Brazilian NT 2017

• why wasn't edinara invited in the NT? saw her performance a few months ago and she was excellent in attack.

She was invited and played as a sub in some rounds of the GP, but she is now with the U23 team.

• She was invited and played as a sub in some rounds of the GP, but she is now with the U23 team.

thanks sidney! hopefully ze roberto will use her more in the future :)

• My top 13 at the moment:

Mb : thaissa is still no. 1 but we will check her in the turkish league should she continue becoming a monster or her level declining.., bia no question!! carol very good in blocking but needs to be more consistent.. more matches for her.. i wanna see her as a starting 6 in the game vs italy maybe in the near future and also in netherlands so i can decide her agility precision and her stand in the tight race of mb in tokyo!!!

Opposite: tandara brazil's go to girl at the moment. I wonder if she played in rio as an opposite but this is a new olympic cycle!!!, edinara (as they say the second coming of mari), lorenne who is in bad form in the u23 championship but il still look forward on her in the club season

Os: fe garay no. 1 i miss her on court!!! Love her spikes!!! natalia i like her attitude along with the ever beautiful rosamaria, drussyla

Setter: roberta, my queen. She should smile sometimes... the under 23 setter from bradesco she's 1.83

Should thaissa or carol will not be selected, i go for mayany souza from camponesa minas. Bia is secured on her slot, she blocks highly contested volleyball players like zhu ting kosheleva egonu mihajlovic boskovic and goncharova..

Libero - im giving more time to gabi souza as well... she has this leadership ability!!!

Should tandara shed off 5 kilos, i bet she'll be much stronger and capable of hitting those outside the 3-meter line spikes...

From the usual thing she does!!!!

In view of the grand champion's cup, the rotation where brazil had the weakest was when there are 4 spikers with roberta at the back, natalia in the opposite position and tandara in the os position... the ball is being given to natalia and tandara is left in the left wing and she either gets blocked or hammers the ball too wide from the line.

Congrats brazil to the 2017 great nt season!!!!

• Gabi Guimares is a definite yes. She is Brazil's most stable passer and back row defender. Not to mention she can kill, too. Drussyla is a good passer but an average hitter while Rosamaria is the opposite. Tbh I don't know what people see in Rosamaria. She is pretty bland.

• What a terrible way to end the NT season for Gabi....

https://www.volleyball.it/bras…bi-si-opera-al-ginocchio/

Hope she can make it in time for World Championship without reinjury and recover back to her old self.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Her stats in japan vs brazil match id 8/8..... good job girl!!

Yeah, and 1/8 in attacks... :whistle:
    I would not take this U23 champioship as a parameter for anything to be honest, BUT I am loving my girl Maira taking that OH spot instead of freaking Gabi Cândido. Still do not know why Wagão is not using the Lorenne/Edinara/Drussyla formation everyone expected to see though.

• Yeah, and 1/8 in attacks... :whistle:
    I would not take this U23 champioship as a parameter for anything to be honest, BUT I am loving my girl Maira taking that OH spot instead of freaking Gabi Cândido. Still do not know why Wagão is not using the Lorenne/Edinara/Drussyla formation everyone expected to see though.

I think the weakest link in the three is lorenne who is not yet in form as reports would be taken into consideration.. nevertheless, the commend lorenne for fighting for her space in the NT u23! I like her! she and edinara!!!!but come superliga season, lorenne will explode in Osasco as drussyla in rexona!!!

• btw i made tandara and boskovic a comparison:
    Let us scrutinize everything:

Age - tijana was just 17 when she joined the senior team of serbia whereas tandara was on her 20’s when she had a shot at the dream brazilian nt team. At 17, boskovic is already a starter whereas tandara only has her shot at the starting line up of brazil after shiela announced her retirement but tandara was already being used by ze roberto as a back up opposite to the legendary shielalong time ago even at the london olympics!

Height/block and spike reach...

boskovic - 196 cm, blocks at 310 cm and spikes at 320 cm

Tandara 184 cm, blocks at 297cm and spikes at 306 cm

(Statistics revealed that anything done at 288 cm reach is dangerous!)

Serve - boskovic should it become a good serve, serves fatally whereas tandara prefers the float serve but with consistency.

Spike - both spikers are equal in terms of spike but i have to give a hands down to tandara’s outside the 3meter line back attack! I mean thats very lethal with 99.98% efficiency whereas boskovic’s high ball spikes is commanding!

Block - boskovic mainly because of her height reach!

Reception - tandara by far as she isnt afraid to go after a long ball, a check ball..

For me, people would prefer boskovic over tandara because they have already seen boskovic in previous international games, but just basing on the recently concluded fivb grand prix, it’s tandara all the way!!!!

• Roberta is the better setter than Zivkovic and even Antonijevic.

If you put Boskovic with Roberta/Tominaga/Nootsara/Lloyd/Glass basically all the current best setters in the world then they are going to perform even better.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Oh wow so Tandara is better then the 10 years younger Tijana because she played one time better at the 'oh so important' WGP this year. Don't get me wrong, I think Tandara is a really reliable Opp but Tijana is something different in my eyes.

• in the grand prix only, im not being biased but we will have to check for other international tournaments. Grand champions cup is over tandara won best opposite but serbia didnt play during that tournament as they played in the european championship and as the wild card slot was awarded to korea....

Looking forward for the world championship in 2018!!!!!

• BETWEen the setter issue, roberta started as a back up of dani lins since 2015 this is just the time when she was a starting setter. I like her along with ding xia as they can block serve and set well.

Roberta needs to have some polishment in her games. She should smile. Do u agree with me?

• Roberta has a weak defense for a setter. That's probably her worst quality as a player.

But as a setter... I mean the job of a real setter... I love the way she tracks the ball in inconceivable manner. Maybe it is her length... I don't know but I'm amazed at how she does it....even if she's already diving for the ball... she can still give a pretty good set to her players.

I honestly believe... she could have made it in Rio if she had more time playing with the A Team . She probably would have been the difference. Dani Lins was obviously pampered by the great reception of Brazil when it was made impossible to do so. She got lost too. Roberta just wasn't having connection with Thaisa/Fabiana. And that killed her chances. I wonder what would have happened... I like Fabiola but Roberta probably could've been the wild card of Brazil. But alas... It's nothing but the past.

#FreeBritney

• for me, ze just had fabiola in so that he wont have a guilty feeling of not having her in the london olypic roster..

My okympic roster:
    Setter: dani, roberta
    Oh: fe garay, jacque, natalia
    Opposite: shiela, tandara
    Mb: thaisa, fabiana, adenizia juciely
    Libero: leia

Roberta was good in the 5n1 inversion.....

This 2017-2018 im very excited seeing the tandara, bia, carol, roberta, adenizia fighting for one another in their respective clubs against their co players!

Would be happy seeing drussyyla, rosamaria, edinara, tainara, lorenne explode!!!!!!!!

• tainara sometimes used by ze in the 5n1 inversion but sara is much often used.
    Edinara starter in barueri along with naine, saraelan, franchne the mb is a revelation.. erika and suelle needs to rest. Good jov for the two ladiea

Osasco - i dont get the idea of carol and mariana in the final 6 plus the inclusion of the serbia mb.
    Lorenne ahould be starting instead of mari paraiba, natalia im sorry but her age hurts her chances in nt
    Tassia is a good prospect for liber
    Overall tandara and bia’s level is not dropping. Paula borgo the starting opposite as tandara plays as an outside hitter isba revelation in their game against barueri. She made 16 points along with tandara. Bia’s block and serve and also spikes are now in symmetry.

For rio - juciely not a first 6. Ita vivian and mayhara. Roberta is setting incredibly good fabi the libero is still magnificent. But im surprised of gabi souza’s reception no wonder ze made her nt’s libero.
    Drussyla - awesome game. Needs focus because she sometimes has black outs

Dentil praia:
    Amanda and suelen is think tired. But its just preseason of the superliga.
    Fe garay to be honest is still there in the ranks. She needs to capture her mindset along with other players! Fabiana is getring slow! May be she is recovering from surgery!!!

Minas:
    Carol gattaz is a revelation having been played in minas for four consecurive season makes her upfront. I pity mayany souza.. :’(
    Rosa maria is just calm but her spikes are all good. She is sexy and beautiful. Should she play in turkey, she might run money of other high caliber and beautiful foreigh volleyball players hired in the turkish league

• these are my prospects:
    Opposite - titular tandara
    Honorables - bruna honorio; edinara brancher

Outside hitter titular - fe garay, gabi
    Honorables - amanda; drussyla; rosamaria; mari paraiba; fernanda tome

Libero - tassia
    Honorables - suelen; jaqueline

Middle blocker - titular bia; carol
    Honorables - milka; thaisa