Brazilian NT 2017

• ze roberto invited fabiana to the NT when she was just 17/18 yrs old though, same with thaisa. regla torres of cuba won her first olympic gold medal at the age of 17 as well. it all boils down w/c players would show up and step up next superliga.

age is just one part of the equation.

That was ages ago though, he's been far more conservative in regards to who he calls to the team since then. Would I like to see some 18yo like Tainara, Diana or Glayce explode in the club season and join the NT right away? Absolutely. But right now I don't see it happening. And truth be told, I'd rather have players like Rosamaria, Drussyla, Bia and Gabi improve even more than have new ones come and risk hindering their development.

• Brazil didn't even almost make it to the semifinals if it weren't for Zhu Ting,Liu Xiaotong and China giving Brazil that little ray of hope. :whistle:

This team was too lucky to even be in the finals. To win it is already miracle. :white:

And considering World Championship is just around the corner. A year is even not that too long anymore to fix the wrinkles of the team. So they have to evolve. Technique or the players themselves being dropped for better ones :call: . if they can't then this team might not even going to be lucky the next time around. There's too much pressure because this is a competition not a best congeniality contest you know. :whistle:

Well no team can be on the same level for dacades.. Cuba won everyting in the past, and where are they now.. USA didn't make it to the final round in 2014 and then they won the WCH.. And my point was people should stop comparing these new players to the old ones, Tandara is not Sheilla, Sheilla is gone that's it.. Same for Fabiana, same for Jaque.. Work with what you have and that's about it

• That was ages ago though, he's been far more conservative in regards to who he calls to the team since then. Would I like to see some 18yo like Tainara, Diana or Glayce explode in the club season and join the NT right away? Absolutely. But right now I don't see it happening. And truth be told, I'd rather have players like Rosamaria, Drussyla, Bia and Gabi improve even more than have new ones come and risk hindering their development.

But wasn't Gabi called to the NT when she was just 17 or 18 and Natalia was just 16 or 17 when she first joined the NT? What makes them different from the other young players?

Btw is Drussyla not joining the U23?

• But wasn't Gabi called to the NT when she was just 17 or 18 and Natalia was just 16 or 17 when she first joined the NT? What makes them different from the other young players?

Btw is Drussyla not joining the U23?

Gabi I believe was 19, yes. But that was coming after a superb season in Rexona early in the Olympic cycle (2013). Natália did play in the adult NT at a very young age, yes, but as I said, that was ages ago (12 years, to be precise) and she was just named MVP of her category. That hasn't happened in a while.

What I've been trying to say is that none of the youth girls have been even playing as a starter (or imediate bench player, as a matter of fact) in Superliga so far, not to mention in one of the top teams. This fact alone drastically decreases their chances of standing out and thus, joining the adult NT.

• Gabi I believe was 19, yes. But that was coming after a superb season in Rexona early in the Olympic cycle (2013). Natália did play in the adult NT at a very young age, yes, but as I said, that was ages ago (12 years, to be precise) and she was just named MVP of her category. That hasn't happened in a while.

What I've been trying to say is that none of the youth girls have been even playing as a starter (or imediate bench player, as a matter of fact) in Superliga so far, not to mention in one of the top teams. This fact alone drastically decreases their chances of standing out and thus, joining the adult NT.

Yeah, I guess it's about opportunities. You're right none of the younger players now are really standing out because they haven't had the chance to really play.

• Dani Lins will probably take the setter position when she is back even though Roberta played a great Grand Prix. Thaísa, Garay and Gabi will be good adds too.

We need to find a reliable libero right away. I know Brazil just won a competition but it won't be enough for the World Championship next year.

On the youngers, I agree they should have more playing time on Superliga before they make it to the National Team.

• Dani Lins will probably take the setter position when she is back even though Roberta played a great Grand Prix. Thaísa, Garay and Gabi will be good adds too.

We need to find a reliable libero right away. I know Brazil just won a competition but it won't be enough for the World Championship next year.

On the youngers, I agree they should have more playing time on Superliga before they make it to the National Team.

Dani Lins' time has past imo. She is a good setter but her performance has decreased over the past 2 years. I think it is time to let Roberta play as much as possible considering the fact that she is the main contender for the spot and she has been doing a great job at it.

Suelen is not enough for me. Gabi outplayed her on the final of WGP and tbh I would like to see Gabi become more regular. She brings fire to her team.

• nice to know glayce kelly is in sesi sp
    Happy to know edinara vs lorenne in under 23
    Tainara in barueri maybe a back up should tandara falters or get pregnant but i highly doubt it...

• Setter : roberta for god's sake; 2. Naiane 3. Macris
    Oh: natalia, fe garay (still strong but might rest, age is a factor though) rosamaria, drussyla, gabi
    Opposite: tandara, edinara, lorenne, tainara
    Mb: bia, adenizia, thaisa (should she continue), mara
    Libero: gabi

I believe that the next edition of superliga will catapult the names of those who will be included in the final roster for the world championship

• Coach of the Brazilian women's volleyball team, José Roberto Guimarães announced on Wednesday (09.08) the call for the SES-RJ Gabi , for the training season of the Brazilian team for the South American Championship and Champions Cup . The striker will perform at the Sportville Training Center in Barueri (SP), on Thursday (10.08).
    The South American women's volleyball will be played between August 15 and 19 in Cali, Colombia. The champions of the competition will secure a spot in the 2018 World Cup, which will take place in Japan. The green and yellow team debut will be on Tuesday (15.08) against Argentina at 15h (GMT).
    article here.. http://www.melhordovolei.com.b…orco-na-selecao-feminina/

• i really don't know what people see in Gabi... I particularly see her as a second libero...more like a Brazilian Bosetti... nothing else....

She scores a lot for a second libero.

I don't even know what's wrong if you're a spiker playing like a libero. That's like a big advantage for any team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Dani Lins announced her pregnancy. She will deliver in March 2018.

• Dani Lins announced her pregnancy. She will deliver in March 2018.

did she say anything about what`s her plans for the NT? I think she will want to come back.

I saw on UOL Jaque was on Dancing with the Stars and she asked Ze Roberto if it would be ok for her to do it, which means she`s still very much considered part of the team.

And despite what Thaiza said I think she will be back for sure.

Especially now after winning the GP, it shows Brazil is still among the top teams in the world and they will be among favorites for the WCH, and Thaiza, Fe Garay, Dani Lins, Fabiola, Leia, Jaque all want to win the first World Tittle for Brazil still.

• I read an instagram post saying Drussyla is in the U23 team.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney