Brazilian NT 2017

• I see Brazillian NT is denying the existence of Joyce :what: Well it will be a miss to them I guess. I actually hoped Brazillian coach would change as Im personally not big fan of this guy

Joyce once again, robbed! :down:

• I really look forward to watching Brazil this season. For whatever flaws we may invoke about Ze, he understands one very key thing about players: to be great, they need to play in competition as much as possible. So, this season, without Sheilla, Fabiana, Jaque, and maybe even Thaisa, he'll have the opportunity to start developing younger players in a really intense way. I remember c. 2012 many fans didn't see Natalia as a player of the same caliber as her starting teammates. Only after the Olympics, when the OH/OP starters took time off, did she become a mainstay, and subsequently a star (of sorts).

This season, I hope Ze develops Mara or Valquiria, and gives Carol a lot of play time, challenging her to get her hitting up to par. (Even though I love Juciely and think she's the strongest middle blocker in Brazil, aside from Thaisa, I think she should step back and play a bit of a Valeskina/Walewska role and be around more for morale/bailouts.) I also want him to give Naiane (or Juma, or any young setter) a chance, and maybe most importantly, put Drussyla in the starting lineup and leave her there through thick and thin.

As far as developing a world class opposite goes, I don't have a solution. Joycinha isn't the best option for the Brazilian national team, and even if she were, it's not like she's a young/new player that they can hang onto for a decade. Interestingly, though, this deficit of opposite hitters isn't only in Brazil. Whereas 10 years ago it seemed like almost every country had a "pure" opposite player who could dominate a game, many teams now have less impactful players in the position. IDK what it means, really, other than that some federations are trying to make their most talented young players well rounded and good defenders but I guess I'm not going to get too worried about Brazil, then. With great passers/defensive OHs, a smart setter, and awesome offensive middles, you really don't need an opposite like Sheilla or Destinee.

• ^ I couldn't agree more, especially in regards to what you said about Drussyla. She should have the same road ahead of her in the NT as Lucarelli did in the men's team back in 2013, and we all know how that ended. There's a lot of offensive potential with the outside hitters this time around (Natália, Drussyla, Rosamaria) and they should get as much playing time as possible.

I do wish Zé will be able to further develop Mara and Valquíria too, but I wouldn't stop at these two. I think Bia is by far Brazil's biggest talent in the MB position these days; if she is willing to, she could be just as good as Fabiana and Thaísa, not to mention she's still young. I do wish Milka gets the chance to improve within the group too, even though she wasn't called this year. She has the height and the power, but is still too green.

Roberta and Naiane should play all tournaments this year. I think it's time Zé uses Dani Lins more as a back-up and support for the team eyeing the WCH in 2018. With Dani's level dropping and both newcomers being completely new to the adult NT as possible starter setters, it is time to do it, otherwise things will not change that much.

• ^ I couldn't agree more, especially in regards to what you said about Drussyla. She should have the same road ahead of her in the NT as Lucarelli did in the men's team back in 2013, and we all know how that ended. There's a lot of offensive potential with the outside hitters this time around (Natália, Drussyla, Rosamaria) and they should get as much playing time as possible.

I do wish Zé will be able to further develop Mara and Valquíria too, but I wouldn't stop at these two. I think Bia is by far Brazil's biggest talent in the MB position these days; if she is willing to, she could be just as good as Fabiana and Thaísa, not to mention she's still young. I do wish Milka gets the chance to improve within the group too, even though she wasn't called this year. She has the height and the power, but is still too green.

Roberta and Naiane should play all tournaments this year. I think it's time Zé uses Dani Lins more as a back-up and support for the team eyeing the WCH in 2018. With Dani's level dropping and both newcomers being completely new to the adult NT as possible starter setters, it is time to do it, otherwise things will not change that much.

I totally forgot about Rosamaria and Bia when I wrote my initial post. I agree about both, though. Bia would be fabulous, if she'd agree to join the NT. Didn't she have conflict with Ze regarding her (former?) partner Suellen? Is that resolved now that Suellen's been called to join? And of course there's still Adenizia, too. I've always admired her spirit on court, though she's never been as clean as other players. (I've only seen Milka play a few times, but I like her a lot. She's another name I forgot about.) Brazil almost has a surplus of talented middles, so again, I think it's really on Ze to pick 2 young, talented starters and train them like Fabiana/Thaisa all over again.

I love watching Rosamaria play. IMO, quite similar to Drussyla, and a true outside hitter. Great blocker, too.

I remember when I first saw Dani Lins play -- years ago when YouTube was ubiquitously grainy and poor quality. I thought there was no way Ze expected her to succeed Fofao, as she seemed so slow and predictable. But she quickly overtook Carol Albuquerque and Fabiola and, by 2012, was just stunning on court. IDK if her level is permanently dropping or she's just suffering from totally understandable on-court sluggishness after Rio, but either way it's time for her to step back. Roberta is talented and experience setting some of the most important players on the NT -- Natalia, Drussyla, Carol, Juciely, Gabi, etc. -- and Naiane is fast and daring, which is exactly what this team needs.

• with the thought of it:

i do believe that roberta will be a back up setter once again as naiane is being trained to be a starter...hope that she can be given equal opportunity and experience to set groomed NT players for TOKYO 2020.
    there is also a KENYA MALACHIAS just 15 yrs. old from barueri, 73 kgs, at 1.85m she can spike up until 2.94m and block at 2.80m

as for the middle blockers, this line up is still up for grabs:
    Thaisa - still very possible is she is 100% just like her prime from 2011 - 2013
    adenizia - not because she has gotten Ze's soft heart..
    But what i really want is for them to groom more the following:
    BIA - really talented, forceful attack and not afraid to go against any big teams and players in court as in the the recent 2017 FIVB world club championship in kobe...
    JUICELY - i remember a certain Daniel scott aruda from usa who has 5 olympics in her bag just before she won a silver medal, and still a beast in the net... good passer, intelligent attacker and a good blocker as well.. a major draw back though is her height at 1.83 as other teams have 2.02 m, 1.91m and 1.93 respectively...
    CAROL REALLY NEEDS TO WORK HARD AND PROGRESS POSITIVELY AS I SEE HER DRAINING IN ONE GAME AND A TOP SCORER IN ANOTHER GAME> SHE SHOULD BE VERY CONSISTENT...

here are the list of other brazil MB's (gotten from the recent youth championship)
    Diana duarte alecrim - 194 cm, 69 kgs, birthdate 22/02/199, spikes at 2.97m block at 2.97m
    yvea bastos gomes dos santos - 196cm, 75 kgs, birthdate 7/6/1998, spikes at 3.05 m, block at 2.90 m
    eduarda cavatao - 192 cm, 90kgs, birthdate 20/8/1998, spikes at 2.98 m and blocks at 2.87m
    gabrielle eduarda marcondes das gracas - 1.91m, 78kgs, 1/7/1999, spikes at 2.96 and blocks at2.84m

i also like lorena giovana viezel - 190cm, 76kgs, 21/7/1999, spikes at 3.09m and blocks at 2.90m (plays as opposite and middle blocker)

other lists to follow:
    PS: im confident at Brazil's wing spiker at the moment!

• The list of 20 female athletes called up for the U20 women's team was announced on Friday (31.03) by team coach Hairton Cabral. The main mission in 2017 of the team is the category world championship that takes place between July 14 and 23 in Mexico.
    The summoned were central Yvea Bastos (Bradesco), Karyna Malachias (Bradesco), Diana Alecrim (Bradesco), Lorena Viezel (EC Pinheiros); Lifters Jackeline Moreno (Bradesco), Vivian Lima Jorge (Terracap / BRB / Brasília) and Amanda Sehn (EC Pinheiros); (Brazil), Maria Gabrielle Marcondes (Bradesco), Pietra Jukoski (Bradesco), Karina Barbosa (EC Pinheiros), Maria Eduarda de Oliveira (EC Pinheiros), Tamara Abila (EC Pinheiros), Júlia Araújo (Fluminense), Maria Bárbara Scwarzer , Glayce Tobias (SESI-SP) and Kimberlly Lacerda (SESI-SP); The opposing Beatriz de Carvalho (Bradesco) and Mayra de Souza (Bradesco); And the libers Nyeme Costa (Bradesco) and Luana Rezende (Praia Clube).
    The presentation is scheduled for April 24 at the Center for the Development of Volleyball (CDV) in Saquarema (RJ). The World Cup in Mexico will be in the cities of Boca Del Rio and Cordoba. The competition will have 16 teams. In addition to Brazil and the Mexican hosts, five other teams have also secured participation: Japan, China, the Dominican Republic, Egypt and Tunisia.

• Bia is injured, and won't be playing in the friendly matches against DOM and will also miss the Montreux (but she'll probably travel with the team).

The line up:

S: Roberta, Naiane
    MB: Adenizia, Carol and Mara
    Opp: Tandara, Fernanda Tomé and Edinara (all of them are also OH)
    OH: Natália, Drussyla, Rosamaria and Amanda
    Liberos: Leia, Suelen

http://globoesporte.globo.com/…elecao-esta-gostoso.ghtml