Italian NT 2017

• It said that Italy will invate Lang Ping to be the head coach.Will LangPing accept it?why not try Guiddeti,Barbolini,Abondanza,Pedulla,Paris?So many good coach from Italy.
    But the Italy atteacker is so short,and no good recption,It's diffucult to win Srbia,Russia and Dutch.

• Please inform yourselves from good sites... right now the head coach is Cristiano lucchi who will be coaching the quals for european champs 2017. He said that he will reintegrate guerra, bosetti (caterina), tirozzi and folie. He will also add Nicoletti (opp) and Parrocchiale (L). Captains will be de gennaro and tirozzi. He also said thet he talked with diouf and she will not be in NT for a while (her decision).

Source volleyball.it

• what competitions does ITA have next year?

For now, the ECh qualification. At the end of the season, GP and ECh as usual.

Lucchi is the pro tempore CT at least for the ECh qualification and until the federal election (that will probably be win again by the actual president Magri). After the election the council (aka Magri...) will decide the new coach (or if letting Lucchi there).

Names – according to 'dal15al25' – are:
    - Mazzanti, that seems an already 'burned' name, unfortunately: considering that Bonitta declared many months ago that he would have leave and considering that theoretically Magri doesn't want a CT that also has a club, it seems he won't be the lucky one (otherwise, why not picking him before he was confirmed in Congeliano?); still, Blengini will be confirmed almost for sure, and he has another year of contract with Lube. So, never say never. 2%
    - Ze Roberto: very difficult, but Magri likes him. 5%
    - Someone new from male volleyball. There are many alternatives (he doesn't specify who). 78%
    - Lucchi (at least until the ECh) 15%

Honestly, I'm astonished that knowing for all this time that Bonitta was leaving, the Federation didn't come out in time with a name and a clear quadriennale project :wall:

• This can be a strong team, only problem with that is ========

Malinov will bench all season for Skorupa. Cambi will bench for Dijkema.

I'm assuming DE Kruijf will be a starter, which means either Danesi or Folie will bench a lot ( and there's still Barazza on the way)

Is Caterina Boseti benching all season long again? Same for Nicoletti?

Lucia Bosetti, Guerra and Tirozzi on the same team. Either Bosetti or Guerra will bench a lot.

I'm asumming Sara Loda will bench for Cruz and Meijners.

Hopefully Sylla amd Genarri will be a starters the whole season.

They won't get anywhere by sitting on the bench all season long. Italy barely qualified for Rio ( lucky that Turkey keeps its players on the bench also) if they keep going like this foreigners starters and locals on the bench, they won't even qualify for Tokyo.

• Well, imho Tokyo is far enough to let the youngest players have space also in the Italian championship (assuming they'll still have space in the NT), but I definitely see your point, especially for the year to come.

Obviously for a club – especially if it's a top team – it's quite risky to bet on such young players: I think Egonu was the only one with real chances to be titular in a club, may be with Danesi (and neither in a top team, probably, at least not without a good sub).
    That's why in my opinion the Club Italia is such important: it's a chance to play at the highest level with no pressure, no need to win; I'm glad Orro will stay there playing as a starter, even if the team won't probably be as (relatively) competitive as last year. For Egonu it will be the time to understand in which role she'll play, probably.

So, actually for now I'm not that optimistic about Italian NT, but if the young girls will keep improving like this year, I'm not that concerned about Tokyo. May be a bit for the OH.

• Italy needs Diouf and they need to focus on her to make her the best she can become. To me she's more important than a lot of the players I see here. Without Diouf Italy's nothing special or nothing to fear IMO. I mean I'm not saying the other players are bad and I'm definitely not saying that Diouf is great, she's not even OK sometimes. But if she works on her fitness and power etc. And if NT and her club pursue her to become better. Then I think we can except a lot from her in the upcoming tournaments... :teach: If she gets picked ofc

• Italy needs Diouf and they need to focus on her to make her the best she can become. To me she's more important than a lot of the players I see here. Without Diouf Italy's nothing special or nothing to fear IMO. I mean I'm not saying the other players are bad and I'm definitely not saying that Diouf is great, she's not even OK sometimes. But if she works on her fitness and power etc. And if NT and her club pursue her to become better. Then I think we can except a lot from her in the upcoming tournaments... :teach: If she gets picked ofc

Italy has Egonu now. Diouf is not needed anymore.

• I agree, Toguttt. Egonu definitly has more chance to grow, imho.
    The only 'problem' is if she will be used as OH, but honestly I'm a bit pessimistic about her chance to became a solid back.row player; I mean, considering how young she is it's normal she can receive very well, but at this point she should at least be able to defend...
    Obviously I hope she could become a great diggers and receiver, it would be amazing for the NT, but probably it won't happen, at least not soon enough.

Sitemap, is this again the product of your mind, or can you give us a reliable source of this roster? Because I couldn't find any, and it wouldn't be the first time :thumbdown:

• S: Ofelia Malinov - Alessia Orro
    OPP: Anna Nicoletti - Paola Egonu
    OH: Valentina Tirozzi - Caterina Bosetti - Myriam Sylla - Alessia Gennari - Lucia Bosetti
    MB: Anna Danesi - Raphaela Folie - Cristina Chirichella - Sara Bonifacio
    L: Giulia Leonardi

• I don't see the real point of having Bosettis back unless they play dramatically well in the upcoming season. With Bonitta and Guiggi gone, I hope Folie will be given a proper chance to show her up. I find it quite shameful she wasn't even called after the outstanding season she had in Modena.

Bye bye Diouf :wavy:

• never trust Sitemap, these lists of players are just his/her imagination :lol: :hit: IMHO Melnadri can be called to NT ^^ we'll see what will change in the start of new olympic cycle :teach:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Yeah Italy has Egonu ofc but Diouf and Egonu are not the same kind of players. I'm just saying a player as tall as Diouf can really make that difference sometimes other players which have a better technique never can. She's born lucky and I just wanted her to work a little harder... She's really a terrible player overall but her height makes her game decent sometimes. Now just imagine if she would also play a little OK. I don't know a player that tall can really be a weapon. But I'm not the Italian coach neither am I Italian so its not up to me if she gets picked of course :)