Brazilian NT 2017

• Please don't mix up things here...Bernardo has coached the women NT already before. He had his contribution in the past. If he won the gold with the men NT, then let him stay there for another 4 years.
    If Ze had left, I would consider a new coach, but since there isn't many great coaches in Brazil, I'm happy he stayed.

Why is Bernardo Rocha de Rezende the Women's head coach? The men got the Gold with him.

• I'm not trying trolling and flaming things, but from strictly biomechanical perspective, I don't think It's a good idea for Brazil to have players with big silicone implants in their NT. Call me a pervert if you want but I noticed Brazil is the only team in this Olympic games that most of their players, except Gabbi, have all big b..bs.

• The silicone does not affect in anything. Thaisa said when she started to play after the surgery, only took a few days to adjust playing with them ( and she got a lot)...after that makes no difference...

• I'm not sure but you can't cheat physics laws. The weight and also where the silicone implants are located increase noticeably her body moment of inertia. This reduces significantly her mobility and also her agility. Anyway, I don't see very often an elite female athlete with big b..bs practicing a jumping sport but I could be wrong.

• I meant to say way isn't he. I didn't mean to mix things up. I didn't know he had been the NT coach before.

• I'm not trying trolling and flaming things, but from strictly biomechanical perspective, I don't think It's a good idea for Brazil to have players with big silicone implants in their NT. Call me a pervert if you want but I noticed Brazil is the only team in this Olympic games that most of their players, except Gabbi, have all big b..bs.

I get what you're saying from a biomechanical point of view, but I assume any kind of imbalance caused by the increased size of their breasts can possibly be worked on with some proprioceptive exercises. I doubt they wouldn't work on their center of gravity (which certainly changes after the operation) and other things like that to make sure everything is as it should be, otherwise their performances would indeed deteriorate - which, let's be fair, hasn't happened at all so far.

• I just googled and found it out that Dani Lins and Fe Garay got silicone in 2013, Paula Pequeno in 2010 and Mari Paraiba got it also. And Sokolova got silicone 2 months before the London OG, and she almost missed the games because of that. Plus Leila and Virna got silicone also.

I think silicone became very common among athletes ...at least among the brazilians :P

here`s the websites with the stories.

http://www.volei.org/2013/05/d…olocam-silicone-e-se.html

https://esportes.terra.com.br/…CM20000099cceb0aRCRD.html

http://esportes.r7.com/esporte…ilicone-19052013#!/foto/3

http://noticiasmundovolei.blog…ssa-pos.html#.V-ne7PArLIU

• I wonder why it's so quiet about the Brazilian NT 2017?

A steady powerhouse like BRA can't be possible of lacking any interesting news.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I wonder why it's so quiet about the Brazilian NT 2017?

A steady powerhouse like BRA can't be possible of lacking any interesting news.

What? What do you want to know?!
    Club season is still more or less in the middle, Zé Roberto (the coach) has already renewed his contract. There is nothing more to talk about right know.
    Sheilla and Fabiana left the NT after the OGs, and others won't get called again anytime soon, like Jaqueline or Dani Lins (she is trying to get pregnant this year).

• What? What do you want to know?!
    Club season is still more or less in the middle, Zé Roberto (the coach) has already renewed his contract. There is nothing more to talk about right know.
    Sheilla and Fabiana left the NT after the OGs, and others won't get called again anytime soon, like Jaqueline or Dani Lins (she is trying to get pregnant this year).

Okay Sidney, thanks for the summary :-)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• ZRG called 6 players whose clubs' seasons are already over to NT training:

S: Naiane
    MB: Adenízia, Mara
    OH: Rosamaria (also OPP)
    L: Léia, Suelen

OH's Edinara, Fernanda Tomé and Amanda were invited too, but seems they will only help the team.

Source

• Roberta from Rexona SESC has shown throughout the season why she deserves the spot on NT this cycle. She has been playing really well and carries her team. And that setter from Brasilia is good, too. Naiane is a little bit inconsistent imo -- she has Jaquer and Destinee Hooker on her team and she can't do anything about them.

Drussyla is a young prospect that needs to be developed. She is a powerful hitter and at the same time she knows how to hit different angles and trick shots every now and then. She makes some silly mistakes but that is because she is still young and needs to improve.

Juciely is still useful regardless of her age. She carries Rexona SESC throughout the season and remember back in the quarter final against China at the Olympic 2016 she was the one who stepped up to the plate.
    I hope Carol will improve. She is declining this season. i don't know if dating her team mate is the reason why.

I am a little bit worried about these new generation. As promising as they are, none of them truly dominating like Mari, Paula, and Jaque did during their days on the Superliga. Maybe it is because the lack of experience they had on national level, I don't know. Coach Ze needs to start getting these new line up out there and make them compete in national games as much as they could to gain experience and confident.

• ^ Couldn't agree more with this. I think the NT is gonna have problems in every position this new cycle and I'm not sure there are going to be a lot of positive results, but the most important thing is developing the young players we have and see who has the level to be considered for the international tournaments.

I think Roberta and Naiane are the setters we should use until 2020. None of them are at their peak yet and have yet to show more stability in their performances, but that will come with time I hope. As for opposites, the situation is still grim imo: Rosamaria should be converted to OH full-time, Paula Borgo got benched all season and both Lorenne and Edinara are still way too green. Tandara never really showed anything with the NT before, so who knows.

Libero position should be between Léia and Suelen, no question about it. Middles should be Adenízia, Bia, Mara, Juciely and Carol (plus Thaísa when she's ready and if she's still up to it). As for outsite hitters... I don't know. I'd let Natália, Gabi, Rosamaria and Drussyla play as much as possible. Other than those, I can only think of Garay and Jaque, but are they really able to work through another olympic cycle?

• Apparently Edinara , Fernanda Tomé and Amanda wore called to play only the Montreux, while the others will play every competition in 2017.

• ^ Couldn't agree more with this. I think the NT is gonna have problems in every position this new cycle and I'm not sure there are going to be a lot of positive results, but the most important thing is developing the young players we have and see who has the level to be considered for the international tournaments.

I think Roberta and Naiane are the setters we should use until 2020. None of them are at their peak yet and have yet to show more stability in their performances, but that will come with time I hope. As for opposites, the situation is still grim imo: Rosamaria should be converted to OH full-time, Paula Borgo got benched all season and both Lorenne and Edinara are still way too green. Tandara never really showed anything with the NT before, so who knows.

Libero position should be between Léia and Suelen, no question about it. Middles should be Adenízia, Bia, Mara, Juciely and Carol (plus Thaísa when she's ready and if she's still up to it). As for outsite hitters... I don't know. I'd let Natália, Gabi, Rosamaria and Drussyla play as much as possible. Other than those, I can only think of Garay and Jaque, but are they really able to work through another olympic cycle?

None of these players are dominant. Even Natalia and Gabi seems to be underperforming during their stints with NT. I don't think the first 2 years of this new cycle going to be a great year for Brazil Women NT. Hope they will learn as much as thy can and develop confident along the way.

People say that after 2004, most of the players retire and Brazil is out. But Coach Ze silenced everyone when he created the best line-up Brazil NT has ever had (in my opinion) and win almost every major competition there is including Olympic 2008. The problem is that, like I said, back then Walewska, Paula, Sheila, Fabiana, and especially Mari were a bunch of beast -- palying Superliga or foreign leagues like top players. We don't have that during this cycle of Superliga. Tandara is a monster when it comes to killing the balls, but like you said, she is basically non-existent on the NT.

Let's just wait and see of how these new generation can build up momentum. Hopefully they can pull a China story and not the Cuba story.

• Out of all the position, the OPP will be the hardest one to fill. How can you go from Marianne Steinbrecher to Sheilla Castro to basically no one? Tandara used to be the best prospect but she is just not enough. During this season of Superliga, Monque is the most dominating local OPP but she is way too short and she is in her 30's now. Helo from Rexona is underperforming and even when she was on court (against Praia Clube) she could't do anything. Ana Paula (Osasco) plays really well that's why I don't understand why she is benched all the time? There is no other dominant OPP in Brazil right now which is the main problem because Brazil's best scorer is usually their OPP.

And please stop bringing Ivna into NT. She is useless. Her time is up.