Turkish NT 2016

• Can everybody here stop mentioning Gozde Yilmaz as a player who should develop and get more playing time because she is young.. She is already 25, and gas been around more than enough.. The only time I remember her doing good was 2 years ago in Eczacibasi.. She played for Eczacibasi in the past, and showed nothing great..in Busto she was bad, this season she is also bad when given a chance.. She is a slow player, has limited attacking angles, has no defense, weak reception, only her serve is dangerous.. She can be a useful player sometimes, I'm not denying that, but she is nothing special, and there are much younger players who have yet to show themselves.. Hande is 19 for example

• Guidetti will undoubtedly improve Turkish NT ranking. But I don't think he's going to make this team to become a dark horse in the major international competitions.

• The problem for Turkey is, the players who should be developing right now like Gozde Yilmaz and Hande Baladin are sitting on bench.

However, with Guidetti I guess that Gozde Kirdar, Eda Erdem and Naz will play in NT. Turkey shoud be based on Gozde, Naz, Erdem and Kubra Akman and definetly Hande will be tried as OH and Polen as OPP. For now, it's the strongest roster possible. However, without Kirdar it will be tough to find secong OH.

agree with USAvolleyfan that Gözde Yılmaz is not a young player anymore.she should have been her best era but the situation is the opposite of that

There is Neriman who is needed for offence
    maybe Fatma Yıldırım from Bursa BB team can replace Gözde Kırdar Sonsırma and the other options are Güldeniz Önal,Birgül Güler

• and will he continuum to be VakifBank coach and NT coach? Couldnt that be a bit bias?

Yeah, that's what Lonneke said, that he will remain in Vakif, so for her there will be less of a change.
    (You can read it here: http://www.volleybalkrant.nl/n…t-maar-het-is-zijn-keuze-)

• Can everybody here stop mentioning Gozde Yilmaz as a player who should develop and get more playing time because she is young.. She is already 25, and gas been around more than enough.. The only time I remember her doing good was 2 years ago in Eczacibasi.. She played for Eczacibasi in the past, and showed nothing great..in Busto she was bad, this season she is also bad when given a chance.. She is a slow player, has limited attacking angles, has no defense, weak reception, only her serve is dangerous.. She can be a useful player sometimes, I'm not denying that, but she is nothing special, and there are much younger players who have yet to show themselves.. Hande is 19 for example

agree with you on all

• Yeah, it's extremely unprofessional. Wanting to spend more time with family is completely legit, but he knew he had a family when he was signing the new contract.
    Obviously the Turks offered him (a lot) more money.

Quoting you as you seem to summon up the problems with this move succinctly for the neutral, well and for the dutch. I know others have commented too.

I honestly don't think money was the issue here, granted no denying the economic clout of the Turkish VF. He has been offered the job before several times before obviously top dollar involved, no secret everyone has wanted him for years in Turkey to take over. But he has declined on principle, saying he doesn't agree with a coach being the NT coach of the country who he has club coaching commitments in. He was very critical when Barbolini was appointed to coach Turkish NT, who was coaching Galatasaray at the time.

Did he sign extension with Dutch VF before his baby was born? if that is the case it is understandable his change of mind when he reevaluated his decision when holding his child, but either way it is totally normal for anyone to to be off and on emotionally deciding the future being a 1st time father, it really is the most momentous time in a persons life.

Anyway now he can also be viewed as going against his principles accepting the job in circumstances he criticized others for. But i personally hold someone changing his mind and principles on changing situations and new circumstances more aloft than someone who stick to their opinions no matter what, who are usually stupid, selfish people without the capability to process new things. But the guy, in a nutshell, genuinely did this for his young family principles be damned is my take on things here. btw i am pretty sure dutch were paying him pretty well too and he wasn't doing it for charity

I also honestly think he had have had more joy with the dutch in terms of success than the Turkish NT but i won't lie I am deliriously happy he has taken over the Turkish NT, we will see now if our players have the caliber to medal in major champs, there will be no excuses for them now. From Ferhat Akbas to Guidetti like from level 16 noob to lv 90 OP badass.

I do feel for the Dutch girls and the NT though sincerely, But i am pretty sure they will continue on their improvement trajectory.

• I'm getting pissed with all these comments about money! I remember some people claiming that there are more important things than money whenever I mentioned Guidetti. Now you all sound reverse. I don't think he picked turkey only because of money, it's again about satisfaction. This was the best the Dutch team could reach with such limited squad. In order to play the style Gio wants, two things are crucial: 1-a talented setter, 2-good receiving OHs. Look at the Dutch team, their setters are far from good and they only have one spiker who is able to receive: Grothues. Knowing these, he was very likely sure that he can't carry them to a better place.

On the other hand, turkey is full of resources. There is Naz as an established top level setter. Besides you have potential talents like Gamze, Cansu Ozbay and Arelya. There are many well established good receiving OHs like Gozde S., Guldeniz and now Fatma Yildirim. We can also add Birgul Guler who is carrying her team all alone. There are also good middles like Eda, Bahar, Kubra and Asli while Robin and Belien are the only two from the Dutch team. The only position Dutch team has a much better alternative is Opposite.

Remember that Turkish NT won against Russia and Brazil under Barbolini! So I expect them to not become a dark horse but a contender for all the cups and tournaments they attend

• I don't think he picked turkey only because of money, it's again about satisfaction. This was the best the Dutch team could reach with such limited squad. In order to play the style Gio wants, two things are crucial: 1-a talented setter, 2-good receiving OHs. Look at the Dutch team, their setters are far from good and they only have one spiker who is able to receive: Grothues. Knowing these, he was very likely sure that he can't carry them to a better place.

Then why did he renew his contract until 2020 in first place?

• Everyone who think this wasn't about the money at least up to a point is delusional. Sure this is more practical for him, but pregnancies usually don't go away over night and he was surely aware he was going to have a child when he renewed his contract. Obviously another factors came into play.
    Besides, it's not like his job with the Dutch NT would separate him from his family immediately. It's still months to go before he needed to dedicate himself to it. And still, even though coaching the Turkish NT will be easier to manage with his domestic life, it means he will be away from home quite a bit nevertheless. So, it was just about wanting to spend more time with his family, he'd give up on NT coaching and dedicate himself exclusively to Vakifbank.

None of this makes him a bad person and God knows a lot of people would have done just the same, but it is what it is.

• Guidetti renewed his contract last summer before Alison was born. The chairman of the Dutch federation stated that Guidetti brought this up just two weeks ago. They've searched for possible solutions but Gio had a clear opinion and would leave from the 1st of January. They both agreed and Gio ransomed the contract. So, in first place he even paid money (or the Turkish federation did) to get out of the Dutch federation...

• Just curious, How he's going to train two teams at same time ? Are him going to leave Vakif as well ?

International Games like OG, WCH, GP, WL and so on are in the summer when all Clubs season are off. He won`t have Vak and the Turkish NT at the same time, just like any other coach around the world, they can have 2 jobs, Club and NT Team. Bernanrdinho for example is the coach of Rexona women`s team and the Brazil men`s team.

• Then why did he renew his contract until 2020 in first place?

Maybe he didn't have an offer from Turkey back then? People can change, they can feel demotivated about something they found interesting for a while. This is very natural. I don't blame Guidetti if he actually thought he can't add more to the Dutch team anymore. The only problem with him is, he talks very big things which he can't make it happen. He needs to learn to shut up sometimes...

• International Games like OG, WCH, GP, WL and so on are in the summer when all Clubs season are off. He won`t have Vak and the Turkish NT at the same time, just like any other coach around the world, they can have 2 jobs, Club and NT Team. Bernanrdinho for example is the coach of Rexona women`s team and the Brazil men`s team.

Thx rbdfabio for the Info. I'm a "occasional" volleyball fan and I'm still very noob in many aspects regarding this sport.

As for Guidetti, I think the main reason why people become so "emotional" about his move is because many feel that he quits the Dutch team without finish his job. What I mean is Guidetti had indeed helped the Dutch team to reach to the more higher level. But it was just a "partial" success and many expect him to "finish" his job. I'm pretty sure people would be more indulgent toward Guidetti and with his move if the Dutch team won a medal in this Olympic Game.

• Ducth team would haver the potential to becoming a top Matinal Team on Volleyball, Guidetti really made an amazing job. imo he knows have a better condicionado than he had in Germano and Netherlands, more players and more teams Who can use this players on high level. For sure i didnt expect this, because Turkish federativo had put a weak coach to guide an amazing Turkish generation in to way tô get a ticket to Rio. Really ashamed was Turkey in that qualification process.

Naz, Vakif back up setter, Ganze, arelya
    Meriem Boz, Pólen, Verem, Gozde Yilmaz
    Sonsirma, Fátima Y., Hande, Seyma, Meliha, Neriman
    Kubra, Ozgenur, Bahar, Eda,

There are to many good/decent players who can improve in the next four years. I think that Guidetti Will estimulantes players to play Abroad or in others clube with opportunities to play as starter.

Netherlands main weapon was an overall progress and Lonekke fast/extraordinary development

Turkish NT can be much better, righ know i would try tô play with Hande Baladin as an opp receiver with Sonsirma and Neriman as OH. If Guidetti fins an world class hitter in this four years, for sure Turkey NT Will becoming a Power house

• No matter how much effort Guidetti puts into coaching the Dutch, they will never reach greater heights than their OG finish. The current roster is really lacking. And finding young prospects would be hard in the Netherlands as they dont have a high level volleyball league. Guidetti made full use of what the team had and yielded more than satisfying results.

In Turkey, he would be able to work and experiment with lots of players both young and veterans. And the Turks are already very familiar with him so adjusting is not an issue. It looks like the Turkish national team is deteriorating, I mean just look how they werent able to qualify for Rio Olympics.

• I think that we can not build a Wall to the dutch potential, for sure they have right now a better team than Turkish but a huge Gap in resource ( players, Local competition, teams u 23).

In 2014 Pietersen was the player for dutch team And no one expect Lonekke show up in Guidetti's era. So, Guidetti improve almost every player and for sure Netherlands would have a good team for Tokyo and more experienced. I think that If Guidetti turn Belien in a decent MB why not he can improve others MB?

Djiekma
    Lonekke
    Pietersen, Plak, Bujis, maret
    Robin, Belien

I think that even with Limited resources in four years Guidetti would be able to bring others players to international level.

Improving setter, Líbero and OH positions.

• Guidetti can cherry pick some of most talented players and coaching staff around the world in club level. But now, his choices are limited and he need to chose the right puppies and train them for the 2020. In other words, he needs to build his own furniture, instead of buying an assembly kit from IKEA. Probably soon, more heads are going to roll in the Turkish NT coaching community as well.

• I am glad to hear the news about Guidetti. I do not agree with the criticism about being "unprofessional". This is his job, and it is not surprising move to break the current contract when you get a better one. I think the reason why he did not accept the offer of Turkish federation before is that previous federation members were strictly against the idea of that NT coach works also as trainer of a club. Previous federations always insist to have a "full-time" NT coach who would observe NT players during whole season and organize camps to help development of young players. However, Guidetti never wanted to quit his job in Vakıfbank which is quite understandable. It seems like new president of Turkish volleyball federation is not insisting to have a "full-time" NT coach. I think that is why Guidetti changed his mind and finally accept the offer from Turkish federation.

I do not expect a drastic drop in the level of Dutch NT, at least not as big as German NT since Dutch NT has a bunch of top players although they lack a wide roster.

For Turkey, it is great news for sure. Since Motta we have never had a good coach who can use the huge potential of our NT. Considering so many experienced veteran players and talented promising players, Turkey NT is one of the most under-achieved teams (with Croatian and Ukranian NTs). Now I really wonder if Guidetti will make radical changes in the NT roster and focus on youngster to develop her "own" team that will be formed for 2020 Tokyo. If this would be the case, most probably we won't see Gözde, Güldeniz, Eda and even Neriman. This would be indeed the best way to go. Almost all members of Dutch NT was from 1990-91 generation and it worked quite well during OG because 25-27 age interval is generally the age that most players reach their pick shape. Following this logic, I expect Guidetti to mainly focus on our golden generation (1994-95) and younger ones. We have a few good players from 1996-97 (Arelya Karasoy (S), Cansu Özbay (S), Hande Baladin (offensive OH), Ada Germen(defensive OH), Melis Yılmaz (L)). Besides, almost all starting players of 1998-99 generation is already playing in first division and showing good prospect. I can't wait for seeing their progress under the guidance of Guidetti.

By the way, I agree that Gözde Yılmaz is a loss case. Instead of her Hande should be developed as offensive OH (successor of Neriman) she is the only player who has the exposive power that Neriman also has.

• btw..i wonder if Guidetti had took over the NT officially...who would he pick up as second setter? Gamze Alikaya or Cansu Özbay ?
    Gamze deserves it..even Arelya Karasoy deserves more than Cansu bcz Arelya has already been playing in Sarıyer while Cansu is mainly on the bench
    i think Guidetti as a professional trainer/coach would pick up Gamze otherwise this would be seen the result of training Vakıfbank team

• I hope to see in the calls of giovanni players of teams like: bursa, cannakale, besiktas, halkbank, sariyer, idman, nilufer and seramiksan. And I hope some players get back up at great times. I wanted the confederation to intervene at the border of foreigners. Eczacibasi have 6 foreigners and Turks like that. Turkish players need to play MUCH MORE and get back up