Brazilian NT 2017

• Thaisa gave an interview to ESPN in Brazil...

honestly after reading this Im not sure if we will see her in Nt again....she seems a bit depressed with everything that happened....and tehre were definitely some relantionship problems with Nt after the Olympics....

http://espnw.espn.uol.com.br/t…r.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It is a bit to big to translate right now....maybe you can use the translator?

• what is mara doing in nt?

Of all included in the list of ze roberta only amanda is doing great. Serve and reception.
    I think its a bad idea to have gabi as libero. The problem why brazil lost to previous 3 matches was reception. Their defense is ok.

Ju paes and other liberos must be welcomed in NT.
    Im ok for noe for the three brazilian mb's.
    Hope more selection in the outside hitter category! :)

• My problem with Mara is she's already middle age old for female volleyball players and she's stilk being benched.

The transition is going to be nasty for Brazil if the introduction of youth players to the senior team is late again.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• if ze would be drastic in changing the national brazil senior women's volleyball team.. here are my suggestions

he'll cut mara and add either karyna malachias (under 20 MB) or jessica silva 200 cm; im very much ok with adenizia she blocks with precision
    regarding opposites, tainara, lorrayna da silva in the psoition of edinara brancher as second opposite, who knows?
    setter is really roberta and macris no doubt but if ZE makes another turn around and give the second setter to the captain of the under 18 team would be better...

regarding outside hitters, julia bergman, fe garay and natalia vs rosa maria, lorenne, vs paula borgo... drussyla is good but still not at par.. rosa maria needs more training at receiving... natalia should just be calm... fe garay still has the spirit and the stamina,, julia bergmann is young and yet courageous gotta see her upclose in the under 18 games after the finals in china...

libero ju paes pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Unless Drussyla explodes in the next Superliga or WGP next year, she'll get cut for WCH or put into reserve.

Rosamaria's advantage is practically playing outside and opposite hitter so she'll be priority imo.

Amanda proved to be the most effective bench player of Brazil and her serve saved Brazil a lot of times. Unless her form falters she'll get a slot for next season and WCH.

About the setter, it really depends on Dani Lins.

I still don't trust Macris. She wasn't really impactful and I feel Naiane has it over her when it comes to age and potential. Roberta will be back-up or titular depending on Dani Lins.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• dani lins should just play at clubs.
    Roberta is so good imho.. good serve, good blocking, good set as well... must practice well in reception.. if naiane is still questionable, i bet ze could put an eye to karyna malachia captain of under 18 brazilian womens volleyball team..

• lucky you if u win Netherlands in straight sets!

I dont think anyone, even Ze Roberto, actually thought Brazil would win this competition. TBH the only teams that are genuine contenders for this competition are China and Serbia since they are the only full first teams. Probably Italy also given that this is their second international cycle with the same team. For the others it is really about building and looking to see what kind of team they can have for this post olympic cycle. It is true that Brazil don't seem to have as much depth at the moment as the other teams. I guess world championships will show what state they are truly in.

• Oh man is Tandara sending me a message? :hit:

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…ares-me-with-sheilla.html

Crazy but I like her as the tournament gone on but as the future permanent opposite it's still up in the air. With the MBs too small, Brazil definitely needs someone more reliable on the wings. Faster, higher and younger. :whistle:

I think she's the titular for World Championship but for Tokyo Olympics. Brazil probably needs someone new. :white:

#FreeBritney

• first and foremost: i really commend brazil's trchnical staff headed by ze roberto...can you bekive it a back to back at fivb grandprix!!!!!

Setter - roberta should really be titular come wch and tokyo olympics! And the second setter is still up for grabs for macris and naiane... naiane has a slightly edge over macris.. but macris is not the superliga best setter for how many times in a row for noting!!!!

Opposite - i admire tandara's athleticism! She may be criticize as bad in the selection but those who said that are still living the brazilian golden era 2008-2014 where shiela is still at her prime. In 2012 tandara is already a substitue for sheilla.. if still one comment u haters of tandara would hear from me, tandara's spikes are more powerful than shiella!!! Should tandara loses a few more inches, she could literally can make a run of egonu and boskovic's money

5n1 inversion:
    Lorenne - i will warch her and edinara in the under 23 for updates. Didnt know why she wasnt called thiugh
    Edinara - power down the line attacks as well, blocks efficiently

Outside hitter :
    Natalia - titular, play well individually.. someone should cover the pass so she could spike well.., high balls could be her edge over zhu!
    Fe garay - still my all time favorite at 1.79!!!!! She has the power!!! 2011 best receiver awardee!!!

Next in line:
    Rosa maria - she should train very well in reception so she could get titular.
    Gabi - i dont know but her reception is really at its best, nice service as well
    Drussyla - she must explode come next superliga or she'll get cut or benched

Mb - still up for grabs:
    Bia - warrior! No doubt best in three in blocking, service and reception
    Carol - very wuick among the three
    Adenizia - when shes at heat, brazil fires up! When its not her day, ahe falters! But freat spike very strong!!!
    Juciely - age is not a number!!! The best among the four
    Thaiss -her injury will make it bad for her to be selected but who know

Libero:
    Gabi - tiular
    Ju paes

Amanda - she is brazil's lucky charm i love her reception booty serves!!!!

Bubbling up:
    Tainara
    Julia bergmann

• Some of you guys need to chill with the U-20/18 girls, they are not gonna be called to the NT any time soon. It's kinda crazy how everyone's putting so much hope onto Júlia Bergmann when she's only like 16. She has big potential, sure, but there's still a long way to go until she makes it to the senior NT (if she does).

I think the team is good as it is now. We'll have to see how Edinara and Lorenne perform in the next U23 championship and the next Superliga, imo they're the only ones that might join the adult NT this current cycle.

• Some of you guys need to chill with the U-20/18 girls, they are not gonna be called to the NT any time soon. It's kinda crazy how everyone's putting so much hope onto Júlia Bergmann when she's only like 16. She has big potential, sure, but there's still a long way to go until she makes it to the senior NT (if she does).

I think the team is good as it is now. We'll have to see how Edinara and Lorenne perform in the next U23 championship and the next Superliga, imo they're the only ones that might join the adult NT this current cycle.

ze roberto invited fabiana to the NT when she was just 17/18 yrs old though, same with thaisa. regla torres of cuba won her first olympic gold medal at the age of 17 as well. it all boils down w/c players would show up and step up next superliga.

age is just one part of the equation.

• I want a more reliable opposite. I highly doubt Brazil is going to be discovering the next Zhu Ting so we're done with the Outside Hitters for now but I got a feeling Ze will require a far more terminating opposite or that fine balance between offense and defense like Sheilla. Lorenne,Edinara and whoever can become that surprise player that explodes next season in Superliga could be the one. Let me just hope for the best. :drink:

#FreeBritney

• I think people need to chill about Brazil period.
    They have a very competitive league, many talented players, and young prospects who play in their clubs even as teenagers.. Brazil had a golden generation who played really well together for a over a decade, but it's not like they have mediocre players now.. USA's team has constantly been changing dor every Olympic cycle and they have been successful.. same for many others..
    I don't think these new players should be seen as replacement for the old onces, rather as talented hardworking individuals willing to play and win..

• I think people need to chill about Brazil period.
    They have a very competitive league, many talented players, and young prospects who play in their clubs even as teenagers.. Brazil had a golden generation who played really well together for a over a decade, but it's not like they have mediocre players now.. USA's team has constantly been changing dor every Olympic cycle and they have been successful.. same for many others..
    I don't think these new players should be seen as replacement for the old onces, rather as talented hardworking individuals willing to play and win..

Brazil didn't even almost make it to the semifinals if it weren't for Zhu Ting,Liu Xiaotong and China giving Brazil that little ray of hope. :whistle:

This team was too lucky to even be in the finals. To win it is already miracle. :white:

And considering World Championship is just around the corner. A year is even not that too long anymore to fix the wrinkles of the team. So they have to evolve. Technique or the players themselves being dropped for better ones :call: . if they can't then this team might not even going to be lucky the next time around. There's too much pressure because this is a competition not a best congeniality contest you know. :whistle:

#FreeBritney