You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Monday, December 26th 2016, 5:40pm

I think it is the best choice, I like him as a coach!

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento – Foppa

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 3:48pm

Apparently sitemap really likes to write down imaginary rosters without specifying they're the product of his/her imagination.

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro, Carlotta Cambi
OPP: Paola Egonu, Valentina Diouf
OH: Anastasia Guerra, Valentina Tirozzi, Caterina Bosetti, Myriam Sylla, Alessia Gennari,Lucia Bosetti
MB: Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie, Cristina Chirichella, Sara Bonifacio
L: Giulia Leonardi

I was almost kind the first time not accusing you of lying, but now I would be a foul not to think you're simply writing made up informations pretending they're true or hoping to guess (probably this time you're not far from the truth though, I must admit that).

Sorry, I won't believe anything you report unless you name the sources and they appear reliable.

So far I didn't find nothing on Italian most reliable websites, I will be glad to apologize to you if in a few days one of these sites will confirm your statement.

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 5:32pm

Maybe Italy can have Egonu as non-receiving OH while they put out a rexeiving opposite on the other side?

Favourite Team: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

Favourite Players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio,Micah Christenson, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Haruka Miyashita, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 5:33pm

Maybe Italy can have Egonu as non-receiving OH while they put out a rexeiving opposite on the other side while she grows as a player?

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Thursday, February 16th 2017, 8:20pm

Apparently sitemap really likes to write down imaginary rosters without specifying they're the product of his/her imagination.

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro, Carlotta Cambi
OPP: Paola Egonu, Valentina Diouf
OH: Anastasia Guerra, Valentina Tirozzi, Caterina Bosetti, Myriam Sylla, Alessia Gennari,Lucia Bosetti
MB: Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie, Cristina Chirichella, Sara Bonifacio
L: Giulia Leonardi

I was almost kind the first time not accusing you of lying, but now I would be a foul not to think you're simply writing made up informations pretending they're true or hoping to guess (probably this time you're not far from the truth though, I must admit that).

Sorry, I won't believe anything you report unless you name the sources and they appear reliable.

So far I didn't find nothing on Italian most reliable websites, I will be glad to apologize to you if in a few days one of these sites will confirm your statement.
all his posts have been already deleted here :wavy:
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Saturday, April 29th 2017, 6:25pm

Rumor about Italy not playing in World Grand Prix is true or not? If it is true, why not?

harboboy

Professional

Saturday, April 29th 2017, 11:17pm

Rumor about Italy not playing in World Grand Prix is true or not? If it is true, why not?

Just read this on worldofvolley. Even if it's a rumour, why should there be such a rumour, even without any reason. ?(

http://www.worldofvolley.com/News/Latest…grand-prix.html

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Friday, May 5th 2017, 7:43pm

Egonu ed Orro del Club Italia
Parrocchiale e Sorokaite de Il Bisonte Firenze
Sylla della Foppapedretti Bergamo
Danesi, De Gennaro, Folie e Malinov dell’Imoco Volley Conegliano
Lucia Bosetti, Guerra e Tirozzi della Pomì Casalmaggiore
Diouf dell’Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio.
Bonifacio e Chirichella dell’Igor Novara
Caterina Bosetti della LiuJo Nordmeccanica Modena

For me the biggest surprise is the absence of Gennari :(
Plus, I would have preferred Sirressi to Parrocchiale (but I don't know her very well, I read she did well anyway) and I thought also Cambi would have been considered.

For the rest it's like I expected, considering that it was anticipated that Sorokaite was coming back (I'm not a huge fan but it seems she did well this season) and that Mazzanti said he wanted a group of around 16 players.
Zero surprise about the MBs.

I'm sorry for Ortolani but I expected that (at least for now), also for logistical reason (they can't both – Davide and her – easily leave the daughter for the whole summer...)

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Friday, May 5th 2017, 8:10pm

Surprised to see Diouf back already but she did have a good season and Italy need all the firepower they can get if they want to be competitive with Russia and Serbia
Has Guiggi retired from NT?
I did not see much of Club Italia this season, did Orro do a good job? It's unfortunate that Malinov was benched almost all season

kondzio

Prediction Game Mod

• "kondzio" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław, ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle; NTs Male: POL, RUS, BRA; NTs Female: POL, DOM, JPN, BRA, ITA, RUS

Favourite Players: Jeoselina Rodriguez, Kasia Skowrońska, Kasia Mroczkowska, Kosheleva, Jaqueline, Takeshita, Saori, Kurek, Igła, Bociek, Mikhaylov, Muserskiy, Moroz, Lucas

Friday, May 5th 2017, 8:26pm

so dividing into positions it is:

S: Orro, Malinov
OP: Egonu (also OH), Sorokaite, Diouf
OH: L.Bosetti, Guerra, Tirozzi, Sylla, C. Bosetti
MB: Folie, Danesi, Bonifacio, Chirichella
L: De Gennaro, Parocchiale
Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:33pm

Surprised to see Diouf back already but she did have a good season and Italy need all the firepower they can get if they want to be competitive with Russia and Serbia
I did not see much of Club Italia this season, did Orro do a good job? It's unfortunate that Malinov was benched almost all season

Mazzanti said before that he absolutely imagined Diouf being part of the NT project. I agree with you about the need of firepower.

About Guiggi, I don't know if she retired or simply wasn't called, if it's just a pause or what, but I was kinda expecting not to see her on the list: I like her very much and she would have been a perfect captain, imho, but considering how many at least decent young MBs we do have I thinks it's a good idea to make space for them having an eye on the future. It's clear that for two years or something we won't have real podium expectations (Mazzanti said he hopes to bring Italy back on the podium for the 2019 ECh), so it's better this way for me.

I didn't follow club Italia much either, because they transmitted like 1 or may 2 match on Rai (and I didn't pay for LVFTV), so I can't say anything about Orro.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:57pm

Mazzanti said before that he absolutely imagined Diouf being part of the NT project. I agree with you about the need of firepower.

About Guiggi, I don't know if she retired or simply wasn't called, if it's just a pause or what, but I was kinda expecting not to see her on the list: I like her very much and she would have been a perfect captain, imho, but considering how many at least decent young MBs we do have I thinks it's a good idea to make space for them having an eye on the future. It's clear that for two years or something we won't have real podium expectations (Mazzanti said he hopes to bring Italy back on the podium for the 2019 ECh), so it's better this way for me.

I didn't follow club Italia much either, because they transmitted like 1 or may 2 match on Rai (and I didn't pay for LVFTV), so I can't say anything about Orro.
Yes, I guess it makes sense to focus on the future, Italy have a lot of talent at MB. Not sure about the bolded, it sounds like something Mazzanti might have said to take the pressure off the team a little bit. Sure, this is not the Italy team of 10 years ago and Russia and Serbia are clearly stronger for now, but I think Italy, Netherlands and Turkey are all on a similar level and any of those teams have a realistic chance of a medal at the ECh. Of course, first goal is to beat Belgium and qualify for the WCh.

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Friday, May 5th 2017, 10:29pm

Well I overall agree with you. i still think they'll do everything possible to get as high as possible, but without having the pressure of necessarily making a important result.

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Friday, May 5th 2017, 10:36pm

Agreed :thumbup:

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 12:16am

Bobifacio in, but Melandri not.. Melandri deserved to be there even last season.. She did even better than Danesi this year

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 12:33am

Melandri is a great blocker but her attack is just too weak, so IMO right now she's not NT material.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Lloyd, Haak, Robinson, Dürr, Goncharova, Courtois, Meijners, Orthmann, Hanke, Dijkema, ter Horst, Jorna, Kingdon, Fetisova, Havelkova, Lippmann, Stevanovic

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 1:39am

Gennari is out, why? :S
I think she's a better defensive OH than Bosetti sisters if that's the reason why she's out.

joanamss

Volleyball Lover!

• "joanamss" is female

Favourite Team: FOPPA (Italy), Rexona-Ades (Brazil), Dresden (Germany) NT: Italy, Holland, Germany, Serbia, USA (women); Brazil, USA and Poland (men)

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Piccinini, Fürst, Pavan, Merlo, Barazza, Kozuch, Klineman, Flier, Brakocevic, Robinson, Mihajlovic, Vasileva, Plak, Fiorin, Rahimova, Havelkova, Thompson, Apitz, Kreklow, Amanda

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:53am

Gennari had some injury problems in Bergamo this season, so maybe she will take this time to properly recover....maybe that is why she is out in this beginning.
"Forza Foppa ale
sempre insieme a te
e dovunque andrai
sola mai sarai
Non mollare mai …
Non mollare mai …"

Kk15

Master

• "Kk15" is female

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 11:14am

Melandri is a great blocker but her attack is just too weak, so IMO right now she's not NT material.

I agree (even if I really like her).

Last year she played in the Gran Prix, btw.

• "giaval92" is female

Favourite Players: Aguero - Berg - Bruno - Cardullo - De Cecco - Ferretti - Guiggi - Lo Bianco - Togut - Tom - Vermiglio - Vettori

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 12:44pm

Diouf is such a drama queen! :rolll:

When she wasn't called in Rio, she said "I will never be in the NT again". Well, here we are... :rolll:

How old is she? 2? 3? It makes me laugh... A LOT looooooooooool
It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "giaval92" (May 6th 2017, 1:11pm)

Social bookmarks