Serbian NT 2016

• Good to hear they are so popular, they really deserve all the credit they get for another great international season, though I do wish they had gone home with gold. I really hope Maja stays on a personal level (just love watching her!) but also for the good of the team. She is the best setter in the world and I'm not sure if her replacement could step up to that level. Is Antonijevic ever likely to play for the nt again? The opposite is true for Nikolic, sadly. I don't like to say it because she has been so good in the past, but her performances for the nt in that Olympic cycle were consistently bad and Terzic should have stopped picking her years ago and only didn't out of loyalty to her, I believe.

I dont think there was much alternative to Nikolic in past a few years. Who could you name? Molnar? Djerisilo? Vesoviç? Serbia does not have any promising OHs although they already have a lot of talented young MBs like Savic, Popoviç, Trniç, Canak and Kociç

• I dont think there was much alternative to Nikolic in past a few years. Who could you name? Molnar? Djerisilo? Vesoviç? Serbia does not have any promising OHs although they already have a lot of talented young MBs like Savic, Popoviç, Trniç, Canak and Kociç

Yeah, you are right to say that OH is not a strong position for Serbia. Personally I'd rather have seen Vesovic, Blagojevic, Malagurski or maybe Bursac (though I admit I've only seen a few matches of hers) ahead of Nikolic in the past few years. Serbia had much better performances in the WC and OG than they did in the WCH. This is because Terzic began to realise that Malesevic is far more useful than Nikolic. I believe that if Nikolic had been a starter in the WC and OG then Serbia would not have won a medal in either one. I really do feel bad saying all that, because I do respect Nikolic as a key part of the history of this team. I guess if Terzic wanted her there because she is good in the locker room and a good influence on the other players then that is fair enough.

• Why Malarguski has been playing as OP in club?

When she played for Osasco she was OH ( I'm assuming that because they had Sheila).

Would be nice if she could play as OH this upcoming season in Italy, same as for Mihajlovic in China. ( even for Ana Bejlica in Brazil ). If they could develop those skills in club would be great for using them as OH in the NT.

But Busa has the potential she's 22 and only needs a few more improvements. I feel the same way when I saw Larson in the NT , first few years she was very inconsistent, especially in attack, and only after 2012 she became stable. Busa will be a star. ( I have same feeling with Anastasia Guerra).

• Maja Ognjenović will most likely retire from NT. Dedicating the entire summer to volleyball is taking its toll and for the last two years she's found it increasingly difficult to cope and motivate herself. And now that she's won an Olympic medal she feels like she has nothing left to prove. It's not a final decision yet, but she's saying it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone if she's not on the team next year. And if she's not there, it means it's over and she won't be back again.

She'd now like to dedicate herself more to club volleyball and would especially like to win the Champions League. She also wants to stay in Turkey for the rest of her career.

• As expected, volleyball team got the award as the women's team of the year in Serbia. The one accepting the award at the ceremony was Bianka Buša, which I don't, is kinda underwhelming? But hey, at least she'll have something to remember.

• Anybody knows is basketball player Nemanja Bjelica ( he plays in the NBA) is related to Ana Bjelica?

His Profile.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemanja_Bjelica

In theory, I only know Sanja Starovic and Sasa Starovic are sisters and brothers.
    Other volleyball players with the same surnames are hardly related to each other in Serbia.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yeah I think he plays or used to play for Montenegro NT.

She also has a sister that is a basketball player.