Brazilian NT 2016

• No one can be sure, otherwise there wouldn't be matches to decide the winner, right?
    Natália and Tandara are fresh air considering they might become starters on the team.

• No surprises!

I think the main team for RIO 2016:

Setters: Lins, Fabiola (or Roberta)

OPP: Sheilla, Tandara

OH: Natália, Fer Garay, Jaqueline, Gabi

MB: Fabiana, Thaisa, Juciely

Libero: Camila Brait.

• I think MB will be Carol and not Juciely.

Carol was the best MB of the SuperLiga with 90 blocks, Adenizia was 6th and Juciely was not even in the top 10.

• No surprices here. What is unfair to me is Claudinha not being invited. She really had a great season, especially playing a lot with the MBs... And I don't think it's fair to invited Roberta or Niane just because Ze had a conflict with her.

Alao coming back to Roberta, she played 3 really good matches and she is already a setter for the Olympics. Well she has been given many chances before, and I saw nothing spectacular from her.. just a simple solid game. Also when given the opportunity to play as a starter she was really nervous.. My point is, she has yet to prove herself to be NT material, but who knows. 4 years ago Fernandinha made the team, exactly like this

• And Carol was the best server as well, she got 37 aces.

• Other informations divulged at the press conference:

Brazil will play friendly matches between April 27 and 29 in São José dos Pinhas (PR), Dominican Republic can be one of the adversaries.

Montreux Tournament will be played with a "young team" not exactly an U-23, the coach is Wagão and Naiane will be part of the team. Some players of this group can join the main team later.

• I think MB will be Carol and not Juciely.

Carol was the best MB of the SuperLiga with 90 blocks, Adenizia was 6th and Juciely was not even in the top 10.

During the interview, ZRG said that the list was in order of priorities.

The final roster will follow this list:

Setters: Dani Lins, Fabiola (Roberta first replacement to Fabiola, and then Naiane)

MB: Fabiana, Thaisa (Juciely first replacement, second Carol and third Adenizia)

Like the others, Mari PB and Monique are the last in their position, probably they will be cut off from the final list annouced on July.

So Juciely is the first option.

• He did?! I didn't hear that, but it makes sense. I prefer Carol over Jucy and Adenízia, but I would be happy with Jucy...

During the interview, ZRG said that the list was in order of priorities.

• He did?! I didn't hear that, but it makes sense. I prefer Carol over Jucy and Adenízia, but I would be happy with Jucy...

Yes, He did.

• Well it's a logical decision IMO since Jucy is much more experienced than Carol.. Chances of either of them playing as a starter are close to 0 (of course if Fabiana and Thaisa are healthy prior to the Olympics) so in case someone has to come in to court, he would choose experience.. same as Scott with the USA in London.. Although I like Carol a lot, and would like to see her in RIo

• And Carol was the best server as well, she got 37 aces.

Zé Roberto - Said "Adenízia is great blocker , her service is not effective , but She has a good read on the net. Juciely gives us an option on both sides, and She is good blocker , her service is good. "

Zé Roberto - Said "The fight will be good, we will analyze according to the moment, Carol has exceptional service , attacks well ahead, but she needs improve her attacks from balls behind. "

Zé Roberto: "A Adenízia é ótima bloqueadora, com saque não tão eficaz, mas boa leitura na rede. A Juciely nos dá uma opção pelos dois lados, e é boa bloqueadora, com saque entre uma e a outra"

Zé Roberto: "A briga vai ser boa. Iremos analisar de acordo com o momento. A Carol tem saque excepcional, ataca bem pela frente, mas precisa melhorar a bola por trás"

• Anyone will be better than Adenizia actually - great blocker and read????? I am not sure where this opinion comes from.. This actually sounds more like Carol!

• Then I am assuming Ze Roberto will play the GP with the main roster. I would think would not be a good idea, in 2012 Brazil`s main roster played the GP but later they won the OG... so I guess he knows what is best for his team.

I still prefer Carol over Juciely

• Then I am assuming Ze Roberto will play the GP with the main roster. I would think would not be a good idea, in 2012 Brazil`s main roster played the GP but later they won the OG... so I guess he knows what is best for his team.

I still prefer Carol over Juciely

I guess so! He will use the main roster in GP.

Maybe because Sheilla didnt play a lot this season, Jaque is not in her best shape, Tandara need to play more, She didnt achieve her best shape yet.

• Adenisia had her moment maybe three four years ago....she hasnt been that great for the last couple of years...not that she is bad, but not NT level anymore I think.

Carol and Jucy showed better game I think. I think they both deserve a spot, Its very close among them....so If I was Zé Id probably go with Carol, thinking about the future of NT.

• Official list for the 2016 preparation

Setters: Dani Lins, Fabíola, Roberta Ratzke, Naiane
    Opps: Sheilla, Tandara, Monique
    MBs: Fabiana, Thaísa, Juciely, Carol, Adenízia
    OHs: Natália, Fernanda Garay, Jaque, Gabi, Mari
    Liberos: Camila Brait, Léia

Experienced and good psychological :super: