Italian NT 2017

• I'm so happy for Tirozzi, she deserved it and she should have been called before too.

If Gennari's body will be "not that tired", I hope to see her with the other girls soon.

I think this team need a leader, and the leader can be MARTINA GUIGGI. I think she is not there because she needs some rest. She had an amazing season in Bergamo, after K.S.'s injury, she was several times the best scorer for Bergamo, she jump serves again (and it can be useful) and she is the kind of played I would like as captain of this new NT. We can't only have Lucia Bosetti + a bunck of unexperienced players.

I just want to say that I am so sorry for Ferretti. She is very unlucky because she has to play at the same time in which we have Lo Bianco. I really wish there was more "age gap" between them because they are the best italian setters of the last years and we barely had the chance to watch them playing together in the NT. I understand that she hasn't been called because our goal right now is to be ready for Rio and so Mazzanti decided to call very young players, but I wish she had a chance.

Orro, Malinov and Cambi are talended, but they are not the next Lo Bianco.
    This new team is going to be so different from the "old good" one we had some yeast ago. [I already said it some time ago] Our strenght was the defence: we always had good liberos + we had Bosetti L, Costagrande, Del Core, Piccinini which were "defensive OH". Since Togut, we never had a real and dominant OPP.

Now we have a lot of OPP and players that are half OH anf half OPP because they are good at hitting and not in back row.

So reception/defense will not be as good as it used to be + now we don't have a setter as good as the one we hade before.

The best part of this NT will be for sure having a lot of good MBs.

I like Parrocchiale since when she played in Villa and I am happy for her.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• I think this team need a leader, and the leader can be MARTINA GUIGGI. I think she is not there because she needs some rest. She had an amazing season in Bergamo, after K.S.'s injury, she was several times the best scorer for Bergamo, she jump serves again (and it can be useful) and she is the kind of played I would like as captain of this new NT. We can't only have Lucia Bosetti + a bunck of unexperienced players.

I also think that she could have been the perfect leader for this team, but she is out of the 'age range' that Mazzanti fixed, so I'm not sure we will see her back...
    And as I said beside the 'leader' thing I don't think we really need her in the prospective (and I say that being a huge fan of her).

A good leader for me could be another player not in the list: Ortolani (that could take Sorokaite spot, because she is versatile too, but – imho – better). But will her and Davide managed to stay all the summer with the NT having a daughter? And is it possible that Serena won't come back also to avoid frictions among the players? One thing is playing together in a Club where she has a quite defined role and that doesn't leave many space to malcontent (for example, if she plays more than others), another thing is the NT, where you also have to leave someone at home...

• Dind't Mazzanti said that he doesn't want to work with her wife again after this season in Conegliano?

It's "curious" how some players such as Ortolani and Rondon were in the NT in the past and now that they are stronger and better players they are not in the National Team anymore.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Diouf is such a drama queen! :rolll:

When she wasn't called in Rio, she said "I will never be in the NT again". Well, here we are... :rolll:

How old is she? 2? 3? It makes me laugh... A LOT looooooooooool

I'm not completely sure, but I think what she exactly said was "I won't be in NT again under this staff", so her return does make sense in a way :whistle: But probably it's just a matter of time until the next drama...

• Sometimes I find her funny...

:rolll: :rolll:

• Chirichella might not be a Foluke or a Rasic, but she's about a 10 times better attacker than Melandri :S
    In Firenze Melandri tipped more balls than she actually hit throughout the whole season. With Folie finally getting the recognition she deserves after being ignored by some previous NT coaches plus Bonifacio and Danesi rising as future for MB position, Melandri simply needs to be better to deserve a call IMO.

• Sara Loda (OH) will join NT too in the next days. Looks like one of OHs initially called by Mazzanti rejected the invitation for this summer (Rumors say it's Caterina Bosetti 8| ).

• Sara Loda (OH) will join NT too in the next days. Looks like one of OHs initially called by Mazzanti rejected the invitation for this summer (Rumors say it's Caterina Bosetti 8| ).

:what:
    At least that probably means the exclusion of Gennari is temporary (or may be wanted by her?), because she would have been my first back up call...

• :what:
    At least that probably means the exclusion of Gennari is temporary (or may be wanted by her?), because she would have been my first back up call...

Yes, Gennari agreed with Mazzanti to take some rest. Her knee is not completely recovered yet.

Where did you read this? The news isn't out yet, it seems strange that nobody wrote it...

• According to instagram Loda is on the NT camp and Bosetti isnt.

• Where did you read this? The news isn't out yet, it seems strange that nobody wrote it...

I read it too in an Italian FB group about volleyball (and I thought you were a member of that group too. I thought I knew who you are, but it seems I was wrong XD)

I just don't get how a player can refuse a call in the NT. If it's true, she was just "stupid".

• I'm too curious why 3 OPP at the same time ;( Sorokaite and Egonu are better than Diouf. Also, Diouf is not good in defence and too slow. I still think Mazzanti is a very good decision for Italy NT. I think he is going to test all players at first, maybe that's why he invited most of players to choose best of them.
    I dont like Bonitta because last year Italy NT didn't show anything. I cant accept Italy NT lost to Dutch NT three time. Dutch NT won a game so easily against Italy NT. But I do hope Mazzanti will change something to positive and maybe we will see strong Italian NT again and they will come back after years.

• Well, both Egonu and Sorokaite could be used as OH, so it does make sense to me to have 3 opposite.
    Anyway, Diouf needs to recover so she is leaving the team for a medical facility where she will be followed by NT staff.

• Well, both Egonu and Sorokaite could be used as OH, so it does make sense to me to have 3 opposite.
    Anyway, Diouf needs to recover so she is leaving the team for a medical facility where she will be followed by NT staff.

It makes sense to have 3 opposites because injuries can always happen, and this is the reason why I hope Mazzanti will call at least one more setter (Cambi) because having just 2 setters is way too risky.

• I checked on Instagam (Loda and C Bosetti's profiles) and there's nothing useful to know if they are there.

I meant FB group (Volley all)