Brazilian NT 2017

• The criticism against Naiane seems premature to me.

It's not like Minas was handing good receptions every second to her to truly capture her teams' potential.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I apologize if I spell some of the players names wrong.....Tandara definitely as Opposite. Carol at MB. I think she was recovering from a shoulder injury and it takes awhile to get it back, Natalia OH. I like Gabi. I would really like to see her play over in Europe to see if she can hit against some top players. Drussyla had a good late season. She does well at getting around the block. She has room to improve but she's short. It doesn't seem that Claudina (?) from Praia gets a chance at NT, I like her, does she and says no. Libero, Leia has to improve she has big off days. Did Suellen lose weight in Italy? She looked good.

I think the next four years are going to be interesting for all NTs. A lot of the old are retiring and some new young players.

• Natalia IMO should be an opposite. She is dynamic enough and maybe she could play reception if the reception cannot be handled by three receivers.

Brazil also needs to discover a left side high ball attacker. Imo that's what they lack last olympic cycle. China had that with Zhu Ting. Basically that was the biggest difference among every olympic teams. They had that player everyone can trust to put down the ball at 4 position.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Natalia plays better as OPP and Tandara plays better as OH. They should be together in those positions along with Fe Garay or anyone else.
    I will never understand why they don't try this combination in the NT.

• Well Tandara was supposed to be the Opposite, she probably would have started ahead of sheilla but then she just lost it out somewhere in grand prix.

I honestly will be crying bricks if Sheilla is still the best brazilian opposite in four years time. :gone:

That's why I believe they really need to get Natalia doing that so they can focused in developing middle blockers and a tall and stable OHs. I honestly believe Rosamaria will probably fight it out between her Drussyla and Gabi if they ever develop a 16 y/o 195 cm OH who probably doesn't exist in Brazil right now. :cheesy:

#FreeBritney

• I honestly believe Rosamaria will probably fight it out between her Drussyla and Gabi if they ever develop a 16 y/o 195 cm OH who probably doesn't exist in Brazil right now. :cheesy:

Well, there's Júlia Bergmann with 1,90m that's been hyped to hell and back in some places, so who knows... :whistle:
    The current U18 team has some really tall girls (including a 2,02m MB), but time will tell if any of them will actually be good in a higher level.

• Well, there's Júlia Bergmann with 1,90m that's been hyped to hell and back in some places, so who knows... :whistle:
    The current U18 team has some really tall girls (including a 2,02m MB), but time will tell if any of them will actually be good in a higher level.

Must admit that players still need skills to play at a high level but man... Brazil needs to up the ante in the height department or the day the Thailand or Japan teams can actually beat them is nearing us soon. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• The problem with Brazil NT now is that there is no player who can kill high ball in transition. Fe Garay is okay, but she is not good enough to do so. Jaque is no longer in her glory days. Natalia is the best prospect for them right now and only in Turkey where I see her being able to kill high ball when they are out of play.

Brazil needs to find a golden duo of OH -- ala Paula and Mari. They are the best OH duo Brazil has ever had. They are dynamics to hit all angle of the court and they are strong pin hitters and able to kill high ball.

I am very positive that Coach Ze will develop a new strong team with all these talented young players lined up.

• I am really lookibg forward to see how Drussyla and Roberta will further develop as a player. They have been showing amazing potential during World Club Championship. Natalia in Turkey is playing better than ever. I am worried about Gabi. She has been inconsistent. For libero spot can we call back Fabi? At least for these 2 years.

• Yeah, Gabi is 1.80cm, they are basically the same height.

But for example. Paula Pequeno is 1.84cm and she`s MVP at the Olympics, then u have Sokolova at 1.93cm and she`s World Champion.

If you put side by side a 1.80cm and 1.90cm, there`s really not much of a difference that u can tell. But u can see the difference when u have a 1.68cm standing next to a 1.91cm. And I give this example when u watch Kosheleva and Simge on the side line when they replacing each other, Kosheleva looks like a giant standing next to her.

Sheilla 2 time Olympic Gold at 1.85cm, Gamova 2 time World CH. at 2.02cm.

I think Bosetti is only 1.75cm and she can block Diouf and Martinez at 2.02cm easily, and that is because Diouf and Martinez does not jump that high and I slow on the net, That`s why I say Zhu is not great and does what she does because she`s 1.98cm, she could do the same if she was just 1.84cm.

I'm too curious about height of players :whistling: Gabi and Drussyla seem similar tall and Drussyla is really 182cm? :whistling:

• Thaisa is at Zé Roberto's training center in São Paulo recovering from her ankle injury. She already had some practicing with ball. But she will go under knee surgery soon...

• WHAT????? :white: I was thinking would take her months and months, I was not even sure if she would be back for the 2017-2018 season.

But that is great news :D :D

Yes, good news, but she is not jumping yet, only practicing manchete (i dont know the name in English :P ) . But her recovery will be interrupted due to the knee surgery (which she should have done months ago).

• Grand Prix wide list:
    Setters: Roberta, Naiane, Juma e Macris.
    OPPs: Tandara, Fernanda Tomé, Edinara, Monique e Paula Borgo.
    OHs: Natália, Rosamaria, Drussyla, Amanda e Gabi.
    MBs: Bia, Adenízia, Carol, Mara, Juciely, Saraellen e Valquíria.
    Liberos: Léia, Suelen e Gabriella (OH playing as libero).

Montreux list:
    Setters: Roberta, Naiane.
    OPPs: Tandara, Fernanda Tomé, Edinara.
    OHs: Naty, Drussyla, Amanda, Rosamaria.
    MBs: Adê, Carol, Bia.
    Liberos: Leia, Suelen.

- Dani Lins and Fe Garay asked to stay the entire year out. Dani wants to get pregnant and Fe will marry.
    - Gabi is injuried, that's why she won't play the Montreux.
    - Zé Roberto wants to work with only 16 players at the same time.
    - They will play two friendly matches against Poland in Brazil before the Grand Prix.
    - Fofão was asked to be assistant but she hasn't accepted yet.

• I`m glad Macris is there, but I doubt he will give her any chance to play, it is just like what Terzic does with Malagurski, u just know he will cut her soon or later.

I`m surprised Roberta,Tandara,Natalia,Adenizia and Leia will play the Mountreux. He could use Juma instead of Roberta, Mara instead of Adenizia, Paula instead of Tandara.

Is good Tandara will play as OPP and not OH. And Monique is a great OPP, but when it comes to NT, she just can`t compete with Boskovic,Sloetjes etc due to her height. He could have given her spot for Lorene.

I hope Fofao accepts it, all these setters could learn so much from her.

And how bad is Gabi`s injury?