot that belonged to another player.

Zé Roberto has said in a a few interviews that he wants to work with a reduced number of players if compared to previous years, so I guess he will call something like 16 or 17 players...I guess they will be the 14 players from last WCH plus Juciely, Monique and a third setter (considering Fabíola situation). My guess is that setters will be Dani Lins, Roberta and Claudinha. It seems like Macris did not get along well with Zé and the NT.

• According to Bruno Voluch, Roberta is on the list and Macris and Claudinha are not on the list.

Ze Roberto did not get alnog with Claudinha also, He seams to be really mean to the setters. I dont like him at all as a person.

During the semi-finals of Superliga I think in 2013, he was the coach of Campinas and Claudinha was the setter, during a time out he called Claudinha a not smart girl.
    And in the finals of GP 2014, he said Brazil was going to the WCH only with 1 setter ( Dani Lins) cuz Fabiola was going, but she did not even count. And then Fabiola overheard him saying that.

• And in the finals of GP 2014, he said Brazil was going to the WCH only with 1 setter ( Dani Lins) cuz Fabiola was going, but she did not even count. And then Fabiola overheard him saying that.

What? Can you please show me this interview or the video? I cannot believe this is true.

Yes, Ze Roberto made a mistake with Claudinha, but he is not the devil people here tend to say he is. This happened years ago and he said she apologized him later.

• According to Bruno Voluch, Roberta is on the list and Macris and Claudinha are not on the list.

Do you really believe the things Bruno Voloch say?
    He is probably right, but his whole blog is based on assumptions and guesses...

• Ok you don`t believe me....anyone here from Brazil that knows this history to comform this what happend?

I will try to look for the post on the website when this happened.

It happend after Brazil lost for Turkey in GP finals 2014 during the practice on the day they played with China.

You can go on youtube and watch that none of the Brazilians are smiling or even talking with each other much, they seamed really weird. People tought it was beacuse of the loss to Turkey on the night before, but it was not...
    During practice, Ze Roberto was talking with I dont know who, and he said Brazil was going to thw WCH with only 1 setter because Fabiola did not even count.

Then I dont know how, everyone heard what he said. And Fabiola is really loved and cared for all the teammates, and she felt really hurt and so all the girls felt for her. And this was not the first time Ze Roberto has said and done things like that.

Mari alreday came out and said a lot of bad things that Ze Roberto does in the team....just wait after Rio OG is over and he wont be the coach anymore, and I bet we will strat hearing a lot of players say bad things about him.

But I will look for the link of the post.

here`s the game Brasil x China, look at the face of the Brazilians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVKKUkqEThY

Do you really believe the things Bruno Voloch say?
    He is probably right, but his whole blog is based on assumptions and guesses...

• Here we go... make sure u read trough the blog, so you wont think Im lying... and read all the coments also, so you can make sure it was not only bruno saying that happened. Ze Roberto after later did apologize to Fabiola for what he said. Use google translate.

http://blogdobrunovoloch.blogo…/08/25/fabiola-novamente/

http://blogdobrunovoloch.blogo…2014/10/02/pratos-limpos/

The presence of Fabiola in the world of Italy was taken for granted during the Grand Prix.
    That was until the match against China when the setter and coach Jose Roberto Guimaraes is also quarreled in heating technical issues and movement.
    As punishment, Fabiola did not go into court.
    Sad and distraught, the player said to her companions that would leave the group once the team returned to Brazil.
    After hearing that 'would not miss and it would only Dani', Fabiola was the decision.
    José Roberto Guimarães but acknowledged the error, apologized to the setter days later and started to count on the player normally in reverse.
    The mood was lighter and milder.
    If fact Fabiola swallowed the episode, only time can answer and short-term, because the selection already next week will return to train in Saquarema.
    Today count 'only Dani' would be complicated to Ze Roberto.
    Ana Tiemi not 100% recovered from injury and barely played since the first call yet for the Montreux Volley Masters.
    Fabiola knows that is not the owner.
    The player however is much loved among the companions who 'bought the noise' in the episode with the coach.
    The group, as well as in London, had internal problems in Japan, but overcame adversity and turned over in the competition.

• Google translate sucks.

After hearing that 'would not miss and it would only Dani', Fabiola was the decision.

correct translation is " He told Fabiola she would not make a difference and they were going to Italy only with Dani", then Fabiola made the decison to leave the team and go back to Brazil ( but later with the support of the team she decided to stay).

• I believe this is true.. I never liked Ze's behaviour.. And Fabiola has to be praised for her will to fight for her spot and believe in her Olympic dream. She was a starter at the WCH 2010, then lost her place to Dani in 2011, and regained it in 2011 WC when Brazil was bad.. Then Ze legt her home and brought Fernandinha to London. Then Fabiola again accepted the invitation and played for Brazil in the 2014 WCH.

• As I said before, I do not believe Bruno Voloch's blog. This is a not a reliable source. Everyone in Brazil knows that.
    People might not like Zé Roberto attitude, everyone has the right to think whatever they want, but using Bruno Voloch as a source means absolutely nothing to me.

• I hope Fabiola goes to Rio 2016, She derseves this Olympic participation.

yep, Bruno Voloch its not a reliable source.. you can not trut 100% ( sometimes he use his blog to poison volleybal's personalities who are not in his friendship circle) .. but nowadays who we can trust 100%... His blog has commited several mistakes like yesterday when he spoke about Castro losing his spot in Superliga to Botafogo.. but he has good information too.

• I hope Fabiola goes to Rio 2016, She derseves this Olympic participation.

yep, Bruno Voloch its not a reliable source.. you can not trut 100% ( sometimes he use his blog to poison volleybal's personalities who are not in his friendship circle) .. but nowadays who we can trust 100%... His blog has commited several mistakes like yesterday when he spoke about Castro losing his spot in Superliga to Botafogo.. but he has good information too.

He keeps guessing all the time. When he says something that is actually 100% right, you can be sure he has taken it from another source, such as WoV or any Brazilian media.
    I could spend the entire day listing the things he said he was sure about and actually was wrong in the end. Remember KYK, Sokolova and Mari in Campinas? Yesterday he talked about Sesi and said the coach would be dismissed, and today the club already denied it...
    Whatever, this is too :offtopic:
    Let's go back talking about Brazil NT!! Only 4 days until Brazilian NT preparation season starts!

• Official list for the 2016 preparation

Setters: Dani Lins, Fabíola, Roberta Ratzke, Naiane
    Opps: Sheilla, Tandara, Monique
    MBs: Fabiana, Thaísa, Juciely, Carol, Adenízia
    OHs: Natália, Fernanda Garay, Jaque, Gabi, Mari
    Liberos: Camila Brait, Léia