Serbian NT 2016

• OK, so we finally have some news. The roster for Montreux is out and it's probably the best starting point, with little (if any) changes to be expected.

S: Maja Ognjenović, Bojana Živković, Danica Radenković, Slađana Mirković
    OPP: Tijana Bošković, Sanja Malagurski, Ana Bjelica
    MB: Milena Rašić, Stefana Veljković, Jovana Stevanović, Maja Savić, Mina Popović, Maja Aleksić
    OH: Jelena Nikolić, Brižitka Molnar :rolleyes: , Brankica Mihajlović, Tijana Malešević, Bianka Buša, Ivana Đerisilo, Jovana Vesović
    L: Silvija Popović, Suzana Ćebić

It can be one hell of a team with everyone healthy. Of course, an injury to one of the starters and it's an entirely different game. Please God, no repeat of the 2012 nightmare. At least the OG qualification is out of the way this time, so even if there are smaller injuries and stuff, players can get fully focused on recovering for Rio.

I guess 90% of the OG lineup is already set in stone, barring injuries of course. Živković will almost certainly get the nod in front of Radenković, but I don't think it matters much which one out of them gets to go. I just PRAY that Malagurski get selected as the backup OPP instead of Bjelica who's had a horrendous season. And that Molnar will be as far away from the roster as possible.

• Im praying nobody gets injured.

Im happy to see Sanja Malagurski, but I think right now Ana Bjelica is Boskovic`s back up, and Bjelica played well this season. But I think will depend on their performace in the Mountreux and Grand Prix, to see who will make it.

Remember when Zoran cut off Malagurski form the WCH saying she has some kind of injured, and she denied saying she was fine. I hope he does not hold personal feelings towards her.

I dont even know why Derisilo is on the list. If she makes to the Olympics I will be pissed, that spot is for Malesevic.

MBs of course Rasic and Stevanovic will be the startes and Veljkovic back up.

but do you know if the main squad will play at the Mountreux? The Mountreux final is Sunday June 5th, Serbia starts at the Grand Prix on the 9th Thrusday.

• Did Krsmanovic ever actually retire from NT or is she just not chosen anymore? If Molnar still gets called, it's weird Krsmanovic does not...

She didn't want to play last year but it wasn't presented as a definite retirement. Although, she's always been a rather reserved person so it wouldn't surprise me at all if she just quietly retired without making a big deal out of it.
    I guess it's difficult to decide what to do with a player like her. Realistically speaking, she doesn't have a place on the Olympic team if everyone is fit. And at this point of her career and after having been on the team so long, it wouldn't be fair to take her to smaller tournaments and deny her the big prize. On the other hand, if any of the starters can't make it to Rio I'd much rather see her on the team than any of the alternatives, so... I don't know.

Remember when Zoran cut off Malagurski form the WCH saying she has some kind of injured, and she denied saying she was fine. I hope he does not hold personal feelings towards her.

For all his reputation and conflict with players, I don't think he's actually the type to hold a grudge. I mean, Đerisilo once trash-talked him in public like there's no tomorrow, basically called him a worthless coach, swore she'd never come back as long as he's in charge and so on, only to return a couple of years later like nothing happened.
    If he selected Malagurski, I'm sure she's in his plans. I'm just afraid that Bjelica is a sentimental favourite of his, he really likes her for some reasons, so she'll be his pick in the end. We'll see.

We should get the more detailed preparation plan one of these days.

• Great to see Malagurski back, She deserves a spot.

That's the thing I like about Krsmanovic. She seemingly is a reserved person no matter on the court or not, but she does her job very well. With the current shape of Rasic and Stevanovic, I think Terzic has made a wise decision. Though, I want to see Nataša as long as possible and she's still a solid player.

Djerisilo and Vesovic back, whlp, what to say. The first one seems to be very lucky when it comes to the olympics, Hopefully she won't get selected. I'd rather give that spot to Malesevic or Malagurski regardless of what position they play.

No olympic games ever for Ana Antonijevic ;(

• They have great middle player, Jovana, Milen and Stefania, maybe the best in the world.

• neither malagurski nor bjelica could reach Boskovic level.
    so i prefer bring one OPP and 5 OHs.
    Mihajlovic could be second OPP, Djerisilo as well.They both could help receiving.
    Serbia has great powerfire and three wonderful blockers.Once it has good receives, it wins.

• According OSSRB 31 players on list for GP and OG. Brakočević is back ;)

S: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ (NORDMEKANIKA PJAĆENCA, ITALIJA), BOJANA ŽIVKOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA), DANICA RADENKOVIĆ (ATOM TREFL SOPOT, POLJSKA) I SLAĐANA MIRKOVIĆ (DINAMO, PANČEVO).

OPP: MARTA DRPA (CSM TARGOVIŠTE, RUMUNIJA), JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ (BEZ KLUBA), ANA BJELICA (SALIHLI BELEDIJESPOR MANISA, TURSKA), TIJANA BOŠKOVIĆ (EZAČIBAŠI ISTANBUL, TURSKA) I SANJA MALAGURSKI (TRABZON IDMAN ODŽAGI, TURSKA).

L: SILVIJA POPOVIĆ (VOLERO CIRIH, ŠVAJCARSKA), SUZANA ĆEBIĆ (CSM TARGOVIŠTE, RUMUNIJA) I TEODORA PUŠIĆ (VIZURA).

MB: MILENA RAŠIĆ (VAKIFBANK ISTANBUL, TURSKA), STEFANA VELJKOVIĆ (HEMIK POLICE, POLJSKA), JOVANA STEVANOVIĆ (POMI KAZALMAĐORE, ITALIJA), NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ (IL BIZONTE, FIRENCA), NAĐA NINKOVIĆ (IL BIZONTE, FIRENCA), MAJA SAVIĆ (MKS MUŠINA, POLJSKA), MINA POPOVIĆ (OBJETIVO VIĆENCA, ITALIJA), JOVANA KOCIĆ (VIZURA) I MAJA ALEKSIĆ (VIZURA).

OH: JELENA NIKOLIĆ (BURSA BUJUKŠEHIR, TURSKA), BRIŽITKA MOLNAR (PANATINAIKOS, GRČKA), BRANKICA MIHAJLOVIĆ (FENERBAHČE GRUNDIG ISTANBUL, TURSKA), TIJANA MALEŠEVIĆ (IGOR GORGONZOLA NOVARA, ITALIJA), BJANKA BUŠA (CSM TARGOVIŠTE, RUMUNIJA), IVANA ĐERISILO (ATOM TEFL SOPOT, POLJSKA), JOVANA VESOVIĆ (ALBA BLAŽ, RUMUNIJA), LJILJANA RANKOVIĆ (VIZURA), BOJANA MILENKOVIĆ (CRVENA ZVEZDA) I KATARINA LAZOVIĆ (VIZURA).

• Does Sanja Malarguski can play as OH? ..Wasn`t she OH when Brakocevic was on the team?....if she could play as OH would be better, because she`s a more powerfull spiker than Malesevic and Nikolic. But Nikolic is scoring a lot this season also.

I was 100% going for Malarguski, but now with Brakocevic back, I dont know, but I would still prefer Malarguski once she`s having a greart season and Brakocevic was pregnant.

Rankovic was on the list for the Grand Prix last year, only problem is that she`s only 1.81cm

• Yeeees, Jovana is back! but if ever she'll play either she or Boskovic will be benched. Hope one of them will change to OH lol.

• Terzic will have a luxury dilemma, speaking of which, he has many good players in every position, perhaps aside from liberos.
    Personally I'd take Malagurski as OH, so that she could replace Mihajlovic in case of having a bad day. Brakocevic, I don't know what shape she will be in, she definitely should prove during the whole summer to be taken. Boskovic will be starter anyway. If she makes the cut, it's going to be her 3rd olympic games, for a 28 yo player I think it's pretty amazing.

Here's my list. Bjelica, Drpa and Vesovic - Too weak for a team seeking for an Olympic medal. Cebic, I don't know, maybe she's still better than Popovic.

S : Ognjenovic, Zivkovic
    OPP : Boskovic, Brakocevic
    OH : Mihajlovic, Malagurski, Malesevic, Nikolic
    MB : Stevanovic, Rasic, Veljkovic
    L : S.Popovic

• Terzić was very brief about the return of Brakočević and Đerisilo. "They both have been and still are the Serbian NT players. That's all there is to it. Those who deserve it will play."

I can't imagine Brakočević will be ready, but it's good to know they're still counting on her and she's willing to play.

Aleksandra Crnčević should have been given a call as well, I'm kinda surprised she wasn't. I guess everyone has long given up on the possibility of Jelena Blagojević playing on NT.

• Im surprised Crncevic is not on there and also Adela Helic, she played very well this season in Poland.

Maybe because Crncevic is alreday 28, and she would not make the team anyways, so is better to give the chance/experience for some of the young ones.

• Im surprised Crncevic is not on there and also Adela Helic, she played very well this season in Poland.

Maybe because Crncevic is alreday 28, and she would not make the team anyways, so is better to give the chance/experience for some of the young ones.

She didn't actually... :roll:

• Look at % in spike and efficiency. Muszyna doesn't want to keep Adela for next season.

• The roster has been shortened to 24 players. Those who dropped out are Jovana Kocić, Maja Aleksić, Teodora Pušić, Bojana Milenković, Katarina Lazović, Nađa Ninković and Nataša Krsmanović.
    I guess it means we won't be seeing Nataša on NT again.

• Im glad Brokocevic and Malarguski were not dropped.

The roster has been shortened to 24 players. Those who dropped out are Jovana Kocić, Maja Aleksić, Teodora Pušić, Bojana Milenković, Katarina Lazović, Nađa Ninković and Nataša Krsmanović.
    I guess it means we won't be seeing Nataša on NT again.