Brazilian NT 2017

• Natália said in an interview after the game that the Polish squad only arrived in Brazil yesterday late at night, so that probably had some effect on their performance. The next game on Thursday shall be better.

• 27/06/2017

Brazil 3x0 Poland (25x16; 25x12; 25x23)

Natália OH 14 - 6 blocks
    Tandara OPP 13 - 1 block
    Rosamaria OH 11 - 1 block
    Bia MB 10 - 1 block
    Carol MB 8 - 3 blocks
    Roberta S 3 - 2 blocks 1 ace
    Edinara OPP 1, Mara MB 1, Amanda OH 1 ace

Smarzek OH/OPP 17 - 1 block 1 ace
    Kakolewska MB 8 - 2 blocks
    Grajber OH 4 - 1 block 1 ace
    Bociek OPP 4 - 1 block
    Wolosz S 4 - 1 block
    Efimienko MB 2 - 1 block
    Polak P. OH 2

• Natália said in an interview after the game that the Polish squad only arrived in Brazil yesterday late at night, so that probably had some effect on their performance. The next game on Thursday shall be better.

It is true but I wouldn't expect anything special. At this moment all of ours OH are injured or not interested in NT and we are without any (more or less) all-around player on this position. Also "our" coach (who by the way before the match showed terrible level of english) has some favorites in the team, which play no matter what and which is afraid to let play the others even though we are 10 points behind and do not have anything to loose. Smarzek starts as OH and then moves to OPP because the other opposites play awful.
    And lets not forget that most of them just came back from holidays and are in awful shape, but surely worked very good on their tan (Tomsia).

• Thanks for posting the video stream. Why doesn't Ze call Claudia to play? I know they had a falling out years ago but she really is a good setter and I think better than Roberta. I like Carol. She's a good blocker and they need her there and her serving. She had a shoulder injury last year but I think Roberta can't set her high enough in the middle. I take her and Bia. Natalie and ? I think it's a toss up. One libero which I would pick Suellen.

• Is somewhere video from this match to watch again? :)

• They played an extra set (not broadcasted): BRAZIL 25x14 POLAND. I think Zé Roberto put the back up players but I'm not sure who was acutally on the court.

• Poland is playing way better!! I think on Tuesday our girls were really tired after long trip.

• Unfortunately Poland is missing 3 of 4 best MBs (Tokarska and Ptak + also Polanska), 2 best OHs (Mucha and Medrzyk), OPP (Zaroslinska). So this squad playing in Brazil is probably not able to play so much better. At least with Medrzyk we could really play good against Brazil, not like now :(

• 29/06/2017

Brazil 3x0 Poland (25x21; 25x11; 25x23)

Tandara OPP 13 - 1 block
    Rosamaria OH 12 - 1 ace
    Natália OH 11 - 3 blocks
    Carol MB 8 - 3 blocks 1 ace
    Bia MB 6 - 3 block
    Edinara OPP 6 - 3 blocks
    Roberta S 1 - 1 block
    Amanda OH 1

Smarzek OH/OPP 13 - 1 ace
    Efimienko MB 7 - 5 blocks
    Grajber OH 7
    Kakolewska MB 4
    Tomsia OPP 3
    Wolosz S 2
    Brzoska OH 1

• wanted to know what happened to edinara?

i thought ze roberto is up for renewal? i hope he had chosen lorenne, paula borgo, ju mello chances to play in the grand prix. seeing the line up china and usa and even serbia makes me cry as he doesnt care at all to the future of the brazilian women's volleyball.

fyi boskovic and zhu ting were 19 when they entered senior nt level..

• wanted to know what happened to edinara?

i thought ze roberto is up for renewal? i hope he had chosen lorenne, paula borgo, ju mello chances to play in the grand prix. seeing the line up china and usa and even serbia makes me cry as he doesnt care at all to the future of the brazilian women's volleyball.

fyi boskovic and zhu ting were 19 when they entered senior nt level..

Actually, Boskovic was 17 at her debut of senior level (2014 WCH)

• i personally think that these two years will be hard for brazil as most of the young players will be going through their transition phase, and their senior players are getting older. there are some good prospects like drussyla, rosamaria, and lorenne but it all depends on how much time on court Coach Ze will be given them. Coach Ze should realize his mistakes during the Rio Olympic cycle. i wish Thaisa will get well soon and get back into her 2013 shape.

drussyla and rosamaria will have to fight neck to neck to compete for that 2nd OH spot as we know Natalia secured the 1st spot. Gabi has a long way to go. i don't think she can be competitive in international level tho.

leia will be neck to neck with suellen. both of these liberos have their own advantages. they have a very large shoes to fill after the iconic Fabi leave the team. sorry Camilla Brait. you are good, but as good as Fabi.

the 2 outstanding setters right now, naiane and roberta, will be brazil's golden treasure. as for now, they are both "green" on nt level. naiane is young and brave, while roberta is older but wiser, and has good eyes on court. funny enough i think when it comes to age, brazil setters has always have older players. maybe the more time they play the better they get in terms of developing connections and understanding players.the great venturrini, the legendary fofao, and dani lins -- are all closed to their 30's when they peak.

brazil will always be my #1 favorite team. but i am ready for a bumpy years as they go through their transition phase.

• I think Brazil was forced to bring in new players this year. If Thaisa, Gabi, Juciely, Dani and Fe Garay weren't injured or didn't asked for personal time, they would all be in the line-up. If Sheilla and Fabiana didn't retire, I think they will still be included. If it weren't for the current circumstances, there is a big chance we wouldn't even see the new players that are included in the NT now.

Btw, does anyone know what happened with Jaque? In the interviews that I read, Ze mentioned why Thaisa, Gabi, Juciely, Dani and Garay are not playing and he said that those players are missed in the NT and that he still counts on them. But, he doesn't mention Jaque. Is there something wrong?

• But, he doesn't mention Jaque. Is there something wrong?

There is nothing wrong. She is just old and not NT material anymore. She doesn't even have a club to play next season.