Brazilian NT 2017

• After the disappointment of the last Olympics, Brazil will finally start renewing the team. Sheila and Fabiana already announced their retirement and some other players will probably do the same (Fabiola, Juciely, Adenizia). Jaqueline said that she hasn't just decided if she will retire from the National Team neither Fernanda Garay.

Still, we have a bunch of players who can form a basis for this new team:
    -Thaísa (29 yrs)
    -Dani Lins (31 yrs)
    -Natalia (27yrs)
    -Gabi(22yrs)
    -Leia (31 yrs)

Brazil doesn't have the sequence of generations that won gold in JWCH last decade (2001-2003-2005-2007), but we have some young prospects that can grow up and perform well:

Setter: Naiane (22 yrs - 1,80 -3rd season as a starter in Minas Tenis club) and Juma (23 yrs - 1,81 - she is now titular in Bauru team, hope she finnaly improves!)

Opposite Hitter: Paula Borgo (23 yrs - 1,87 - Went to Osasco tem and it's getting better every season) and Lorenne (20 yrs - 1,86 - will finnaly play as a titular ins SESI team)

Outside Hitter: Rosamaria (22 yrs - 1,85 - she is originally an OPP, but she played as a wing spiker in 2013 JWCH, she will probably do the transition for OH this season), Drussyla (20 yrs - 1,82 - she is in Rexona still benching, but has been playing as titular in many tournaments with U 23/ B team recently, hope she can play!), Natalia (21 yrs - 1,91 - she played as an OPP in last U23 south american championship, but she is an OH, hope she plays in SESI team) and Maira (21 yrs - 1,85 - she is still a stiff attacker, tough she can pass decently. Don't know if she will play titular in Pinheiros this year)

Middle Blocker: Valquíria (22 yrs - 1,90 - after two seasons benching in Minas, she is now titular in Bauru team and has been playing really well this pre-season), Milka (22 yrs - 1,90 - played well in Sao Bernardo team last season, now is a titular in Pinheiros, see is she can improve) and Saraellen (22 ys - 1,86 - Will be titular in Osasco team, see what she can do)

Libero: Ju paes (playing on Pinheiros team) and Lais (will play her 1st season in SESI team)

Also, there are some girls from the Junior and Youth levels, but still too early to say something from them. From the youth team, there is Kenya (15 yrs 1,85 setter) and Julia Bergman (15 yrs 1,90 OH) who seem to be promissing. From junior team, there are the MBs Diana (17 yrs 1,91) and Karyna (17 yrs 1,93), Maria Eduarda (17 yrs 1,85 OH)....

• For OP I think Helo (Rexona) could end having a chance, especially after spending a season with Bernardino.

Also Malu (Praia Clube), too bad she bench for Ramirez.

MB - I like Mara ( Minas)

I hope Jaque, Dani Lins, Garay and Thaiza retires.

Brazil has a lot of young talented girls. Just look at what China did and showed to the world " experience" does not really matter. Brazil's average age in the OG was 30 while China's only 24, also Serbia's 26 and having Boskovic only 19.

• Hey, nice info you put together here! :) I don't know many young girls that could join the senior NT in the future (still catching up on that), so it's good to read all of this.

A few notes: Laís already played one season as starter in Minas in 2014/2015. Also, is Saraelen really 1,86? Last I heard, she was like 1,83/1,84.

Anyway, I think I agree with everything you wrote here. I think Superliga will be crucial this next season as many teams are investing in younger players, so there's a chance we'll see someone new shine, just like Douglas Souza did in the male league. As for the players who we already know, I have high hopes for Paula Borgo, Rosamaria, Drussyla, Lorenne, Naiane, Laís, Valquíria, Fran, Milka and perhaps Mara. I like Gabi (the other one, with 1,75m), but her height kills any chance she could have in the NT imo.

• Hey, nice info you put together here! :) I don't know many young girls that could join the senior NT in the future (still catching up on that), so it's good to read all of this.

A few notes: Laís already played one season as starter in Minas in 2014/2015. Also, is Saraelen really 1,86? Last I heard, she was like 1,83/1,84.

Anyway, I think I agree with everything you wrote here. I think Superliga will be crucial this next season as many teams are investing in younger players, so there's a chance we'll see someone new shine, just like Douglas Souza did in the male league. As for the players who we already know, I have high hopes for Paula Borgo, Rosamaria, Drussyla, Lorenne, Naiane, Laís, Valquíria, Fran, Milka and perhaps Mara. I like Gabi (the other one, with 1,75m), but her height kills any chance she could have in the NT imo.

Lais was a starter in that season? I definitely don't remember! :what:

Saraellen is 1,86, even though the official height is 1,84. It's the same thing with Gabriela Guimarães, who has 1,80 but every roster she is with 1,76!

• Great thread :drink:

I watched the last South American U-18 and seems CBV finally is trying to develop tall players instead of insists in the short ones who are already more skilled.

Curious note about Julia Bergman, she is German and came very young to Brazil. His father is German and his mother is Brazilian.

• Great thread :drink:

I watched the last South American U-18 and seems CBV finally is trying to develop tall players instead of insists in the short ones who are already more skilled.

Curious note about Julia Bergman, she is German and came very young to Brazil. His father is German and his mother is Brazilian.

Yeeeah, I watched the tournament too and was shocked at how tall those girls are. :what: There's a 2.00m MB named Jéssica too, right?
    From what I saw of the U18 starter team, I really the entire starter team, except maybe for Mayara (OPP) who didn't really caught my eye. The MBs + Mariana were pretty impressive.

• Plus .. setter: Roberta ( Rio), Opp: Ivna, OH: Ellen, MB: Angélica, Maihara, Carol and Ana Beatriz. Libero: Andressa.

• Ivna unfortunately became a very irregular player... she was a promissing OH when she was 17-18 yrs, MVP of Junior South American Championship 2008 and the biggest revelation in 2008/2009 season of Superliga, but then a knee injury completely stopped that. She came back as an OPP, but far from the player she could be...

Roberta is still a good bet, she will finaly be a starter in Rexona team and improve her game, but for me, she will be surpassed by Naiane sooner ou later, even Juma can show a better game is she keeps improving...

Ellen started well, but she never really did a good job in NT. Every time she came in she couldn't show her best, so I don't think she will be called. Now she is a sub in Praia team, so no gameplay for her...

Mayhara keeps being a sub in Rexona team, she could have gonne further in her career, but now she seems confortable in the bench...

I don't think Angelica can become a world-class MB, she is already 27 and never really showed anything better...

Ana Beatriz never really wanted NT. She was called by Ze two consecutive years, but she always declined. That's a pitty, because seh has always been a very promissing MB, could have been 3rd MB in front of Adenizia and Juciely, but now she is only gaining weight. Let's see what she can show in Osasco team...

And finaly Carol. She is an excellent MB, but unfortunately the big teams are showing bigger middles (Rasic 1,90/ Yuan 2,00/ Akman 1,97/ Chirichela 1,95/ De Kruijf 1,92/ Adams 1,88) so she probably won't be really helpful. I prefer building bigger MB, even tough they are not so good right now...

• Yeeeah, I watched the tournament too and was shocked at how tall those girls are. :what: There's a 2.00m MB named Jéssica too, right?
    From what I saw of the U18 starter team, I really the entire starter team, except maybe for Mayara (OPP) who didn't really caught my eye. The MBs + Mariana were pretty impressive.

This is one of the most promissing generation of players we have in such a long time. Julia Bergman was originally an OPP, but she was moved to the OH. Even tough her receiving skills are not good, she is already a great spiker. And she can grow up more (has 1,90 tall!). Mariana Brambila is a 1,80 OH who can jump well and spike hard. Hope she grows at least 1-2 cm. MBs: DAniela Seibt is already 1,88 and Tainara 1,87 (teh later can play also as an OH/OPP), and Jessica is already 2,00m (tough she is still slow)...

• Thaisa said to a brazilian newspaper that she is upset with Zé Roberto, and that unless some things change she wont come back to NT.

http://extra.globo.com/esporte…xar-selecao-20041366.html

"I've been to a lot this year. I don't want to and I won't pass through these situations again. If there are some changes in NT, I can stay. If not, I'll hardly stay"

She complained she was not much used as she could by coach option.

I'm not sure if that compain its really fair to be honest. She wasnt playing that well the hole year. I mean, of course she had all the injuries problem, but the truth is she wasnt playing like she played once, she wasnt making a difference like she once did...so I mean, was Zé really the one to blame for chosing to play with Jucy...she did good when she entered. But I guess its easier to complain and go public after you lose. Unless there were other problems she didnt want to go public with, dont know...

• It is definetly not fair for her to say such things... I wonder if Brazil had won the Olympics, would she give some credit to Ze Roberto? I doubt about it.
    Jucy did a great job during the Olympics and Brazil won every single match with her by 3x0... in the quarterfinals Thaisa was simply doing nothing in the court and Juciely was actually one of the main responsibles for letting Brazil even play the tie break. With Thaisa in the court during the 4th set, I think Brazil would have lost by 3x1.
    By the way, this is not the first time Thaisa complains about a coach or a player, but I think it's the first time she does that on public. Everyone knows that she was responsible for having Carol Albuquerque and Fabiola getting fired from Osasco some years ago. Also, she tried to get coach Luizomar fired but wasn't able to do so, that's why she left the team.

• I knew this drama was coming, but quite unfair by Thaisa said those things about Zé Roberto, she complain Carcaces in public after lose a match in SL this year, and that was awful, but now, seems even more selfish.

• There are two young players that can also show something good in Sao Paulo State Championship: Amabilie Koester (21 yrs, 1,85 OH), who is playing in SESI and doing some nice matches; also we have Paula Mohr (22 yrs, 1,87 OH), who is playing in São Caetano team. She didn't seemed very promissing overall, but is playing well and maybe can grow more as a player.

We also have Edinara Brancher (20 yrs, 1,86 OH). She is a sub in São Caetano team but is playing some matches as a titular. She was from the same generation of Drussyla and Lorenne, but since 2012 she was banned from NT. I never knew why this happened, in Brazillian forums nobody wants to talk about it (some say it was really bad what she did...)

• So, I wonder....will Thaisa retire from NT?

I guess she will ask to come back right before the WCh in 2018... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

• Ze is a good coach. Brazil women didn't like that they lost... And they have to blame someone. Ze can't stop someone from passing bad, or hitting into the block, or missing a serve or the emotional nervous a player can have. Heck I sure wouldn't like to lose especially when you had a talent group who have worked together for a long time. There were just other better teams.

Why is Bernardo Rocha de Rezende the Women's head coach? The men got the Gold with him.

• http://www.lance.com.br/tempor…or-jose-roberto-guimaraes

This was the interview for the press reassuring one more cycle with Ze Roberto

He said that U19 team is talented and have nice prospects. Said also there was good revelation in U17 team (didn't say the name - Julia Bergman?)

Said that was a painful loss and din't expected to be against China so soon.

SAid that some players want to go on pregnancy (Dani LIns and Fernanda Garay)

Sais that he is trying to buid a team for Superliga 2nd division