Italian NT 2017

• Apparently sitemap really likes to write down imaginary rosters without specifying they're the product of his/her imagination.

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro, Carlotta Cambi
    OPP: Paola Egonu, Valentina Diouf
    OH: Anastasia Guerra, Valentina Tirozzi, Caterina Bosetti, Myriam Sylla, Alessia Gennari,Lucia Bosetti
    MB: Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie, Cristina Chirichella, Sara Bonifacio
    L: Giulia Leonardi

I was almost kind the first time not accusing you of lying, but now I would be a foul not to think you're simply writing made up informations pretending they're true or hoping to guess (probably this time you're not far from the truth though, I must admit that).

Sorry, I won't believe anything you report unless you name the sources and they appear reliable.

So far I didn't find nothing on Italian most reliable websites, I will be glad to apologize to you if in a few days one of these sites will confirm your statement.

• Maybe Italy can have Egonu as non-receiving OH while they put out a rexeiving opposite on the other side?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Maybe Italy can have Egonu as non-receiving OH while they put out a rexeiving opposite on the other side while she grows as a player?

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I was almost kind the first time not accusing you of lying, but now I would be a foul not to think you're simply writing made up informations pretending they're true or hoping to guess (probably this time you're not far from the truth though, I must admit that).

Sorry, I won't believe anything you report unless you name the sources and they appear reliable.

So far I didn't find nothing on Italian most reliable websites, I will be glad to apologize to you if in a few days one of these sites will confirm your statement.

all his posts have been already deleted here :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Egonu ed Orro del Club Italia
    Parrocchiale e Sorokaite de Il Bisonte Firenze
    Sylla della Foppapedretti Bergamo
    Danesi, De Gennaro, Folie e Malinov dell’Imoco Volley Conegliano
    Lucia Bosetti, Guerra e Tirozzi della Pomì Casalmaggiore
    Diouf dell’Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio.
    Bonifacio e Chirichella dell’Igor Novara
    Caterina Bosetti della LiuJo Nordmeccanica Modena

For me the biggest surprise is the absence of Gennari :(
    Plus, I would have preferred Sirressi to Parrocchiale (but I don't know her very well, I read she did well anyway) and I thought also Cambi would have been considered.

For the rest it's like I expected, considering that it was anticipated that Sorokaite was coming back (I'm not a huge fan but it seems she did well this season) and that Mazzanti said he wanted a group of around 16 players.
    Zero surprise about the MBs.

I'm sorry for Ortolani but I expected that (at least for now), also for logistical reason (they can't both – Davide and her – easily leave the daughter for the whole summer...)

• Surprised to see Diouf back already but she did have a good season and Italy need all the firepower they can get if they want to be competitive with Russia and Serbia
    Has Guiggi retired from NT?
    I did not see much of Club Italia this season, did Orro do a good job? It's unfortunate that Malinov was benched almost all season

• so dividing into positions it is:

S: Orro, Malinov
    OP: Egonu (also OH), Sorokaite, Diouf
    OH: L.Bosetti, Guerra, Tirozzi, Sylla, C. Bosetti
    MB: Folie, Danesi, Bonifacio, Chirichella
    L: De Gennaro, Parocchiale

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Surprised to see Diouf back already but she did have a good season and Italy need all the firepower they can get if they want to be competitive with Russia and Serbia
    Has Guiggi retired from NT?
    I did not see much of Club Italia this season, did Orro do a good job? It's unfortunate that Malinov was benched almost all season

Mazzanti said before that he absolutely imagined Diouf being part of the NT project. I agree with you about the need of firepower.

About Guiggi, I don't know if she retired or simply wasn't called, if it's just a pause or what, but I was kinda expecting not to see her on the list: I like her very much and she would have been a perfect captain, imho, but considering how many at least decent young MBs we do have I thinks it's a good idea to make space for them having an eye on the future. It's clear that for two years or something we won't have real podium expectations (Mazzanti said he hopes to bring Italy back on the podium for the 2019 ECh), so it's better this way for me.

I didn't follow club Italia much either, because they transmitted like 1 or may 2 match on Rai (and I didn't pay for LVFTV), so I can't say anything about Orro.

• Mazzanti said before that he absolutely imagined Diouf being part of the NT project. I agree with you about the need of firepower.

About Guiggi, I don't know if she retired or simply wasn't called, if it's just a pause or what, but I was kinda expecting not to see her on the list: I like her very much and she would have been a perfect captain, imho, but considering how many at least decent young MBs we do have I thinks it's a good idea to make space for them having an eye on the future. It's clear that for two years or something we won't have real podium expectations (Mazzanti said he hopes to bring Italy back on the podium for the 2019 ECh), so it's better this way for me.

I didn't follow club Italia much either, because they transmitted like 1 or may 2 match on Rai (and I didn't pay for LVFTV), so I can't say anything about Orro.

Yes, I guess it makes sense to focus on the future, Italy have a lot of talent at MB. Not sure about the bolded, it sounds like something Mazzanti might have said to take the pressure off the team a little bit. Sure, this is not the Italy team of 10 years ago and Russia and Serbia are clearly stronger for now, but I think Italy, Netherlands and Turkey are all on a similar level and any of those teams have a realistic chance of a medal at the ECh. Of course, first goal is to beat Belgium and qualify for the WCh.

• Well I overall agree with you. i still think they'll do everything possible to get as high as possible, but without having the pressure of necessarily making a important result.

• Gennari is out, why? :S
    I think she's a better defensive OH than Bosetti sisters if that's the reason why she's out.

• Gennari had some injury problems in Bergamo this season, so maybe she will take this time to properly recover....maybe that is why she is out in this beginning.

• Diouf is such a drama queen! :rolll:

When she wasn't called in Rio, she said "I will never be in the NT again". Well, here we are... :rolll:

How old is she? 2? 3? It makes me laugh... A LOT looooooooooool

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

Edited once, last by giaval92 ().